• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hey Northcyde...

Diesel

I can tell that even going forward that I will not like Rick Sund. It seems to take forever for this guy to do anything other than sit on his butt. Now they got to sign a scrub like Randolph Morris to fill out the roster. Don't tell me this guy is supposed to play a legit part on this team.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell that even going forward that I will not like Rick Sund. It seems to take forever for this guy to do anything other than sit on his butt. Now they got to sign a scrub like Randolph Morris to fill out the roster. Don't tell me this guy is supposed to play a legit part on this team.

Morris is filling Shelden's old role: eye candy.

We could have hired Jesus Christ to be our GM and you wouldn't like him.

*imitating Hotlanta if Jesus was hired*

I can't believe the ASG hired some noob with no basketball experience at all to be our GM. I shouldn't be surprised though since the Hawks are the armpit of the NBA.

How much are they paying this guy again? Hopefully enough to get a haircut.

How do you figure your opinion is objective?

I don't have a vested interest in the Hawks organization. If Smoove stays or goes I don't care. It makes no difference to what I care about. Therefore, I can view this issue objectively.

I can't believe the ASG hired some noob with no basketball experience at all to be our GM. I shouldn't be surprised though since the Hawks are the armpit of the NBA.

spot on.

Smoove has been a free agent now for 29 days.

Okafor, Biedrins, and Ellis are all signed.

What's taking the Hawks so long in signing Smoove when he's supposed to be our first priority?

Now that the market has been set for Smith, the ASG needs to go ahead and decide what they want to do with the guy. If they feel that he's not worth the 11 - 12 mill per year that Okafor and Biendrins got, then they need to go ahead and move him.

This needs to be done by the end of the week . . . whichever way it goes.

• Premium Member

Yep and add to that he sat at the END of the Knicks bench. So he is going to play a major role here after sitting on the END of the Knick bench???

Hehehehehehehehehehe.........................this has gotten so ridiculous that I can't believe any of us are still fans!

It's funny how most of the board has done a complete 180 degree turn on Sund. That's why I always stated that "change just for the sake of change, isn't always a good thing"

At any rate, Horford and Marvin need to get ready to take on a greater role in the offense next year, if we lose Smith.

Interesting to see Sekou's report about the Hawks only receiving one S&T offer for Smith. I have no idea what is up with that. Unless the rest of the league really doesn't value him the way the Sixers and Hawks seem to have valued him.

Do me a favor... Next time you drive at night, forget to turn your headlights on.

• Premium Member
If they feel that he's not worth the 11 - 12 mill per year that Okafor and Biendrins got, then they need to go ahead and move him.

That will be their EXCUSE if they S&T him, but it's a cheapness ploy without question.

• Premium Member
For one thing, Okafor is probably the player that will truly set the market for Smoove as they should be considered near equals and Okafor JUST SIGNED TODAY.

For another, I'd say it's pretty likely that by now they have decided that they aren't willing to pay Smoove and are seriously exploring SnTs in the event that Smoove doesn't back down on the amount he wants.

Okafor was in a much more difficult situation than JSmoove.

Okafor has been hurt off and on. Okafor is not an offensive player. Okafor is a big and a good defender, but he doesn't help the team win. Whereas Josh Smith had hernia surgery... was supposed to miss 2 weeks and he was back in 2 days... Aside from that, he's been 100% dependable. Sure he has his shortcomings (that he's working through) but he's so very young and still improving. If they can get Okafor signed in 29 days, what's holding up the Smith Signing?

• Premium Member

If Jesus were our GM, he would have had Smoove and Chillz signed in 3 days. Not 29!

• Premium Member
I don't have a vested interest in the Hawks organization. If Smoove stays or goes I don't care. It makes no difference to what I care about. Therefore, I can view this issue objectively.

What you just described is the opposite of a fan.

One thing about a fan is that a fan cannot be indifferent.

Is that how we are to take your commentary?

Okafor was in a much more difficult situation than JSmoove.

