• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

790 the zone with a Chillz soundbite.....

HawkNJersey

Quote:

And Chillz said that Smoove has/is asked/asking questions about the lifestyle in Greece and Europe. Maybe this is nothing....but we assumed that with Chillz too.

I think the ASG have to consider this as a threat. If Smith walks (with no compensation or minimal), combined with the now dry FA market, and no trade assets, it's lottery city baby. Shoot, we may be headed that way with Smith...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

And Chillz said that Smoove has/is asked/asking questions about the lifestyle in Greece and Europe. Maybe this is nothing....but we assumed that with Chillz too.

I think the ASG have to consider this as a threat. If Smith walks (with no compensation or minimal), combined with the now dry FA market, and no trade assets, it's lottery city baby. Shoot, we may be headed that way with Smith...

IF Smith Leaves, I guarantee the destruction of the franchise. JJ will force his way out. We will be left with an overpaid Marvin and Horf and Acie (until they can leave).

As I said the other day, if we lose Smith and either get nothing or a less than comparable player in return I'm done with the Hawks. I can't even fathom a situation worse than losing both of our FAs and not getting anything in return.

• Premium Member

If one of my friends had just moved to another country I'd be asking them how it is also, I really don't think that means Smith is thinking of going there. After all, Childress just signed the biggest contract in European HISTORY, I don't see them going higher for Smith.

That said, the ASG has definitely screwed up and they better get something done.

Quote:

I hope everyone is prepare to lose Smoove. I see it happening. I am trying not to go down that road. ASG has completely screwed everything up.

If Smoove leaves for diddly squat, I may march down to ASG office with my 9mm and...anyway, this is utterly ridiculous that we are even discussing this!

Chillz would be left to run it. I have been on this site almost daily for 8 years now and I would hate to have to leave it, but I would honestly be done as a Hawks fan. Maybe if we got new ownership in the future that would change, but I doubt it. I'd probably become a Rockets fan.

Quote:

I agree. The rumor last week from Detroit that they were offering Amir and Prince for Smoove sort of worries me now. I hope the Hawks don't panic and take a lesser deal just to fill both spots.

That doesn't seem like a realistice mindset to me. I see them trading Josh if they refuse to pay him more than 9-10 a year and his people are set on it, but they aren't going to trade him to fill roster spots, they'll just sign dudes to the minimum.

Quote:

If one of my friends had just moved to another country I'd be asking them how it is also, I really don't think that means Smith is thinking of going there. After all, Childress just signed the biggest contract in European HISTORY, I don't see them going higher for Smith.

That said, the ASG has definitely screwed up and they better get something done.

Money can change a man's mind.

It doesn't have to be Greece. Say a real good team in Spain or Andersen's old team in Russia stepped to Smith's agent and said:

We got 3yrs - 51 million we want to give you.

Before you say impossible, we don't know what these teams are willing to spend over there. The Chill deal may spark a spending "arms race" amongst the Euro teams, much like you see in soccer over there.

By the way, that's a 17 million a year contract. A contract, if Smith's taxes are paid, will net him 30+ million in 3 years.

If you're the Hawks, do you match that, just to say that we didn't lose him for nothing?

Quote:

If he bolts also a person would have to be a downright idiot to continue to follow this "team". A downright idiot.

I'm the idiot then.

I'd be pizzed at management if we let him walk for nothing, unless some other Euro team pulls a "jack move" for him.

But like i said a few months ago. My support of this TEAM is UNCONDITIONAL!!

I'm not going to stop supporting JJ, Horford, Marvin, Bibby, Acie and the others, just because Chill and Smith are gone.

You don't even support the team when things are going a little bit well, so it's easy for you to say you'll never support them.