• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

790 the zone with a Chillz soundbite.....

HawkNJersey

I'm a fan of the Hawks. Not the Hawks ownership, not players that come and hop on the first plane to Greece when a big money offer comes along. Real cities with real fans are full of people who've suffered through miserable year after year. THe Cubs fans have endured the abysmal Tribune ownership, and remain some of the most loyal in pro sports.

As for Childress, he was a role player, that's all he ever will be in the NBA. He thinks he's worth more money than he is (maybe bacause he was drafted 6th?), and he was willing to get it from anybody desperate enough to give it to him. More power to the guy, but let's not make this out to be anything more than it is. He wants to get paid. He doesn't care about the NBA, or about building something here in Atlanta. Good Riddance.

Go Hawks.

• Premium Member

10 million a year is a lowball offer. 12 million is what we should offer. 5 years, 60 million or 6 years, 72 would be perfect, and actually better than most of us expected entering this offseason. That's 12 million per.

Why waste your time with an situation that there is no chance of a win? It doesn't make sense. Neither does that "back the team at any cost" garbage. It's a load of hooey. The owners make money, the players make money... The fans don't get sh!t and there supposed to be the loyal ones? What kind of sense does that make? Like I said, it's the same as the abused wife that is dumb enough to "stick by her man" no matter what. Same thing.

I'd love to have Landry here. I'm not thrilled by the hardball tactics that the Rockets are playing with him right now, but that's the only bad thing I can say about the Rockets at this point. They would never let a home grown player like Smith get away and I pray that the Hawks don't either.

Quote:

I'd be pizzed at management if we let him walk for nothing, unless some other Euro team pulls a "jack move" for him.

You sound like the abused gf that goes back to her bf no matter what. It's very weak.

clapclap.gif