• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Switching Lanes

Chris18

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amir Johnson hasn't done anything in the NBA. He may become a good player one day but right now he isn't any better than Solomon.

Solomon was a 4 year college guy and is nearly 25 years old. Amir is only 21. Amirs stats per minute are very good.

Here are some stats a real gm guy had on him..

"If you look at what Amir has done with the minutes he got, he did deserve more minutes. In fact, if you look at all his defensive efficiency numbers, they were the best on the team in terms of per possession. In terms of points per possession when a player was on the floor, Amir was #2 in the entire NBA. In terms of blocks vs. shots taken by the other team when Amir was on the floor, he was #1 in the entire NBA. In terms of the percentage of rebounds he came down with vs. the rebounds that were possible, he was in the top 10."

"I'm not a numbers guy but Amir passed both in terms of numbers and the eye ball test. In fact, I'd say he was even better when playing with the core players than he was in garbage time last year. Detroit's best defensive combination was Amir and Sheed...period.":

Also take into account the guys Amir played behind in Detroit vs. the guys Solomon has played behind and their is no comparison between the 2.

Solomon was a 4 year college guy and is nearly 25 years old. Amir is only 21. Amirs stats per minute are very good.

Here are some stats a real gm guy had on him..

"If you look at what Amir has done with the minutes he got, he did deserve more minutes. In fact, if you look at all his defensive efficiency numbers, they were the best on the team in terms of per possession. In terms of points per possession when a player was on the floor, Amir was #2 in the entire NBA. In terms of blocks vs. shots taken by the other team when Amir was on the floor, he was #1 in the entire NBA. In terms of the percentage of rebounds he came down with vs. the rebounds that were possible, he was in the top 10."

"I'm not a numbers guy but Amir passed both in terms of numbers and the eye ball test. In fact, I'd say he was even better when playing with the core players than he was in garbage time last year. Detroit's best defensive combination was Amir and Sheed...period.":

Also take into account the guys Amir played behind in Detroit vs. the guys Solomon has played behind and their is no comparison between the 2.

That still doesn't change the fact that Amir has done nothing in the league. The trade is not a good idea, and there's not a stat in the world that can convince me (and others who feel the same way as I do) that this trade is a good one.

• Premium Member
That settles it for me then. Johnson and Prince for Smoove and Speedy. Marvin would then become one of the best, if not the best 6th men in the league.

Why waste all that money on Sixth man.

I say, trade Marvin for Frye/Webster... and let Johnson become the best 6th man in the league. Or Webster. Or Law. Or Evans.

IF we get Frye Starters minutes, he'll get us 18/10.

Why waste all that money on Sixth man.

I say, trade Marvin for Frye/Webster... and let Johnson become the best 6th man in the league. Or Webster. Or Law. Or Evans.

IF we get Frye Starters minutes, he'll get us 18/10.

If I had a 5th, I'd be drunk.

No one likes your proposed trade, bro. Give it up.

That still doesn't change the fact that Amir has done nothing in the league. The trade is not a good idea, and there's not a stat in the world that can convince me (and others who feel the same way as I do) that this trade is a good one.

I didn't say it was a good trade. I said you were wrong for saying he's not better than Soloman.

• Premium Member
If I had a 5th, I'd be drunk.

No one likes your proposed trade, bro. Give it up.

You obviously don't get it? I don't post my trades for the likes of you?!!!? If I were doing things for "your" likes, I'd probably be trying to build you a shed or slaving on something else. Do I look like your MFing Slave? IF You think I do FU.

<_<

• Premium Member
Tayshaun averages 13 a game on a very good team where he is the 4th option. Smoove averages 17 a game on a below average team where he was the 2nd option. I think Tayshauns scoring would go up 3 or 4 points a game in Atlanta. Conversely I think if Smoove had been drafted by Detroit he would have been in a similar situation to Amir. He would have been behind the likes of Wallace and McDyss(sp) and would be much more of an unknown.

So let's say we do that trade ok... Amir Johnson in his second year of the contract becomes a good 15/10 guy who gives you 2-3 blocks a game... Then HE asks for a max contract... What the hell will the ASG do... SNT him for another 19 yo? sign him to a 70 million dollar contract?

Sound like a familiar scenario?

This whole thing with Smoove is freaking ridiculous... Any other team in the league in our position would have signed him by now.

I can't wait until the ASG run out of money and have to sell the team... I seriously CAN'T wait for that to happen. I hate them.

You obviously don't get it? I don't post my trades for the likes of you?!!!? If I were doing things for "your" likes, I'd probably be trying to build you a shed or slaving on something else. Do I look like your MFing Slave? IF You think I do FU.

