• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chilldress On 790...cuts Played Today...a Can't Miss

khaos7

Wow is all I can say. Woolverton and Brandon just played a cut from a interview Mayhem in the AM will play tomorrow from Josh Chilldress. On the cut they played, Childress said, and I paraphrase, the Hawks didn't offer what they claimed they offer and that he was offered more money AND a starting position from two championship teams. He said the Hawks offered him below the mid level exception . After he turned down this deal, they told him to go look for a deal. Brandon and Woolverton went on to say that the interview revealed that Chilldress felt attacked personally, from a charecter standpoint and that the interview is salicious and candid.

My viewpoint? I don't know Sund, Childress, or the ASG personally. However, given the track record of the cheap Spirit group and the perception of Childress's charecter around the league and the media, I'm inclined to side with Childress's take. Keep in mind, this is the same guy the Hawks have given the Jason Collier award to for, I think, two years. He's a good kid and I believe the Spirit got cheap and nasty in negotiations.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow is all I can say. Woolverton and Brandon just played a cut from a interview Mayhem in the AM will play tomorrow from Josh Chilldress. On the cut they played, Childress said, and I paraphrase, the Hawks didn't offer what they claimed they offer and that he was offered more money AND a starting position from two championship teams. He said the Hawks offered him below the mid level exception . After he turned down this deal, they told him to go look for a deal. Brandon and Woolverton went on to say that the interview revealed that Chilldress felt attacked personally, from a charecter standpoint and that the interview is salicious and candid.

My viewpoint? I don't know Sund, Childress, or the ASG personally. However, given the track record of the cheap Spirit group and the perception of Childress's charecter around the league and the media, I'm inclined to side with Childress's take. Keep in mind, this is the same guy the Hawks have given the Jason Collier award to for, I think, two years. He's a good kid and I believe the Spirit got cheap and nasty in negotiations.

I will hold off judgement until I hear the interview, BUT, if what you say is accurate (not saying it isn't), holy cow. How can anyone support Gearon and company?

I will hold off judgement until I hear the interview, BUT, if what you say is accurate (not saying it isn't), holy cow. How can anyone support Gearon and company?

You've got to hear it yourself...It was only about 1-2 minutes of the interview. But, what they played was very telling.

That certainly sheds new light on the situation. It also doesn't bode well for the Smith negotiations.

The ASG could have a PR nightmare on their hands. This thing could get really ugly really fast. I mean like angry mobs with pitchforks and lit torches ugly. At least I hope so, provided there is empirical evidence that proves it to be true.

The ASG could have a PR nightmare on their hands. This thing could get really ugly really fast. I mean like angry mobs with pitchforks and lit torches ugly. At least I hope so, provided there is empirical evidence that proves it to be true.

I am not the biggest Childress fan but he doesn't strike me as the type who would make up lies to make the owners look bad. If he comes out and rips the ASG a new one....

I am not the biggest Childress fan but he doesn't strike me as the type who would make up lies to make the owners look bad. If he comes out and rips the ASG a new one....

Definitely true. This carries a lot more weight than it would coming from a malcontent. A J.R. Rider, or even...a Josh Smith. Bad bad news.

I will be keeping a close eye on this. I have my sources close to the Childress camp (Brotha2nite) working overtime on this as well.

Edited by jhay610

BK got out of here because he knew how these clowns do buisness.

Hell I even stood up for the ASG saying they did a good job of not overpaying Childress but with these new developments I can't give them any more respect. Something has got to be done to get these guys out so we can actually have people who care about winning.

Wow. It's different to offer someone a low contract and not intend to bring him back. However, you don't disrespect and humiliate one of your best locker room guys and an all-around good person in ANY business. This is bad business by the ASG, and I think they're going to make Sund their scapegoat after the court issues are settled in February. I've been one of ASG/Sund's supporters and I also don't feel we necessarily need Childress. However! You just don't do bad business like that, especially when Atlanta's FO already has a bad reputation to begin with. We will NEVER be able to get a quality FA here with an ownership group like this. I am very disappointed and starting to approach a crossroads with my "fanhood". I can't support a business that blatantly disrespect their employees and I can't support a sports team that always finds ways to slap it's fanbase all in the face. This is inexcusable.

I heard some of it too; good grief.

I'll be tuning in as well. If what he said is any indication as to how they're doing business, well....

I'm glad someone other than myself heard the cut. It doesn't sound good on any level and I'm inclined to believe Childress over the ASG. Sund can only write checks the ASG allow him to cut. From what I heard, the ASG lowballed him and treated him miserably. Gearon is a spin doctor and this entire group of "owners" are incapable of running a sports team. I'm not questioning their business acumen outside of bball; they've made millions. However, I do call into question their ability to run a sports franchise. Everybody should tune in tomorrow so we all can develop our own perspectives on this situation. However, given what I heard, I've already made up my mind...

I don't think this is any different than what we already knew. The ASG initially offered Chillz a deal at less than the MLE knowing that they could match any MLE offer from any other NBA team. They also told him that they had to get Smoove's deal done first before they would finalize his deal. They upped their offer after he came back with the Olympiakos offer but he chose to go with Olympiakos (and I don't balme him under the circumstances).

Just because a team was willing to make a trade with the Hawks and pay Chillz more than the MLE doesn't mean anything to me. For instance, I'm sure we would trade Speedy and Zaza to CHI for Gordon (or to PHI for Iggy) and pay him more than CHI (or PHI) is offering but that doesn't mean CHI (or PHI) is wrong for not doing the deal.

Now all that said, I certainly think the ASG took the wrong approach with Chillz and they certainly could have handled the situation differently. They should have offered him a deal starting just above the MLE from the jump because he is CLEARLY worth that much. If they had done that, he MAY have taken it but if the Olympiakos thing came up, he may have still left. I guess we'll never really know. The ASG tried to use their leverage to get him cheap because he was a RFA and it looks like it backfired.