• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Newsday Update On Josh Smith

khaos7

I don't know if anyone posted this already. However, per Ken Berger in NY (from Newsday):

Josh Smith update: There have been some reports about sign-and-trade scenarios for Hawks restricted free agent Josh Smith. There's simply no market for him at the moment, according to a person familiar with the situation. Atlanta officials have received exactly one phone call about Smith, and those talks are old news and didn't last very long. (I checked, and the Knicks have not inquired about him, nor would they have any sane reason to given that they are in serious cost-cutting mode.)

The Hawks have a multi-year offer on the table for Smith that is pushing $60 million, according to a source. Smith's camp is hoping to find something better in a sign-and-trade and may very well drag out the impasse all the way through September, as the agents for Luol Deng and Ben Gordon did last season. Good luck!

uh Monta got 6 years 67 mill

You're right. I got his deal and Biedrins deal mixed up. Either way, Anything from 63-70 is fair. I originally said he should get the same as Okafor, but that was really a knee-jerk reaction.

You're right. I got his deal and Biedrins deal mixed up. Either way, Anything from 63-70 is fair. I originally said he should get the same as Okafor, but that was really a knee-jerk reaction.

Okafor got exactly 12 mill.Smoove deserves that more than Okafor does easily.

Okafor got exactly 12 mill.Smoove deserves that more than Okafor does easily.

Yeah but the thing we have to remember or look at is the Bobcats had more money to spend than the Hawks.

Smoove deserves 12 million.If he takes 11 great but he derserves more.

How does he deserve 12 million ?

Because one team overpaid their RFA ?

Anything around 11-11.5 is what Smith deserves with some incentives to push his contract up a couple million.

Somehow I have a VERY hard time believing that. Even if they weren't credible calls (lowball offers), I'm sure there's been more than one.

Exactly.

Here's why:

1) its a New York sports writer

2) its News Day of all things

Don't believe anything about sports rumors coming out News Day or New York papers in general.

I am much more inclined to believe Sekou when he wrote that there are at least two teams in discussions about an SnT for Josh.

When you are talking about money this big what is the diff between 10-12 million? Who are we saving the 2 mill for, Cenk Akoyl? You don't pay someone just for year 1, you pay them for what they will be in year 3 and year 4. What are we going to pay Marvin next year 6 years 20 million? We might as well trade Marvin now if we are being this cheap with Smoove.