• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Biedrins Signs For 6 Yr 63 Mil

The Golden State Warriors have moved quickly to prevent Latvian center Andris Biedrins from seriously entertaining interest from deep-pocketed teams in Europe by reaching terms on a lucrative new contract with the restricted free agent.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that Biedrins was en route to Oakland on Sunday night after agreeing to a new six-year contract with the Warriors worth nearly $63 million. The contract, sources said, will likely be signed Monday and include a player option for Biedrins to return to the free-agent market in the summer of 2013 after completing five seasons.

Biedrins is among a growing crop of NBA veterans -- not all European, as evidence by Josh Childress' decision to leave the Atlanta Hawks for a team in Greece -- to attract big-money offers from clubs overseas.

The Warriors, though, made it clear entering one of the most frenetic offseasons in the club's history that re-signing its young restricted free agents -- Biedrins and guard Monta Ellis -- was management's top priority. Retaining Ellis and Biedrins, sources say, was Golden State's first consideration in every move it has and hasn't made since late June, when the Warriors elected not to use a $9.9 trade exception created by the deal that sent Jason Richardson to the Charlotte Bobcats on draft day in 2007.

Ellis was signed to a six-year deal worth $67 million on Thursday as part of Golden State's flurry of moves since July, when point guard Baron Davis committed to signing with his hometown Los Angeles Clippers.

The Warriors' flurry of transactions also includes signing forward Corey Maggette away from the Clippers on a five-year deal worth $50 million, matching the Clippers' three-year offer sheet worth in excess of $9 million to swingman Kelenna Azubuike, signing restricted free agent Ronny Turiaf away from the Los Angeles Lakers to a four-year deal worth $17 million and acquiring New Jersey Nets point guard Marcus Williams via trade.

Biedrins has made steady progress since the Warriors selected him as a teenager with the 11th overall pick in the 2004 draft. He averaged 10.5 points and 9.8 rebounds last season in just 27.23 minutes per game, leading the league in field-goal percentage (.626) and improving his biggest weakness -- free-throw shooting -- from 52.1 percent in 2006-07 to 62 percent last season.

I think 6 years 63 mill is a fair offer for Smoove. The problem is Smoove may not accept it. We just dont knaow how much Smith is asking for. He may be holding out for the absolute max offer which he is NOT WORTH. As for Biedrins, well I think what happened with Chills jacked up his price a little too high.

I think 6 years 63 mill is a fair offer for Smoove. The problem is Smoove may not accept it. We just dont knaow how much Smith is asking for. He may be holding out for the absolute max offer which he is NOT WORTH. As for Biedrins, well I think what happened with Chills jacked up his price a little too high.

we can atleast offer it. as far as now all they've offered was less than 10 mill a year. That BS.

guy on realgm said it.He was at Phillips today and his source told him. I usually don't believe stuff like that but that certain guy is usually right.

Yea I seen it 2 I came on here to see if it was official.

guy on realgm said it.He was at Phillips today and his source told him. I usually don't believe stuff like that but that certain guy is usually right.

I can't find it on the board. I will only believe something once I see that it is official. The only thing I ever read about the signing of Morris was in Sekou's blog where he says that his "spies" have confirmed that Morris will have a spot on the roster by season's start, I usually believe Sekou, but it's getting a little crazy in Atlanta, so we'll have to see what happens.

I can't find it on the board. I will only believe something once I see that it is official. The only thing I ever read about the signing of Morris was in Sekou's blog where he says that his "spies" have confirmed that Morris will have a spot on the roster by season's start, I usually believe Sekou, but it's getting a little crazy in Atlanta, so we'll have to see what happens.

It is the first post on the Atlanta section on real gm.

What is the starting salary on a 6 year 63 million dollar deal? It can't be too much more than the 9.5 we are offering Smoove as his starting salary, right? Of course Smoove probably thinks he is worth more than a true center that put up similar numbers and is just as young as he is, so he probably won't be happy with that same type of contract.