<_<

You obviously don't get it ?

You proposed the trade in Trade Central, and almost everyone who replied did not like the idea of trading Marvin for Webster/Frye. You've done it before, and nobody liked it then. I could give a damn who you post your posts for, but dont get mad at me for repeating what is the general consensus of the board.

• Premium Member
So let's say we do that trade ok... Amir Johnson in his second year of the contract becomes a good 15/10 guy who gives you 2-3 blocks a game... Then HE asks for a max contract... What the hell will the ASG do... SNT him for another 19 yo? sign him to a 70 million dollar contract?

Sound like a familiar scenario?

This whole thing with Smoove is freaking ridiculous... Any other team in the league in our position would have signed him by now.

I can't wait until the ASG run out of money and have to sell the team... I seriously CAN'T wait for that to happen. I hate them.

You do realize, that while in the process of losing money, they will gut this team til we are just like the Clipps. We will have to pay old veterans their price just to keep up with the league minimum. I don't want to see us with Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Marvin, Maurice Evans, and Some first round rookie in 3 years.

I didn't say it was a good trade. I said you were wrong for saying he's not better than Soloman.

Huh ?

I didn't address you, unless you have a second account by the nickname 'tmac13'. Also! I never said Solomon was better than Amir. Amir is better, but not by much at all. When I said "Amir has done nothing more than Solomon", I mean he's a bench rider who plays in garbage minutes. He's a raw athlete that can't find his way to the court. Sounds like Solomon, yeah ?

Huh ?

I didn't address you, unless you have a second account by the nickname 'tmac13'. Also! I never said Solomon was better than Amir. Amir is better, but not by much at all. When I said "Amir has done nothing more than Solomon", I mean he's a bench rider who plays in garbage minutes. He's a raw athlete that can't find his way to the court. Sounds like Solomon, yeah ?

Amir is 20 years old and has a put up a PER of 20, 20, and 17.5 in his first three seasons.

Solo is 24 years old and has put up a PER of 12 and 6 in his first two seasons.

So I actually don't think they're all that comparable in terms of what we can expect from them in the future. You also have to remember that Amir grew since being drafted and is apparently closer to 6'11 than 6'9 according to John Hollinger.

Edited by vdunkndunk

Amir is 20 years old and has a put up a PER of 20, 20, and 17.5 in his first three seasons.

Solo is 24 years old and has put up a PER of 12 and 6 in his first two seasons.

So no...they don't sound comparable at all.

Uh..?

They've both been in the league for about 3 or 4 years now. They both are bench riders. They both are tall and lanky. They both only play in garbage minutes. They haven't accomplished anything noteworthy in their careers. I could find any scrub, pull up their PER, and make them look better than another scrub with worse PER. That doesn't mean said scrub isn't comparable.

Uh..?

They've both been in the league for about 3 or 4 years now. They both are bench riders. They both are tall and lanky. They both only play in garbage minutes. They haven't accomplished anything noteworthy in their careers. I could find any scrub, pull up their PER, and make them look better than another scrub with worse PER. That doesn't mean said scrub isn't comparable.

If you can see no difference between a 6'11 20 year-old with an average PER of 19 in his first three seasons and a 6'9 24 year-old with an average PER of 8 in his first two seasons, then I guess that's your choice.

Huh ?

And I didn't address you but you responded to me. Its a message board, thats what people do, they respond. Lighten up. As far as the debate goes, we will have to agree to disagree. I won't change your mind and you won't change mine.

If you can see no difference between a 6'11 20 year-old with an average PER of 19 in his first three seasons and a 6'9 24 year-old with an average PER of 8 in his first two seasons, then I guess that's your choice.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said they weren't different, and I've already acknowledged the fact that Amir Johnson is better than Solomon.

The point I was trying to make is...

How can you say a 6'11" 220 player who averages 4/4 for his whole career is not comparable to a 6'10" 230 player who averages 2/2 ?

They BOTH haven't done ANYTHING.

Definition of comparable:

1 : capable of or suitable for comparison

Definition of comparison:

1: the act or process of comparing: as a: the representing of one thing or person as similar to or like another b: an examination of two or more items to establish similarities and dissimilarities

With that being said, how are they not comparable ?

Edited by EazyRoc

And I didn't address you but you responded to me. Its a message board, thats what people do, they respond. Lighten up. As far as the debate goes, we will have to agree to disagree. I won't change your mind and you won't change mine.

Did you read why 'thefloydian' typed ? I don't think you did. I don't mind debating with anyone, it's just he thought I was addressing him with that post, when I was actually addressing you. I clarified that I wasn't addressing him with that particular response. That's all.