• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why Not Just Sign Smith And Trade Him Later?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

I don't understand why the ASG are making this so complicated.

There are obviously teams interested in Smith, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. A S&T is only going to save you a few million anyway.

• Premium Member

There are obviously teams interested in Smith, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. A S&T is only going to save you a few million anyway.

They will! We just need to be patient.

This has always been the best option. Smoove is only 22. The only way he loses value in the next 2 or 3 years is if he has a horrible injury. Otherwise we can trade him when there is no byc restriction.

The reason this is so complicated is because we're dealing with the ASG not a normal ownership group.

Yah its not like we lose anything big by overpaying for him...heck everyone overpays. Even a year or 2 down the road, we can still trade him if we overpay..we might get a couple mill in value less back however..but its not like hes gonna be untradeable. Thing is with bibby and zaza expiring, there will be enough room to resign marvin and SNT childress next year ...correct me if im wrong..? Thats why im indifferent to keeping him or trading him personally...i like smoove..but if he wants out and we can get a veteran starter or 2 im all for it..if we keep him at even 13m per, i wouldnt mind either.