• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OK PEOPLE--It's JOSH CHILDRESS--IT's NOT OVER

GTfan44

He was a fan favorite, blah blah blah.

ASG are morons--we all know that.

Let's think about this upcoming season:

1) Woodson has done something this offseason he's never done before--admit his past mistakes

2) Speedy may actually play

3) Acie Law will be healthy

4) Marvin, JJ, Horford will all elevate their games

5) JJ will play less because we will have a JR Smith or Kareem Rush coming off the bench and J Richardson will play more

6) We will have a nice backup like Kwame to help ZaZa off the bench

7) Bibby will be healthy and will be great trade bait

THIS TEAM WILL BE FINE--CHILDRESS WAS A NICE PIECE, BUT THE HAWKS WILL NOT DIE AS A RESULT OF HIM LEAVING OUR TEAM.

If Sund / Gearon (whoever the GM is) can just sign a few pieces and everyone can stay healthy, we will be a team to reckon with next year.

Anyone sharing my positivity? goodvibes.gif

Sure, it's just one player, but I think Childress has been heavily undervalued here in Atlanta. No one realizes how important a sixth man is. He was one of our only players who played well in the trenches and working for putbacks- grabbing rebounds, going hard to the basket, low post scoring, etc. I hope we can find someone that can fill in the gap that he's made because right now, we're just a team full of holes especially in the bench... and we haven't even resigned Josh Smith yet.

Quote:

I think Childress has been heavily undervalued here in Atlanta.

And I think that he's very over-rated. Why didn't anyone else in the league want to pay him starter money? (Ginobili, for example, will be making 9.9 mil this season, and plays roughly the same amount of minutes as Childress). Sure, sixth men are important and I don't think that losing him is grand, but I'm actually excited to see how Marvin responds when Woody can't (I think) put him on ice right when he gets going. There's a reason Chill has to go to Greece to get more than MLE money (or slightly above that, according to our alleged offer).

It means to me a loss of a high draft choice getting nothing for him. Bad enough BK didn't pick the right player but now we get nothing for Childress. Why is it other teams seem to sign free agents that can make a difference yet the Hawk's have to draft theirs?

I realize Chills was a 6th man but its more than that we lost plus the fact that a European team signed him. How many other teams lose players to European teams unless there 11-12 men on a team,players who can't make it in the NBA.

This ownership what are they waiting on? This goes to show any team owned by a bunch of people never does well in any league.

I'm glad to hear you optimism . . . . and I hope you're right. But I don't think a lot of FA's are going to want to come here with all the crap surrounding this franchise. They have to sign Smoove even if it cost them a bundle. Cause if he leaves the bottom will fall out and we will have Lo back here. .

Quote:

5) JJ will play less because we will have a JR Smith or Kareem Rush coming off the bench and J Richardson will play more

6) We will have a nice backup like Kwame to help ZaZa off the bench

It is almost august and the Hawks have made no additions to the roster that played against Boston. i will believe that we will get quality additions to the roster when i actually see them.