• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chillz speaks on why he left the Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!

Wurider05

He stated that he left because they didn't offer him enough money and that they told him to go out and find another deal. He stated that there wasn't any signs that they wanted to hurry up and get a deal done and that he got frustrated.

Quote:

He stated that he left because they didn't offer him enough money and that they told him to go out and find another deal. He stated that there wasn't any signs that they wanted to hurry up and get a deal done and that he got frustrated.

Where did you hear this?

Quote:

lol i just heard it on 790,they told him to "go out and find a deal" and it backfired lol

• Moderators

I'm mad he's gone but in the Hawks defense we offered him the best deal (most money) he could get in the nba. He doesn't have to like it but it was a good offer that represented his value to an nba franchise. The Hawks can't compete with another league that is operating under different rules for salaries/caps etc.

Quote:

I'm mad he's gone but in the Hawks defense we offered him the best deal (most money) he could get in the nba. He doesn't have to like it but it was a good offer that represented his value to an nba franchise. The Hawks can't compete with another league that is operating under different rules for salaries/caps etc.

You can compete by making the team something that people want to be a part of. Money goes far, but moving overseas is not an easy move (I've done it). You have to want to leave before the offer comes in.

The ASG have produced a corporate culture that people do not want to be a part of. Look at the Braves as an example of guys willing to take a little less money to be a part of a great organization. Other examples can be found all over sports.

No, the ASG couldn't compete for that ridiculous monetary offer made, but that was only the tipping point in a bad relationship between Childress and Hawks management. Childress wanted out because the Hawks were not something he wanted to be a part of. I do blame the ASG for creating such a bad place to work.

Quote:

Quote:

You can compete by making the team something that people want to be a part of. Money goes far, but moving overseas is not an easy move (I've done it). You have to want to leave before the offer comes in.

The ASG have produced a corporate culture that people do not want to be a part of. Look at the Braves as an example of guys willing to take a little less money to be a part of a great organization. Other examples can be found all over sports.

No, the ASG couldn't compete for that ridiculous monetary offer made, but that was only the tipping point in a bad relationship between Childress and Hawks management. Childress wanted out because the Hawks were not something he wanted to be a part of. I do blame the ASG for creating such a bad place to work.

I can't disagree.

Quote:

Exactly. There is no drama in this report. Chris Broussard reported Chilz was offered a little more than the mid level exception over five years. Contract would top out around 7 mill a year. That is a fair offer and Chilz turned it down.

He got frustrated because the ASG did not up their offer; and because it was a fair offer, the ASG was confident no other NBA team would top it. Chilz wanted more and the only way he could get better than fair market value was to sign with Greece.

If some other NBA team thought Chilz was worth more and could have helped their team, a GM would have worked out a SNT. Bottom line, Greece is the only team in the world that thinks Chilz is worth more than what the ASG was offering!

i think what the ASG should have done when Chill didn't like the offer was that instead of saying something so idiotic and abrasive as "go find another offer", they should have said they would have to think about it and then come back with another offer SLIGHTLY higher and explain that in order to compete that's all they could do...

there is a WAY you talk and handle these things and saying stuff like that doesnt sound too good..

i bet BK is laughing right now.

Quote:

He stated that he left because they didn't offer him enough money and that
they told him to go out and find another deal.
He stated that there wasn't any signs that they wanted to hurry up and get a deal done and that he got frustrated.

Well, I guess he showed them...

Quote:

instead of saying something so idiotic and abrasive as "go find another offer"

I HIGHLY doubt that they said it like that. You are reading that quote at least 3rd party and probably more. It's just like the telephone game where the words get twisted up just a bit as each person tells another.

Think about it, why would they be so "abrasive" towards a player that they clearly wanted to keep? Childress just felt like he was worth more than he is in the NBA and slightly increasing our offer wouldn't have changed that fact. He is a smart kid so he knows that we need to try and save as much money as possible to keep the team together so I doubt mentioning that would have changed things either.

Bottom line, Greece is the only team in the world that thinks Chilz is worth more than what the ASG was offering!

It takes two to work out a SNT. Why would he pass up on this offer when the Atl ownership has shown no motivation to do anything quickly.

I am willing to bet he had other offers via SNT higher than "just above the MLE".