• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I Asked Bruce If He Realized That...

ATL_BALLER

if Smoove leaves, he'll take the majority of the remaining fanbase with him. That the few extra dollars spent would buy so much more than his talent - it would mean credibility, and show us all a commitment to winning.

His basic response was: "How much would you pay Smoove?"

Not encouraging...

• Premium Member

What e-mail are you using? You can PM it to me if you don't want it public. But, he should know that the cost of losing him is MUCH greater than the cost of overpaying, period. Our reputation would take a DRASTIC hit, we would lose all momentum gained this past season, JJ is ready to leave and will not resign, and FAs will again use us as bait to up their value but won't sign here. It's basically a time warp back to 2003.

BTW 12-13 million a year is NOT overpaying in comparison to similar players in the league.

Edited by AtLaS

What e-mail are you using? You can PM it to me if you don't want it public. But, he should know that the cost of losing him is MUCH greater than the cost of overpaying, period. Our reputation would take a DRASTIC hit, we would lose all momentum gained this past season, JJ is ready to leave and will not resign, and FAs will again use us as bait to up their value but won't sign here. It's basically a time warp back to 2003.

BTW 12-13 million a year is NOT overpaying in comparison to similar players in the league.

Exactly ,I mean I'm sure Smoove would take 10 or 10.5 million, But They haven't offered him that much yet either.. ASG sucks...

• Premium Member
if Smoove leaves, he'll take the majority of the remaining fanbase with him. That the few extra dollars spent would buy so much more than his talent - it would mean credibility, and show us all a commitment to winning.

His basic response was: "How much would you pay Smoove?"

Not encouraging...

And.... you answered.... ???

Perhaps you should refer him to the flash poll here on HS, though my inclination is that he checks in with us and lurks every once in awhile (?).

And.... you answered.... ???

Perhaps you should refer him to the flash poll here on HS, though my inclination is that he checks in with us and lurks every once in awhile (?).

I think i know what he would be thinking if he saw the poll. i believe he would think " it is easy for you guys to spend someone else's money".

While that may be true he also has to look at the franchise's value. If they let Smith go and the Hawks continue to lose the value of the franchise will probably go down by a much greater amount than the difference between what the owners want to pay and what Smith wants.

• Premium Member

I can't believe Bruce would actually ask you "how much would you pay Smith"?? Basically making it sound like they have no clue what they're doing. I hope your response was "whatever it takes, we have to get it done".

If the Hawks get some value back in return for Smoove. I have no problems with trading him. I am hoping this team has a plan to balance out the roster and make it deeper. If that involves trading Smoove to make it happen then so be it. They better make sure what changes they do make benefits this team being in the playoffs.

Edited by HawksJJHorford

• Premium Member
I'm a huge Smith fan (hence the username) and I'd be livid if they let him go, but he would not take the majority of the fanbase with him.

It's not Smith himself that would take the fanbase. It would be the ASG showing that they don't care about winning and aren't interested in paying for a good team that would further kill the fan base. They are obviously not intent on gaining fans after the great playoff run we just had. THAT'S what would kill the fanbase.

It's not Smith himself that would take the fanbase. It would be the ASG showing that they don't care about winning and aren't interested in paying for a good team that would further kill the fan base. They are obviously not intent on gaining fans after the great playoff run we just had. THAT'S what would kill the fanbase.

Sund claimed they intended to resign both Joshs so if they both are gone Sund and the ASG won't have much credibility going forward.

Edited by exodus

• Premium Member
The ASG is a bunch of liars and they need to be called out on it.

So far, that's all they've shown us, liars who say things to make us feel better. The casual fan buys it, real fans like us don't.

So far, that's all they've shown us, liars who say things to make us feel better. The casual fan buys it, real fans like us don't.

I think its the casual fan they know they can fool. People like us are basketball fans no matter what but in Atlanta there just aren't that many of us. To the casual fan Joe Jhnson is the face of the team. Horford has a nice outgoing personality and plays hard. Bibby is a big name they recognize. To many of the casual fans I have talked to the Mike Vick hangover clouds their perception of Smoove. They consider him talented but somewhat combustable. They see 12 million as too much to pay an inconsistant guy who has had a few attitude problems. If the ASG fails to bring him back or get good value for him its the casual fan that will be the most forgiving.

Smoove has an attitude problem???? :huh:

Where has you been? Woody has had more than one incident with Smoove. Woody has sat Smoove because of them. I am not saying its all true but there is a perception of that with alot of the "casual fans".

Oh Puhleeze, It's funny how people seem to forget that Smoove isn't the only plater who has problems with woody. Smoove doesn't have any attitude problems. Funny people who don't even know him say that all the time... And honestly I'm positive Smoove doesn't let any of that bother him. :)

Edited by jsmoovefan

Oh Puhleeze, It's funny how people seem to forget that Smoove isn't the only plater who has problems with woody. Smoove doesn't have any attitude problems. Funny people who don't even know him say that all the time... And honestly I'm positive Smoove doesn't let any of that bother him. :)

I am sure he is a great guy, but when guys get suspended for games because they yell at their coach that sends up a red flag to people who don't follow as closely as we do. When guys continue to play outside of their talent and hoist up long jumpers they usually can't hit it sends up a red flag. Sorry but that is a fact, and I am saying this being a huge Smoove proponent.

I don't take him asking "how much would you pay" in the same manner. I have the same thoughts about them, but I think you guys are over reacitng to his response.

The furterh we go, I think I am leaning toward trading him as long as we can get 'fair value.'

I don't take him asking "how much would you pay" in the same manner. I have the same thoughts about them, but I think you guys are over reacitng to his response.

The furterh we go, I think I am leaning toward trading him as long as we can get 'fair value.'

Do you consider Lamar Odom or Tayshaun Prince fair value? because I don't. The only way I would even consider trading Smoove is if we were getting Andrew Bynum or another good young center but I don't see that happening.