• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about Ryan Gomes?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

He's only a year older than Josh Childress and a bit of a hybrid forward, but it's not like the Hawks have a lot of forwards now. By all accounts, he's a classy guy and hard worker, too.

Minny has Mike Miller, Corey Brewer, and Rashad McCants as wings already. Gomes is restricted...

His per36's from last season are comparable:

Josh C --> 14/6/2

Ryan G --> 15/7/2

Just trying to think outside the box here...

I like the idea as well. I actually met him in real life before (he played basketball in the league that my high school plays in) and sometimes, when he played for Boston, he'd drive down to Connecticut to watch some of the high school games there.

However, he's had a solid year in Minnesota, so I don't know if we will be able to get him without giving up a young player.

Quote:

I like that idea. He could sub for Smoove and Marvin. Where does the shooter come from?

Shooter is luke jackson/j-rich zone034life

Gomes not too bad....MR H do you know how much he would cost??? I would rather have Sasha, etc. but good solution.

Guest Walter

OK idea. As a RFA he'll be matched. Still, If we get JS a little cheaper than expected, throw another million per at Gomes and maybe make Minny balk. Gomes would be a great replacement.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

MR H do you know how much he would cost??? I would rather have Sasha, etc. but good solution.

Full MLE, but I'm not sure you'd have to give him 5 years...

I still think the best way to get this mid-tier guys is to give them two years with an option for a third at the full MLE.

I saw this name too, but I'm afraid Gomes can't really back up Marvin. He's not a ball-handler, more of a 3/4 tweener who can shoot a little bit.

I think we really need a 2/3 tweener who can fill it up from behind the arc. That Euroleague dude from another thread sounds like one good flyer. Vujacic would be great also. Kareem Rush maybe at the low end of price/value.

If we can't get a free agent to fill the spot we'll need to look at trades. The only thing we really have to trade is Zaza. If we could lock up Kwame (no lock, Lakers are now taking a hard look at him again), I think Zaza might be expendable. Who is out there around $4M who fits the bill in a trade?

I like Gomes and I thought he would be one of the RFA's to get a lot of attention this summer. I think that McHale made it one of the Wolves priorities to re-sign Gomes. The fact that they can match must have scared off a lot of teams from putting out an offer sheet, so Minny is taking their sweet time. Surely that won't come back to bite the ass of a quality management team the likes of Minnesota.