• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow. A pro-Sund article...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Sund Discusses Childress Decision

Quote:

There was also some talk of a sign-and-trade, reportedly with two top level teams. Suns indicated the offers were for players who would barely crack Atlanta's rotation, let alone make the impact Childress could. From Atlanta's point of view, why spend that money if it won't make you better?

Another interesting development:

Quote:

Sund also said ownership was told him they will pay to exceed the luxury tax if Sund feels the cost would put the team at not only a .500+ level, but a championship level.

If true, that bodes well for the future.

Quote:

Can someone please evaluate and tell me what these mean ? I'm kinda weezy at the head right now.....

First, that there were sign-and-trade scenarios, but none that would net the Hawks players that would earn more than mop-up minutes. Why pay someone for nothing?

Second, that ASG is willing to go into the luxury tax, but not for a team .500 or under. Basically, Sund doesn't think that Childress was a crucial piece, in case the whole "utility man" quote didn't convey that clearly enough.

When we made the move to get Bibby last year - my oppinion of the ASG changed. I thought they were impotent and unable to agree on anything of substance. Most people would say that was the move that propelled us to the playoffs - thus the epic 7 gamer with the celtics.

I also thought that Josh was bluffing and trying to make us come off for more than he was worth. This article is really how I see the entire situation. Josh is a nice piece but we need shooters and bigs on this team so we can't break the bank on a MLE type player. Josh is more the a hustle player - but not that much more. He isn't a bad shooter - but he doesn't put fear into the other team.

For the ASG to come out of this smelling like a rose is to get a quality back up 3 that can either lock down his man or stroke it with his eyes closed. If Sund gets that guy in here - then there shouldn't be mush of a hick up over losing Josh - especially for the money he was asking for.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not interested in what Sund or the ASG says. I want to see it in action. Show me don't tell me!

Bingo. I don't trust ASG any further than I can throw them.

Well, with your bad knee, Ed, you shouldn't be throwing anyone.

After we all get over our initial Shock and Awe of this situation, I think we can sympathize with Sund here. There are still options that will enable us to field a team next year that could be just as good/better as last year's team.

Sund's actions between now and opening night are crucial. At the end of it all, we could be better for it.

I also am cautiously encouraged by ASG's willingness to go into Ltax if contender status is reached. That's all I can really ask for as a fan.