• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Awards

Swish

HS Awards  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK guys here's the deal. I had this idea and ran it by dolfan23. He said go for it. So, I want to run a few polls on the posters here at the squawk. Such as, favorite poster, funniest, most informative, quality, helpful, and of course annoying. So here goes.

OK guys here's the deal. I had this idea and ran it by dolfan23. He said go for it. So, I want to run a few polls on the posters here at the squawk. Such as, favorite poster, funniest, most informative, quality, helpful, and of course annoying. So here goes.

I believe I gave out the top 10 Hawksquawkers awards a few years ago. I'm glad to see that someone has taken up the mantle.

Anyone who doesn't vote for Diesel here is just deluding themselves. He is seriously the fuel (hurrr hurrr) that makes this place run.

Edited by drzachary

Of course, I voted for myself for most favorite poster. I mean..c'mon..who do I like more than myself ?

I think Traceman is a pretty helpful poster.

I chose Diesel for most annoying, and that's only because his vendetta against Marvin.

Best quality member is Diesel. He's helped me with some things before, and he's really helped the topics flow in this forum. Regardless of how much he hates Marvin, I still voted him for my favorite poster. Dolfan's without a doubt the most helpful member on this forum. And due to the lack of substance in most of his posts, I find Swish the most annoying member- no offense.

Best quality member is Diesel. He's helped me with some things before, and he's really helped the topics flow in this forum. Regardless of how much he hates Marvin, I still voted him for my favorite poster. Dolfan's without a doubt the most helpful member on this forum. And due to the lack of substance in most of his posts, I find Swish the most annoying member- no offense.

Sorry to annoy you so much dude. That however is a new one....elaborate on substanceless????? If my posts are as you say at least they are not with crappy substance like some.

So I was really the most annoying person yoou could think of on here??? lol...TOUCHDOWN! ;)

Don't take it the wrong way.. I'm just saying that you usually don't add anything to the topic when people discuss things. For example, if a group of people were discussing birthday cakes, you'd be the kind of person that would just post 'I like birthday cakes.' and be done with it. I'm not criticizing you, I'm just explaining my vote. If that's the way you post in forums, then so be it. I won't stop you.

Don't take it the wrong way.. I'm just saying that you usually don't add anything to the topic when people discuss things. For example, if a group of people were discussing birthday cakes, you'd be the kind of person that would just post 'I like birthday cakes.' and be done with it. I'm not criticizing you, I'm just explaining my vote. If that's the way you post in forums, then so be it. I won't stop you.

There are quite a few posters who do this on HS. In fact, I can look at a thread's subject, see who posted, and pretty much predict what they said in their one line before seeing it. I wouldn't single out Swish for this. It's almost an epidemic.

Dr. Z

Were you been? Miss your dry whit.

Let's see.. planning my wedding (in less than 2 months,) looking for a job, trying to lose some weight, cooking, volunteering for the Samaritan House, studying for conversion, playing Wii, doing housework, messing around with the dogs, lurking on Hawksquawk, lamenting the Braves season and *never drinking again* since an epic July 4 binge involving nudity.

Let's see.. planning my wedding (in less than 2 months,) looking for a job, trying to lose some weight, cooking, volunteering for the Samaritan House, studying for conversion, playing Wii, doing housework, messing around with the dogs, lurking on Hawksquawk, lamenting the Braves season and *never drinking again* since an epic July 4 binge involving nudity.

A photo from your July 4th binge?

Will_Ferrell_011.jpg

There are quite a few posters who do this on HS. In fact, I can look at a thread's subject, see who posted, and pretty much predict what they said in their one line before seeing it. I wouldn't single out Swish for this. It's almost an epidemic.

It's the fact that he posts the most obvious s*** that is annoying. I can show you the posts that I'm talking about, but all you'd have to do is click his username and click on 'Find Member's Posts', and you'll see what I'm talking about. And I'm sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, it never said there was a new post for some reason...

In my opinion there are a lot of good posters on this site, and some posters I would consider to be extremely knowledgeable about the game and/or the business of basketball. I learn quite a bit here. There are no real trolls either, so that's all great....

I won't single anyone out as a 'favorite' poster though, namely because I wouldn't want to offend or hurt anyone else's feelings....but I will say that I fricken love the Dieselputer. I mean honestly, the guy is great. He is such a character, and he is so entertaining....even when he's blabbering on about Marvin Williams for the 10,000th time. He's got this certain childlike quality to many of his posts (especially when he's trying to instigate someone or argue with them) that make it impossible for me not to like him. Whereas someone else might come across as being just an argumentative prick, I mostly find Diesel humorous and charming- and no, that's not said in a 'gay' way- not that there's anything wrong with that. Diesel's just cool, man. There's a reason why that owner (was it Gearon Jr., Levenson?) made it a point that he wanted to be sure and meet Diesel at Hawksquawk Night at Phillips Arena, and even went so far as to go up and down the aisle calling out his name. The Dieselputer is kind of the straw that stirs the Hawksquawk drink, and I am personally very fond of him. This place would just not be the same without him....

His name is very apropos too. He's about as subtle as a Mack truck, and emits a lot of noxious hot air just like any other diesel-powered vehicle. (That's a joke, Diesel). :)