• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hey Northcyde...

Diesel

• Premium Member
What's interesting is that you have complained about how many days it has taken to sign Smoove and yet it wasn't until today that Okafor got re-signed and you applaud the Bobcats for seemingly getting it done on time.

You also need to consider that they might not want Smith back. Not only the front office, but some of his teammates might not want him back. I'm sure they like him personally and love his highlight reel plays, but when you have your rookie (Al) telling you to get your head in the game and your captain (JJ) complaining about you doing your own thing in the media it's not impossible to believe that they might want to get someone more team friendly than Josh Smith at 12 million per. I'd say that at 9-10 they would welcome him back, but at 12 million that definitely has to make them think long and hard about it.

You may have a good point there. Wasnn't therre something earlier in the year where JJ wasn't too happy with Smoove and he was hurting the team?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
You may have a good point there. Wasnn't therre something earlier in the year where JJ wasn't too happy with Smoove and he was hurting the team?

What I know is that when JJ was asked about the offseason, he said that it's crucial that we resign the Joshes.

Wasn't it Joe who sulked earlier in the year yet none of his teammates called him out for his poor play?

Wasn't it Joe who sulked earlier in the year yet none of his teammates called him out for his poor play?

His "poor play" was still better than most of the leagues career years. He was getting double and (yes really) triple teamed every game. He wasn't hitting shots, but atleast he wasn't playing outside his skillset.

What you just described is the opposite of a fan.

One thing about a fan is that a fan cannot be indifferent.

Is that how we are to take your commentary?

I suppose you could be right partially. I've grown to enjoy the Hawks, but only recently. I have followed Law's career for quite some time. I have grown up a Spurs fan, so watching the Hawks every game last year was (not to sound like a snob) difficult. I couldn't understand why certain things were done the way they were and I just saw a lack of direction. It seemed like the team was very talented but didn't gain any experience over the course of the season. The same mistakes were made consistently throughout the season. I just could imagine what coach Pop would've done to Smoove for shooting those 3s. Acie was pretty bad as well, but I became enough of a fan of the entire team to be ticked off at the game 7 loss. To me the Hawks are a much better team when they play behind Smoove's heart than Coach Woodson's vanilla gameplan. You might say I'm warming up to the Hawks enough to understand your frustrations, but haven't crossed the threshold of losing my objectivity over them (maybe with Law). Besides, I have to be a fan to lurk through 80 different "Diesel's deal of the day" threads. haha

I thought myself Ex's imitation was right on and classic.

I think we can tell that your amused rather easily.

We got a some of geniuses here that can't seem to figure why I'm always negative about the worst ran franchise in pro sports.

Why would somebody bash a team that is:

-Considered a laughing stock league wide

-Hasn't won a division title since 1994

-Hasn't been out of the second round of the playoffs since.... Can anybody remember what year?

-Loses players to Greece

We honestly could go on all day. I'm going to down on this team until they get their act together.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I think we can tell that your amused rather easily.

We got a some of geniuses here that can't seem to figure why I'm always negative about the worst ran franchise in pro sports.

Why would somebody bash a team that is:

-Considered a laughing stock league wide

-Hasn't won a division title since 1994

-Hasn't been out of the second round of the playoffs since.... Can anybody remember what year?

-Loses players to Greece

We honestly could go on all day. I'm going to down on this team until they get their act together.

Amused easily and a decent sense of humor.

Hey, I bash the ASG. And we could go on all day. But is your b-slapping everything that rubs you the wrong way helping at all?

Maybe it makes you feel better, but some of us like a little positive spin.