• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Grady Jackson visits Falcons.

coachx

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...dy_jackson.html

We really needed some bodies to clog the middle so our talented crop of LBs can roam. I would love this deal if it can happen. It really helps us clog the run. We are very deep at DT if we add Jackson. No elite talent but a deep depth chart of tried and true veterans to hold down the fort.

Now for the pass ? What CBs to we have that can play man to man. I guess we will play zone 90% of the time. BTW, what ever happended to Ty Law ? Did anyone pick him up.

<a href="http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/07/25/falcons_grady_jackson.html" target="_blank">http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...dy_jackson.html</a>

We really needed some bodies to clog the middle so our talented crop of LBs can roam. I would love this deal if it can happen. It really helps us clog the run. We are very deep at DT if we add Jackson. No elite talent but a deep depth chart of tried and true veterans to hold down the fort.

Now for the pass ? What CBs to we have that can play man to man. I guess we will play zone 90% of the time. BTW, what ever happended to Ty Law ? Did anyone pick him up.

Yeah, I think Gravy would be a great pickup too. We need the big guy to take up space in the middle. Our LBs are by far the bright spot on defence, so this should free them up so they can really shine.

As for the secondary..... :Cry: :Cry: it could be very ugly!

Grady Jackson would be a solid pick up for the Falcons. If we do pick him up though, it will signal that we are more worried about Trey Lewis' knee problem than we had previously proclaimed. Grady Jackson is a very good run stuffer, but I also believe he is an underrated pass rusher.

Our secondary looks shaky, but don't forget we are running a Cover 2 system, so it won't really matter whether or not all of our cornerbacks can be shutdown defenders on the man to man.

Atlanta has added another coach to help with the "new" secondary defense.

He is the head coach of the Atlanta Arena League team. Both teams are

owned by Blank.

Nice move.

Grady should have never left the Falcons to begin with but it would be great to have the guy back.

I really don't know why we released him in the first place. Petrino and McKay had other plans I guess. If we hadn't released him, I guess Trey Lewis wouldn't have developed into the DT he is right now because he would of never played as much.

• Moderators
I really don't know why we released him in the first place. Petrino and McKay had other plans I guess. If we hadn't released him, I guess Trey Lewis wouldn't have developed into the DT he is right now because he would of never played as much.

I think it was Petrino wanting to make a statement to the disgruntled veterans on the team that they were disposable if they didn't accept the way he was running the show. Just a stupid, ego-driven move.