• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is the mourning for Chill now over?

TheNorthCydeRises

LOL . . . you mean, just like that?

After all of that crying and complaining . . then we sign somebody . . and it's over?

Well, I guess we can offiially have the Chill funeral now, and pay our proper respects. He will be missed. He was definitely underappreciated as a Hawk, and will go down as probably one of the top 10 most popular Hawks of all time.

I feel more bad for the little kids at Philips, that loved him and his fro, than anything else.

I was never really that upset. I wish he didn't leave but I could think of some positives

-no more 6th starter ,we can now give the other bench plays decent minutes to get comfortable

-no more Childress at the point, lol nuff said

Quote:

After all of that crying and complaining . . then we sign somebody . . and it's over?

Well, I guess we can offiially have the Chill funeral now, and pay our proper respects. He will be missed. He was definitely underappreciated as a Hawk, and will go down as probably one of the top 10 most popular Hawks of all time.

I feel more bad for the little kids at Philips, that loved him and his fro, than anything else.

I for one am ecstatic that this franchise has been able to turn a high lottery pick into a journeyman bench player.

It would be stupid for fans to ask for more, right?

signing evans puts us slightly below before chills left....no, it doesnt make me happy...but at least we got SOMETHING...

and i dont know why everytime somebody in the organization does something stupid, you jump the the forefront to defend them....doesnt matter who it is, BK, Woodson, Sund, ASG...doesnt matter, you always defend them...i used to agree with most of your stuff because you were more positive than negative but now you go overboard and criticize people for expecting more from a moribund franchise.

When did I say he was a star or going to be one. He was a solid NBA player. When he first came into the league up until last season he did improve and he found his role on this team.

Why do some of you refuse to give Chillz credit of being a viable NBA player. Its not like he is Luke Jackson who is trying to make the roster.

• Premium Member

Quote:

signing evans puts us slightly below before chills left....no, it doesnt make me happy...but at least we got SOMETHING...

and i dont know why everytime somebody in the organization does something stupid, you jump the the forefront to defend them....doesnt matter who it is, BK, Woodson, Sund, ASG...doesnt matter, you always defend them...i used to agree with most of your stuff because you were more positive than negative but now you go overboard and criticize people for expecting more from a moribund franchise.

Doc. It's because Northcyde is paid to troll the internet and make the Hawks organization look like everybody else. Notice, Northcyde was the first to start the echo "Nobody else has signed their RFA......Deng...Ellis..Okafor.."... then you see the same quote from Gearon and Levenson. Northcyde is ASG's paid internet stalker. He starts the echo chamber so that there's always a resonance that rings in the minds of Hawks fans. His messages are "Oh, this is normal. Oh it's alright. Oh it's not that bad. Get over it:

Quote:

and i dont know why everytime somebody in the organization does something stupid, you jump the the forefront to defend them....

Some people don't think the ASG did anything stupid in the Chillz situation. They offered Chillz the most money he could make in this country. Chillz decided to go over seas where the economy and currency is presently stronger and got more money then he could make in the USA.

How does any of that make the ASG stupid ?

Only one thing seems stupid here and its the people who are too ignorant to understand the NBA's salary cap and luxury tax does not allow you over to pay 6th men while at the same time filling out a 14 man roster.

Had we signed Chillz to a $7 mill contract and Smith to a $11 mill contract we would have $00 to fill out the roster with. We could not spend the $5.58 MLE without incurring the 100% luxury tax. Why is that so hard for half the board to comprehend ?

Quote:

No.

We're just trying to move forward. It was still stupid to give up on value that way.

I agree and the way it went down will be remembered by the players for sure. If Sund planned the strategy, he will need to atone to the team or be replaced. And they better sign JSmith ASAP or he will be studying a translator. This Euroleague seize is as serious as Obama is the Prez (He is, it is a wrap).

Quote:

Quote:

and i dont know why everytime somebody in the organization does something stupid, you jump the the forefront to defend them....

Some people don't think the ASG did anything stupid in the Chillz situation. They offered Chillz the most money he could make in this country. Chillz decided to go over seas where the economy and currency is presently stronger and got more money then he could make in the USA.

How does any of that make the ASG stupid ?

Only one thing seems stupid here and its the people who are too ignorant to understand the NBA's salary cap and luxury tax does not allow you over to pay 6th men while at the same time filling out a 14 man roster.

Had we signed Chillz to a $7 mill contract and Smith to a $11 mill contract we would have $00 to fill out the roster with. We could not spend the $5.58 MLE without incurring the 100% luxury tax. Why is that so hard for half the board to comprehend ?

oh my god, how many times must we say this...IT ISN'T ABOUT THE MONEY....Childress would not have even gotten to the point of looking overseas if the ownership hadnt offered an amount and then took it off the table and then offered a lower amount later and if he didnt like it go elsewhere....THAT'S WHERE THEY SCREWED UP. of course AFTER they got to that point, the ASG couldn't do anything- BUT IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN TO THAT POINT.

Why is everybody on this place so damn hard on Diesel and northcyde?

northcyde is called an optimist and I've ABSOLUTELY enjoyed reading his posts here and on espn message boards back in the day. The guy knows his stuff, is rational, and extremely intelligent.

Diesel posts Marvin trades--so what? Every time we see Marvin drive the lane and lose the ball, we all throw our glass bottles and smash the TV--so what?

These are 2 great posters here and everyone here needs to lay off.

And DocHawk got major issues like he was abused as a child or something.

Quote:

I don't care about resigning Chil, I wanted us to trade him anyway. I still think ASG/Sund sucks but I would have thought they sucked more if they spent 7/year on Josh Childress.

Quote:

Why is everybody on this place so damn hard on Diesel and northcyde?

northcyde is called
an optimist
and I've ABSOLUTELY enjoyed reading his posts here and on espn message boards back in the day. The guy knows his stuff, is rational, and extremely intelligent.

Diesel posts Marvin trades--so what? Every time we see Marvin drive the lane and lose the ball, we all throw our glass bottles and smash the TV--so what?

These are 2 great posters here and everyone here needs to lay off

And DocHawk got major issues like he was abused as a child or something.

"cough"suck up"cough" lol

• Premium Member

Quote:

oh my god, how many times must we say this...IT ISN'T ABOUT THE MONEY....Childress would not have even gotten to the point of looking overseas if the ownership hadnt offered an amount and then took it off the table and then offered a lower amount later and if he didnt like it go elsewhere....THAT'S WHERE THEY SCREWED UP. of course AFTER they got to that point, the ASG couldn't do anything- BUT IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN TO THAT POINT.

That version of the story is simply hearsay.

What we know for sure is that the Olympiakos offer is significantly more money that the Hawks' offer.

Northycyde,

I'd rather have Evans at 2.5 mill a year than Chill at 8 mill a year. Still, that doesnt change the fact that it sucks we lost Chill for nothing. I think had we moved Chill earlier, we could have gotten either a mid 1st rounder or a solid player in return.