• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rumors about Evans to Hawks in blogosphere

jerrywest

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

cant really get excited over evans coming to ATL but would probably help the team I guess. He does play good in atlanta though since his career high of 27 was played against us this year.

Why cant you get excited? If given the same minutes, he'll basically replace Chillz numbers...For about 1/3 the cost.

Im not saying he isnt needed or wont be a big part of this team but I just dont get hyped up over guys who are limited offensively and good defenders.

He's 18th in the league in 3 point FG % so I think that opens up the offense IMO.

Quote:

Quote:

Last season he averaged 9.3 and 3.1 in only 23 min a game.

And is a decent defender. And a vet.

As long as the other part of the MLE is used on a big man like Kwame, I'd be okay (not happy, but okay) with this offseason.

Bibby/Law/Claxton

JJ/Evans/West

Marvin/JRich

Smith/?/Jones

Horford/Kwame/Zaza

I would be ecstatic with that ! Not OK, freaking ecstatic !

That is the best we can do after losing Chillz. In fact I'd rather have a Evans / Brown combo over Chillz any ways.

Chillz for $7 mill

or

Evans / Brown for $5.58 mill combined.

That is an easy decision for me !

I did a pole on this a few days ago and the results were 75% in favor of a solid wing / big for $5.58 mill over Chillz for $ 7mill by about 75%.

Now if Brown wanted more money and we had to settle for Morris, as the big, I would only be "OK."

Maurice Evans is a good defender and a good 3 point shooter who will stretch the floor. The great thing is this is a veteran that Woody can trust to put out on the floor and not worry about him screwing up. If we re-sign Smoove and get 2 more bigs we should be set for next season.

Apparently he backed out. The Warriors matched Azubuiki(sp). They had stated if they matched him they wouldn't sign Evans. Putting 2 and 2 together it appears he backed out just as Chillz signed in Greece so he may be headed here.

I got this from a recent thread commenting on his offer from GS.

Quote:

don't know why we haven't even talked about resigning him. I think Evans has been productive here. He have many guards now, but i would trade jj and bogans and definitely bring mo back

Quote:

its weird u hear about scrubs like tyronn freakin lue choosing teams and having teams want him, but u dont hear about interest in a fringe starter, hustling energetic role player like mo evans, who can impact a team very positively.

Quote:

Nice pick up for the Warriors. Mo is a solid player and a great guy.

Quote:

Good to hear that Mo got a decent contract. He did a great job for us last year.

Quote:

Best of Luck to Mo Evans in Golden State.

Thanks for what you gave to this team last year.

Quote:

I will miss him he wass actually very impressive, moved without the ball extremely well.

Quote:

I will miss his ability to find the hole in the defense under the rim for an easy 2.

Quote:

i wish Bogans opted out and JJ got traded so we got to keep Evans but it didnt happen.

Quote:

I would have rather kept him then Bogans but Evans is the better player and will be solid for the Warriors

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php...&st=0&sk=t&sd=a