• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2008-09 Schedule

Rick

Anyone have an idea on when the 2008-09 schedule might come out? I haven't been able to find a definitive date anywhere. I'm wanting to book some flights over, but its all on hold until I can find out which days the games are on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Replying to my own post here....the schedule will be out later today....

The Hawks' reward for finally making the playoffs after nine years is an opening stretch to the 2008-09 season that includes six of their first eight games on the road.

The Hawks open the season Oct. 29 in Orlando against the defending Southeast Division champions. They face five playoff teams in their first eight games.

Schedules for all 30 teams are to be released by the NBA today.

The Hawks' challenging start also includes road dates with New Orleans, sandwiched between the Nov. 1 home opener against Philadelphia and Nov. 7 game against Toronto. That is followed by consecutive road games against Oklahoma City, Chicago, reigning league champion Boston and New Jersey.

The Raptors will also be the opponent for the Hawks' annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day game on Jan. 19.

The Hawks will make up for all that traveling in the final month and a half of the season, with 15 of their final 24 games of the season at Philips Arena. However, the regular-season finale will be in Memphis on April 15.