Okafor has been hurt off and on. Okafor is not an offensive player. Okafor is a big and a good defender, but he doesn't help the team win. Whereas Josh Smith had hernia surgery... was supposed to miss 2 weeks and he was back in 2 days... Aside from that, he's been 100% dependable. Sure he has his shortcomings (that he's working through) but he's so very young and still improving. If they can get Okafor signed in 29 days, what's holding up the Smith Signing?

What's interesting is that you have complained about how many days it has taken to sign Smoove and yet it wasn't until today that Okafor got re-signed and you applaud the Bobcats for seemingly getting it done on time.

You also need to consider that they might not want Smith back. Not only the front office, but some of his teammates might not want him back. I'm sure they like him personally and love his highlight reel plays, but when you have your rookie (Al) telling you to get your head in the game and your captain (JJ) complaining about you doing your own thing in the media it's not impossible to believe that they might want to get someone more team friendly than Josh Smith at 12 million per. I'd say that at 9-10 they would welcome him back, but at 12 million that definitely has to make them think long and hard about it.

• Premium Member
That will be their EXCUSE if they S&T him, but it's a cheapness ploy without question.

Yeah.. the difference in starting money between a contract that averages 13 and one that average 9.5 is not that much.

9.5 Average over 6 years = starts at 7.53 Million.

10.0 Average over 6 years = starts at 7.95 Million

11.0 Average over 6 years = starts at 8.75 Million.

12.0 Average over 6 years = starts at 9.51 Million.

13.0 Average over 6 years = starts at 10.3 Million.

Now the difference this yr for Smoove getting a 13 average and a 9.5 average is 2.77 Million.

That's not much.

However, it's stated that Smoove wants either 11.0 or 12.0

11 average = 1.22 Million

12 average = 1.98 Million.

So what it really boils down to is that ASG is cheap over > 2 Million dollars this year?

You see once Smoove is signed, he is our most tradable asset. He will get us full value back in a trade over the subsequent years because of his skillset.

The difference between us signing smoove and everybody being happy and Smoove being pissed at our organization is less than 2 million freaking dollars.

You know what that makes me say?

Sund should not be GM...

and Maybe ASG needs to relinquish ownership.

Because if you're too cheap to come off your a** for 2 million dollars on an investment that's damn near infaliable.. then your a** needs to go home. Josh Smith is about as close to a sure thing as we have.

I don't understand it. We spent more on JJ and there were more question marks about JJ.

These Jokers can't see how Josh Smith changes a game? Not just his rebounding and his passion, but also his transition defense which is 10 times better than Tayshun Prince's. In the Boston series, it was Smoove who shut down Rondo and Perkins because their head was on a swivel everytime they had a gimme. Prince doesn't have that effect on people. Prince's offense is grown up, but hey... how about getting Smoove some better coaching? Prince had Larry Brown, FLip Saunders, and Tubby Smith... he's supposed to have a grown offense.

ASG just makes me shake my head.

If it's Sund, send a message and fire his a**. His incompetence with the Chillz situation deserved him being canned immediately.

• Premium Member
What's interesting is that you have complained about how many days it has taken to sign Smoove and yet it wasn't until today that Okafor got re-signed and you applaud the Bobcats for seemingly getting it done on time.

You also need to consider that they might not want Smith back. Not only the front office, but some of his teammates might not want him back. I'm sure they like him personally and love his highlight reel plays, but when you have your rookie (Al) telling you to get your head in the game and your captain (JJ) complaining about you doing your own thing in the media it's not impossible to believe that they might want to get someone more team friendly than Josh Smith at 12 million per. I'd say that at 9-10 they would welcome him back, but at 12 million that definitely has to make them think long and hard about it.

Show me applauding the Bobcats, I missed that part... I missed me saying Good Job Bobcats.

If you didn't understand what I was saying is that I was saying the Bobcats had more reasons to question giving Okafor a big contract, but after 29 days, they sucked it up and did it. Whereas, ASG has very little reasons (physical) to question giving Smoove a big contract. Smoove is the guy who has not taken a sick day... He shows up at work everyday. Sure he has some things he can improve on, but he's not an injury risk like Okafor.

What I'm really saying is that you company guys have been saying "Well Okafor, Biedrins, and Ellis is not signed" everytime people mentioned that Smoove should have been signed by now. Well, now they are. What's the hold up.