• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Comments on the new forum system

Admin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolfan, is there a way to change 'Squawk Supporters' to just 'Supporters'? Or maybe if you can keep it on the same line because it runs on to the next line because 'Squawk Supporter' is too long. If you can't, then that's fine. But I always thought it was just a glitch/error in the forum system that you were going to eventually fix. It expands the page that I'm viewing, so if you can fix this, it'd be great. Thanks.

Dolfan, is there a way to change 'Squawk Supporters' to just 'Supporters'? Or maybe if you can keep it on the same line because it runs on to the next line because 'Squawk Supporter' is too long. If you can't, then that's fine. But I always thought it was just a glitch/error in the forum system that you were going to eventually fix. It expands the page that I'm viewing, so if you can fix this, it'd be great. Thanks.

I don't know why it's doing that for you. It doesn't wrap lines in Firefox or IE for me. Do you have your text size for your browser at the default setting?

Yes, they're at default setting, and I also have the same problem on my brother's computer, my dad's laptop, and my uncle's computer. Tried clearing cookies in all of them already.

can you attach some screenshots? I have logged on as myself and 2 other users and tried 3 different computers and both IE and FF on each of them and it won't do that for me.

Blah, is it just me or did this forum get a little too (I don't know the word for it, really) 'techy'? Too many new things here. I don't like the new post icons (those orange orbs), it doesn't really match the forum. I just liked the way this forum looked after we transferred from the old forums. Other than the secondary Hawks used as the forum post icons, I don't really dig the new style. I'll probably have to switch on over to the 'IPB Classic Blue' skin. Things just don't look as simple as they did back in the ol' days, but maybe it's just me turning senile. :P

Hmm... I just switched over to the 'IPB Classic Blue' skin, and it's definitely easier on the eyes. Actually, I like it better than most skins on the many forums I visit. Maybe as a suggestion, Dolfan, I don't mean to offend you or anything since I know you put a lot of work into the current Hawksquawk skin, but would it be possible to have a banner just for the 'IPB Classic Blue' skin? I think this skin looks perfect except it's using the generic IPB banner. Anyways, if it's too much to ask, then forget about it. Thanks.

Hmm... I just switched over to the 'IPB Classic Blue' skin, and it's definitely easier on the eyes. Actually, I like it better than most skins on the many forums I visit. Maybe as a suggestion, Dolfan, I don't mean to offend you or anything since I know you put a lot of work into the current Hawksquawk skin, but would it be possible to have a banner just for the 'IPB Classic Blue' skin? I think this skin looks perfect except it's using the generic IPB banner. Anyways, if it's too much to ask, then forget about it. Thanks.

No problem, I added a basic Hawksquawk logo to it. I don't want to put too much effort into it since I prefer for people to use the Hawksquawk theme.

I have also changed the icons on the Hawksquawk theme as well because the "orange orbs" you were referring to (which were actually basketballs) were bothering me as well. Other than that not much has changed since I first switched the site over so I'm not sure what you are referring to about it being too "techy".

I'm always getting logged out. Is it just me?

Do you switch browsers a lot? Are you logging in on a laptop and you change locations? In either of those cases it's intentional that you get logged out because this system uses an advanced cookie system.

I have to log in every time I go to work or to home on my laptop because of it being a different IP address. It's purely for security.

Do you switch browsers a lot? Are you logging in on a laptop and you change locations? In either of those cases it's intentional that you get logged out because this system uses an advanced cookie system.

I have to log in every time I go to work or to home on my laptop because of it being a different IP address. It's purely for security.

I use one computer in the same location every time.

Still having issues. When I log in and click "remember", browse for a minute and just quit the window, and pull HS back up it logs me out. I mean, not that big of a deal but annoying.

That is very annoying so it's a big deal. I would suggest that you try and clear your cookies. What browser are you using?