• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kwame Agrees To Deal With Pistons

Admin

I do think something might be in the works now. There is just little chance of Smoove returning to the Hawks now. It is a reality many need to face here. Only way he returns is if he take the QO and bolts next year or ASG overpays for him by paying him close to the max.

11-12 mill/yr is not overpaying for the talent in Josh Smith... and that's not even close to the max.

Guys in Detroit heard on sports radio that a trade is coming down in the next three days? Lots of speculation that Signing Kwame opens the door for this???

I would not doubt that the SnT of Smith is now only a few days away. The delays in Evans & Morris seem to signal that a resolution is nearing. What a piece of crap set of owners we have. Serious Prince and Johnson are backfill players, not top of the line guys that can replace what Smith has the ability to become. Smith could be MVP of Detroit this season. Prince is a nice piece, but he's just a complementary piece, not a central cog.

I guess that Gearon/Sund want to move Horford to PF and moving Smith is the way to do that.

So here's your 2008-2009 Atlanta Hawks

Bibby/Acie

JJ/Prince/Evans??

Marvin/Prince/Luke Jackson

Horford/Marvin??/Solo

Amir Johnson/Zaza/Morris?

I don't see Prince as a starter on this team. He'll take the role of Childress- the Woody super sub. In this case, I wouldn't be surprised to see Prince playing point as the team struggles early in the season.

We are seriously thin at PF. Z and Morris are not PFs by any means or imagination. Neither of them have the footwork or lateral speed to cover the likes of:

Garnnett

Brand

Jamison

Turkgalou

Haslem

Josh Smith

Zebo

Ugh.

That team will be lucky to win 33 games

• Admin
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3508699

2 year, 8 mill.

Great move for Detroit...Could some of their players be on the block now...? Maybe one of their bigs?

I am not happy about losing out on Kwame....especially at a price we can afford. Morris is not a quality nba player so he will just be a bench guy. Brown would have given us a legitimate defensive big man.

Although I don't like the trade, I think Detroit should throw in DJ White, if we put up Smith and Claxton. However, I think the adding of Kwame Brown could mean they are ready to part ways with Amir or a veteran big like McDyess.

I'm pretty sure they can't trade white for a few months?

If we trade Smoove for Prince/Johnson....there are no words for my feelings. You can't just draft and groom one of the best young guys in the league, fan favorite, team face, etc. and trade him for a bag of chips and a good fourth starter. We win 22 games with that lineup. Who is the 2nd offensive option??? Bibby? I don't think so. Joe gets tripled and throws to Bibby who puts up a brick...story of 08-09?

If we trade Smoove for Prince/Johnson....there are no words for my feelings. You can't just draft and groom one of the best young guys in the league, fan favorite, team face, etc. and trade him for a bag of chips and a good fourth starter. We win 22 games with that lineup. Who is the 2nd offensive option??? Bibby? I don't think so. Joe gets tripled and throws to Bibby who puts up a brick...story of 08-09?

Prince is at least equal to Smoove offensively and is a better man on man defender. Prince was the 4th option on a great team and Smoove was the 2nd option by default on a below .500 team. Its not like Smoove is putting up 30 a game. For every great offensive game he has there is one equally bad. We may even bet better with a more consistant guy.

• Admin
Prince is at least equal to Smoove offensively and is a better man on man defender. Prince was the 4th option on a great team and Smoove was the 2nd option by default on a below .500 team. Its not like Smoove is putting up 30 a game. For every great offensive game he has there is one equally bad. We may even bet better with a more consistant guy.

The problem is that Prince is a SF. We already have a SF. If we lose Smith it has to be for a PF or C.

The problem is that Prince is a SF. We already have a SF. If we lose Smith it has to be for a PF or C.

That's assuming that the plan is to keep Marvin past this year. Sund may look to move Marvin after acquiring Tayshaun or he may decide to simply use him in a SnT next season. The key to this deal is whether or not they believe Amir Johnson is ready to start or not. If we can start him at the 4 or 5 next to Horford then we can make a decision later on about what to do with either Tayshaun or Marvin, both of whom should have plenty of trade value.

That's assuming that the plan is to keep Marvin past this year. Sund may look to move Marvin after acquiring Tayshaun or he may decide to simply use him in a SnT next season. The key to this deal is whether or not they believe Amir Johnson is ready to start or not. If we can start him at the 4 or 5 next to Horford then we can make a decision later on about what to do with either Tayshaun or Marvin, both of whom should have plenty of trade value.

Marvin and Tayshaun can also spend some time at the 4 without hurting the team. When Detroit went small they usually had Sheed at the 5 and Tayshaun at the 4.