• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Renewing Woody Had A Deeper Meaning That Some If You Realize

Wurider05

OK hear me out. The Woody vs. BK thing was basically talent vs. coaching. Woody believed that we didn't have enought talent to win while BK believed that we had enough talent but the the coaching was the problem. Basically the ASG believed Woody's side after the Boston series. DO you guys actually think that they are going to pay Smoove over 10 million a season when they probably believe he can be replaced. For all the potential in the world don't lose the fact that we only won 37 games last season and we barely made the playoffs. So in all intent and purposes look for a SNT. I don't think that they don't value Josh I just don't think that they believe he isn't worth the money he wants. Personally I don't either. I think that JJ is the only irreplaceable player on this team at this point followed by Horf.

Edited by Wurider05

I disagree Smoove is 22 years old with no college. His potential is really unlimited; there's only a handful of players who fills out the stat sheet like Smoove. He's going to be an All Star. This guy had 5 or 6 blocks shots in one quater against Philadelphia. He played great at home during the playoffs, against one of the best defenders in the league. What more do you want this guy to do? Again he's 22 years old, every year his game has improved. Once his maturity kicks in, it's a wrap.

I disagree Smoove is 22 years old with no college. His potential is really unlimited; there's only a handful of players who fills out the stat sheet like Smoove. He's going to be an All Star. This guy had 5 or 6 blocks shots in one quater against Philadelphia. He played great at home during the playoffs, against one of the best defenders in the league. What more do you want this guy to do? Again he's 22 years old, every year his game has improved. Once his maturity kicks in, it's a wrap.

So it is a lock that his maturity will kick in?

So it is a lock that his maturity will kick in?

I really don't think he's immature. He's 22 years old with new money, and a lot of responsibilty. I'm sure you made some stupid mistakes at that age; I know I did. I'm 40 and I'm still not immune to making mistakes. We live and we learn.

Bottom line there's only a few players in the league doing what Smith does on the court. Even your boy LBJ made that statement in Feb or March.

• Premium Member

Signing Josh Smith is a gamble... At this point in time it is the best gamble our team can make... I can't wrap my head around why the heck this hasn't happened yet, and why some of you would rather let Smith walk despite the fact that there is no one out there, either through trades or free agency (not now and not next year) who even approximates his potential... The only way we get someone with Smith's potential any time soon is in the lottery... I guess if we let him walk or trade him for Tayshaun Prince, that is most likely where we will end up... Still, I'd rather just sign Smith than take a chance on another rookie

I really don't think he's immature. He's 22 years old with new money, and a lot of responsibilty. I'm sure you made some stupid mistakes at that age; I know I did. I'm 40 and I'm still not immune to making mistakes. We live and we learn.

Bottom line there's only a few players in the league doing what Smith does on the court. Even your boy LBJ made that statement in Feb or March.

I'm not worried about his maturity and decision making off the court. When I wonder about Smith's maturity, it's more along the lines of "Will he ever stop shooting 3 pointers?"

I'm not worried about his maturity and decision making off the court. When I wonder about Smith's maturity, it's more along the lines of "Will he ever stop shooting 3 pointers?"

Woody's offense is already a joke but how would u think it would have be with Smith,Childress,Horford standing near the basket. Marvin doesn't go outside the 3 pt. line either. So Joe and Bibby were the only perimeter guys and just Joe by hisself before Bibby. Repacing Childress with Evans should help that. It's obvious Woody's offense puts him out there because it's not like he's leaving a big open space under the basket. and Woody himself never has anything to say about it.

Edited by Cwell

It seems some people make Smoove out to be a person who is out of control on and off the floor.

I would honestly take BK over the ASG and Woody right now. The Joshes played for Woody 4 years and have made a judgement on him. That judgement was not a positive one obviously.

Woody's offense is already a joke but how would u think it would have be with Smith,Childress,Horford standing near the basket. Marvin doesn't go outside the 3 pt. line either. So Joe and Bibby were the only perimeter guys and just Joe by hisself before Bibby. Repacing Childress with Evans should help that. It's obvious Woody's offense puts him out there because it's not like he's leaving a big open space under the basket. and Woody himself never has anything to say about it.

I'm pretty sure Smith just likes shooting long jumpers. I'm not going to blame Woody for that, even if he has a terrible offense.

I'm pretty sure Smith just likes shooting long jumpers. I'm not going to blame Woody for that, even if he has a terrible offense.

I don't "blame" Woody for it but you actually didn't adress CWell's point which was a solid one that I've never actually heard a real response to.

We had Childress on the court for 30 minutes a game and he was almost always underneath the basket. The guy shoots jumpers at the rate of most low post centers, that is a statistical fact too, not hyperbole. When he is down there and Horford/Zaza are down there, there isn't really much room for anyone else to set up. Smith can create from the perimeter by driving so he flanks Joe to the left on Joe's isos. The thing is, a PF usually isn't a good enough ball handler to consistently drive all the way from the perimeter so if Josh's man lays off of him, there is a chance he will fire one.

Whether or not Smith "likes" to take jumpers should be immaterial, most teams don't structure their half-court offenses to consistently take advantage of a wing player's post game when the cost is having a non-perimeter player on the perimeter.

When I said I don't blame Woody, its because Woody has to decide the best way to use the players he's been given and Childress has shown that his value is diminished quite a bit as he gets further from the hoop. If we had a shooter in that spot, I doubt Smith would be in that position nearly as often which is the way it should be regardless of what he would do if he were in the position.