• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Childress in Greece- his impact

frosgrim

What is going to be interesting to see is how effective Childress can be in the Euro game. IMO, the Greek team choose a player that just doesn't fit the Euro style of play. The Euro game is played below the net and is mostly a jump-shooters league.

Childress is a poor-man's slasher. He has no jump shot. Let me correct, he can shoot, but he has to be WIDE open due to that awful release point. Chill also likes to play the baseline, but with that weird Euro trapozode key, his effectiveness will be reduced on the baseline.

In all, I don't expect Childress will come close to "earning" the money the Greeks just paid him.

Quote:

What is going to be interesting to see is how effective Childress can be in the Euro game. IMO, the Greek team choose a player that just doesn't fit the Euro style of play. The Euro game is played below the net and is mostly a jump-shooters league.

Childress is a poor-man's slasher. He has no jump shot. Let me correct, he can shoot, but he has to be WIDE open due to that awful release point. Chill also likes to play the baseline, but with that weird Euro trapozode key, his effectiveness will be reduced on the baseline.

In all, I don't expect Childress will come close to "earning" the money the Greeks just paid him.

i think he will dominate due to his athleticism.....plus he will dominate just because Murphy's law says the Hawks need to look as bad as possible in every situation.

There is definitely a lot more shooting in the European game but it is also a much more team oriented game. I can see Childress doing well there because of his ability to move off the ball and his agility in transition. Also, he will be more dangerous as an iso-scorer and after playing all these years with the NBA 3pt. line he should be able to find the space to fire that off from the FIBA 3.

Childress will be far more athletic than the players he faces. He will be able to take people off the dribble anytime he likes. If only his J wasnt so hard to get off he could be really good over there. He'll get even more stuff around the basket than he does here, but they will be alot more physical with him (and the refs generally let things go more over there).

I agree his game is not tailor-made for that league, but he will be effective nonetheless.