• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Crazy Josh Smith Rumor With G.s And Minn

NJHAWK

A guy named Will Graves who used to play ball in N.C and who has some connections posted on a website called Twolves Central the following info. He says that there are talks of a 3 way deal where Smoove ends up a Warrior, McCANTS, Bellini and Al Harrington end up Hawks and Brandon Wright ends up a Wolve. Several 1st round picks would be involved as well. According to Wolve fans on other boards this guy usually has reliable info before things go down involving thE Wolves and especially involving players he knows from Carolina like Brandon Wright. Obviously this deal makes no sense for the Hawks but I wonder if this guy has the info backwards and Wright winds up a Hawk while Harrington goes to the Wolves. This trade doesnt make much sense but we are talking about ASG here. Man if only we could land Al Jefferson but thats just a dream.

• Premium Member
He says that there are talks of a 3 way deal where Smoove ends up a Warrior, McCANTS, Bellini and Al Harrington end up Hawks and Brandon Wright ends up a Wolve. Several 1st round picks would be involved as well. According to Wolve fans on other boards this guy usually has reliable info before things go down involving thE Wolves and especially involving players

This dumb trade proposal doesn't even deserve comments!

A guy named Will Graves who used to play ball in N.C and who has some connections posted on a website called Twolves Central the following info. He says that there are talks of a 3 way deal where Smoove ends up a Warrior, McCANTS, Bellini and Al Harrington end up Hawks and Brandon Wright ends up a Wolve. Several 1st round picks would be involved as well. According to Wolve fans on other boards this guy usually has reliable info before things go down involving thE Wolves and especially involving players he knows from Carolina like Brandon Wright. Obviously this deal makes no sense for the Hawks but I wonder if this guy has the info backwards and Wright winds up a Hawk while Harrington goes to the Wolves. This trade doesnt make much sense but we are talking about ASG here. Man if only we could land Al Jefferson but thats just a dream.

For one, why would we involve Minnesota? Let them keep McCants and we'll take Wright. I also want nothing to do with Al Harrington. Minnesota can have him or a 4th team for an expiring player.

Terrible deal

Call me crazy but that really isn't a bad trade for us. AL Harrington can play PF or Center (he played center on GS). We can create a solid bench in the process. I wouldn't mind that trade one bit. Speedy would have to be included.

Edited by Wurider05

Call me crazy but that really isn't a bad trade for us. AL Harrington can play PF or Center (he played center on GS). We can create a solid bench in the process. I wouldn't mind that trade one bit. Speedy would have to be included.

Exactly.

If we could trade Marvin for Pryzbilla, this trade would do wonders.

Bellini is a great shooter (at least thats what the scouts say), McCants is a GREAT scoring option off the bench, and Al is strong enough to play 3 positions, plus he can shoot.

So make this trade, then try trade Marvin for Pryzbilla or a Nesterovic, and this team is very well rounded.

After reading some of your post it seems you are set on moving Smoove. Why do I say this, you are trying to justify one horrible deal to replace him. Al Harrington is horrible defensively and is a tweener like Smoove. So if Smoove is a tweener with more talent and potential than Harrington why would you want to do this deal?

Bellilini plays no defense and is only a summer league star(Dion Glover).

McCants isn't anything special and with Mo Evans is a duplicate on the roster.

I can't believe you would even entertain this lopsided trade.

Exactly.

If we could trade Marvin for Pryzbilla, this trade would do wonders.

Bellini is a great shooter (at least thats what the scouts say), McCants is a GREAT scoring option off the bench, and Al is strong enough to play 3 positions, plus he can shoot.

So make this trade, then try trade Marvin for Pryzbilla or a Nesterovic, and this team is very well rounded.

We need to keep Marvin. Maybe Morris can give us decent numbers.

It is a very bad trade. We deserve to get Brandan Wright. I have no trouble with bringing Harrington back if it means landing Wright and Marco. Those two are very solid players to add to this team along with Harrington. It would make the Hawks deeper and more talented. The original deal is complete garbage. We don't need McCants and Marco. Wright and Marco along with Harrington I think we can all be fine with.

I would look to then deal Marvin for a good C. I am thinking of someone like Pryz. Perhaps we could get more for Marvin such as a 1st added in by the Blazers. Straight up or extra 1st. Either one is a fair deal in my book. A very good rebounding,shot blocking, and good defender at the C position.

C-Pryz/Zaza/Morris

PF-Horford/Wright

SF-Harrington/Evans

SG-Johnson/Bellini

PG-Bibby/Law/Claxton

• Moderators
If we do this trade I will smack everyone @ the Hawks office .

I agree 100%

That is the type of trade you put on your list of "worst trade in franchise history?" lists.

After reading some of your post it seems you are set on moving Smoove. Why do I say this, you are trying to justify one horrible deal to replace him. Al Harrington is horrible defensively and is a tweener like Smoove. So if Smoove is a tweener with more talent and potential than Harrington why would you want to do this deal?

Bellilini plays no defense and is only a summer league star(Dion Glover).

McCants isn't anything special and with Mo Evans is a duplicate on the roster.

I can't believe you would even entertain this lopsided trade.

Sorry, I guess an altering opinion from the norm made you wet your panties--I'll send some tissues your way. :Silly:

Al Harrington is less of a tweener than Smoove. Bellilini is a shooter we need. McCants averaged 15 ppg in 25 mpg--"isn't anything special" though?

This deal is better than a lot of trash that's been tossed out there. Definitely better than losing Smoove for nothing.

Now go back to anger management and stop being a prick here.

Thanks

• Premium Member
Al Harrington is less of a tweener than Smoove.

LOL. Anthony Johnson is also less of a tweener than Smoove. Talent >> position.

Bellilini is a shooter we need.

Who has done nothing in the NBA.

"McCants averaged 15 ppg in 25 mpg--"isn't anything special" though?"

Not bad, but not worth Smith or even close to it for that matter. Lets not forget that he flat out sucks at defense and is undersized.

This deal is better than a lot of trash that's been tossed out there. Definitely better than losing Smoove for nothing.

This is why we should just resign Smith. Doesn't this show incompetence on the part of ownership when you have to make statements like this? All they have to do is resign him, we get the most value, and we keep the best player.

Good news for those who didnt like this trade, myself included. The guy posted tonight saying GS was thinking about it because of the threat of Biedrins going over seas. Now that they signed Biedrins he thinks the talks will cease. Brandon Wrights and his agent however want him out of G.S. and he could be dealt in the next few days with Minny being a good possibilty. If we were going to do a 3 way with Minn and GS and take Al Harrington he better come with Corey Brewer and Brandon Wright plus a draft choice or two.

Edited by NJHAWK

Quality >>> Quantity

That is so true in the nba. Thats why these sign and trades rarely work. Unless we somehow get the best player in the deal we will regret this trade for years if Smoove reaches his full potential.