• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best team fans.

Diesel

I was at the New York game against Atlanta in April, and I must say, they still get the house quite packed even when there's not much of a chance for them to win.

It's hard to say other fan bases are more loyal than other fan bases. Because in order to do that, you'd have to factor out all of the bandwagon fans (because they're really untrue fans), but when you think about it, if a team is successful (Celtics, Lakers, etc.) they will attract those unwanted, unloyal fans.

They aggrivate the hell out of me but I will give it up to the Northsiders... they support their Cubs no matter what. It could be the history, scenery or location of Wrigley but there hasn't been one time I haven't seen it packed. And they are loud too

Quote:

They aggrivate the hell out of me but I will give it up to the Northsiders... they support their Cubs no matter what. It could be the history, scenery or location of Wrigley but there hasn't been one time I haven't seen it packed. And they are loud too

If best is only 'most loyal,' then probably the Cubs.

If to be the best you also have to be drunken, boorish frat boys who shout f-bombs at little kids, then probably the Cubs. The Cubs have sucked for so long that the fans have forgotten it's just a game.

Quote:

Gotta agree. For a team that hasn't won much of anything in 100 years, they have a damn good fanbase.

I picked the Packers. Not only do they show up in freezing and snowy weather, some are shirtless. They've made their stadium one of the hardest in NFL history for away teams. On top of that, don't they own the team, too ?

Quote:

I picked the Packers. Not only do they show up in freezing and snowy weather, some are shirtless. They've made their stadium one of the hardest in NFL history for away teams. On top of that, don't they own the team, too ?

If their fans does indeed own the team, don't you think Favre would be back as the starting quarterback by now? The majority of their fanbase wants him back.

The Packers are community-owned. Look it up.

The community elects a board of directors. The board of directors hire all the other people in the Front Office.

Also, Brett Favre retired, so right now, he isn't even in the NFL. I've heard from ESPN that the only reason he wanted to re-instated was so that he could play for another team. Apparently, Green Bay coaching staff planned to use him as a backup QB.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

If their fans does indeed own the team, don't you think Favre would be back as the starting quarterback by now? The majority of their fanbase wants him back.

The fans do own the team. Gretta Van Sustran was saying that she was a part of the ownership (along with other fans) and that they really want what's best for Farve but that there was nobody who didn't care either way.

The GM in GB has been trying to get Farve out since coming. It's personal.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Packers are community-owned. Look it up.

The community elects a board of directors. The board of directors hire all the other people in the Front Office.

Also, Brett Favre retired, so right now, he isn't even in the NFL. I've heard from ESPN that the only reason he wanted to re-instated was so that he could play for another team. Apparently, Green Bay coaching staff planned to use him as a backup QB.

Not quite.

Like most upper echleon sports stars, it's hard to stay out the game. Farve wanted to come back a Packer. But he was told he would be BU. I think the streak is in play a little, but more than that... it's logic. Farve gives GB their best chance to win. He just had a season that Rodgers couldn't duplicate with help. Moreover, all the offensive guys are loyal to Farve. Why would he be BU? He didn't get Beat out for the position? He hasn't missed camp or a game? The only thing that has happened since the end of last season (13-3, hosted NFC championship) was the fact that he said "I'm retiring". I say give him his job back or let him play elsewhere.

1. UK basketball fans. It doesn't get crazier then that

2. 2 way tie: Cubs and Red Sox fans

3. Yankees Fans

4. Alabama football fans

I am a fan of none of the above teams so this is totally unbiased.

My teams are the Braves, Falcons, Hawks, and Dogs. Of those, only the Dog fans belong on a list of the top 25 or so.

If your talking in all sports, the Nebraska Cornhuskers have the longest sellout streak in college football history. Since 1962 when the consecutive sellouts started and the streak is going yet at 289 straight games. Just think that is at least 45 plus years that they had a sellout. That just tells you and everyone else that Nebraska fans really support their Huskers regardless if they have a horrible couple seasons as they did have under the Bill Callahan era. Even at the red and white spring game(practice) this year they had 81,000+ and sold out. Husker football rules in the state of Nebraska.