• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Get ready for RUBEN PATTERSON

TheNorthCydeRises

Some of you are just hoping, and not reading between the lines.

There is no other player in the league that is close to a Chill clone, than Ruben is. Go check out his numbers. They're almost a mirror image of Chill's, maybe even slightly better.

A lot of you want this team to be a full-fledged offensive team, with shooters everywhere. But look at who is the GM and look at who's the coach.

Both guys would much rather deal with veterans than with younger players. And GTfan44 even reminded me that Ruben played in Seattle.

Woody's a defensive-minded coach . . . Ruben fits his system perfectly.

The Celtics won not only because of the Big 3. They won because of defense.

If Sund is talking to Woody right now, he DOES NOT want a headcase like JR Smith on the team. And while he might like a Luke Jackson, he won't like him either, because he's a one-dimensional shooter.

But Ruben, at age 32, would be right up Woody's alley. He's a defensive guy who does nothing but slash and take the ball to the hole.

2yrs - 4.2 million deal is what I predict for Ruben.

New rotation, ( assuming we add Ruben, Kwame, Speedy is healthy enough to come back, and we re-sign Smith )

PG: Bibby ( 28 min ) - Speedy ( 10 min ) - Law ( 10 min )

G: JJ ( 30 min ) - Law ( 10 min ) - Ruben ( 8 min )

F: Marvin ( 34 min ) - JJ ( 8 min ) - Ruben ( 8 min )

PF: Smith ( 36 min ) - Horford ( 12 min )

C: Horford ( 24 min ) - Zaza ( 16 min ) - Kwame ( 8 min )

Total minutes:

JJ - 38

Smith - 36

Horford - 36

Marvin - 34

Bibby - 28

Law - 20

Ruben - 18

Zaza - 14

Speedy - 10

Kwame - 8

Your new look, defensive-minded Atlanta Hawks.

Unless things have changed, Patterson would be required to register as a sex offender in Georgia, which has some very strict laws for such individuals.

Just speaking on his on-court merit, I'd say he's about as useful as Lo Wright, so I'm certain he's on the ASG's radar.

Quote:

Ruben [Patterson] was actually angry that Melo was starting over him. George Karl's practices generally go at 50%-75% speed. Ruben, trying to prove that he should start over Anthony, went at 100% and almost hurt him.

Melo finally got sick of it and went 100% too. It resulted in him dunking on Ruben several times in succession as well as scoring from everywhere. Ruben then tried to fight him.

After that, Karl put Ruben on someone else. Note to Ruben: Don't try to hurt the franchise player.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, one more story. The Nuggets thought if they could give Ruben a jumper, he would be terrific. AD was tasked with giving Ruben an offensive game. Ruben told him to **** off, that no one could stop his drive and who did
Adreian
Dantley think he was?

Please not. frown.gif

northcyde, my man, I love Ruben's game, but is he really useful anymore? I loved him back in 2003 and 2004, but after Kobe hit those 2 disgustingly sick overtime-forcing and GW shots over Ruben, he seems to have fallen off.

I wouldn't mind a nutcase added to this team though. We need some freaking life on this roster.

Quote:

Ruben Patterson? my god...and some people thought JrSmith was like Rider?....

if we sign this guy, i may test the boundaries of how much beer i can actually consume in one sitting..

we're so phkd.

Amen and amen. JR Smith is younger, faster, more athletic, and a better shooter. And why do we want Ruben again???

I'm just saying . . .

If we're about to acquire a player that is similar to Chill, it's not going to be JR or Luke. It'll be Ruben.

That story BigDirty posted regarding Ruben and Melo was hilarious.

But then again, let's say we switched Melo with Marvin, and Ruben went at Marvin in practice like that. If it lit a fire under Marvin, like it did Melo, that wouldn't be bad at all.

As far as who's the bigger headcase, it probably is Ruben. I guess Woody would rather coach a defensive head case that plays hard all the time . . than an offensive one that doesn't.

Seeing that he is a sex offender though, all of the little kids at Philips would be forced to sit at least as high as Club level. And keep the women off the first 4 rows next to he court.

Personally, at this point, I'm content to just roll with Law, Mario, Jeremy, and Speedy, unless we can really bring a good player in here.

But if we sign somebody who is similar to Chill, I got my money on Ruben.