• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rick Sund: "I haven't really done anything yet"

GTfan44

That's what he said on a conference call earlier from Vegas. Others in the conference call were Kincaid and Mark Bradley.

-Sund says Chillz was "money hungry"

-Says that we must look into signing future FA's and we placed a competitive offer

-A lot of stammering

Quote:

Hmmmm. Well maybe he was, but I don't believe in disparaging the player personally. Just sounds like sour grapes. Better to just let it go as water under the bridge, and not make any personal comments toward the player at all in my opinion.

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmm. Well maybe he was, but I don't believe in disparaging the player personally. Just sounds like sour grapes. Better to just let it go as water under the bridge, and not make any personal comments toward the player at all in my opinion.

I agree.

Also, he said Chillz is a "supplemental player." Kincade (sorry I've been misspelling his name I think) was enraged he said this, but i agree.

Chillz would not come close to starting on any team in the NBA, and really isn't that great of a basketball player when the smoke clears.

I think I will wait to hear (or read) the interview myself before I rush to judgment. It seems very odd to me that a guy who has been around as long as Sund and who has such a good reputation around the league would call a player "money hungry", at least in public.

Even if he was "money hungry", I don't think insulting a player is the right thing to do. I also think its pretty clear that we weren't offering him much more than the Full MLE from all the reports I have read. I think its completely classless to say that.

This situation could be looked at two ways, Childress is money hungry or the ASG/Sund are cheap bastards. It really depends on who you like more (or dislike less) as to which view you take.

I'm sure Childress was money hungry because that's the nature of the business and the same for the owners trying to be as cheap as possible. My problem comes when management talks bad about a former player and I still hope that quote was taken out of context or something or that he never said that because it's very classless as you said. I hope that Childress didn't take a shot at our organization considering all that we gave him and I respect Childress too much to believe that he would take a cheap shot at the organization, at least in public.

Quote:

And he;s not kidding about the stammering. It was embarassing, you would've thought it was Barnie Fife on the interview. Pittiful.

Makes me think even more he's a puppet.

Oh, I heard some of it on 790. And although I wasn't a big fan of Childress (I wanted Deng or Iguodala in the draft), the names I'm hearing to replace him is getting me nauseous....