• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Childress Disrespected By Teammates?

Admin

But the headline of the call, the one thing we hadn't heard is that this lack of starting also led to a disrepctful attitude toward him by his own teammates.

He felt cut by the labels that was placed on him. "The Energy Guy", the "Rebound Guy", and so on. It was clear he felt he had already been pigeonhold and that bothered him as well, and likely made it eaiser for him to take the money and run.

Which players dissed him? Which players wouldn't throw him the ball if he was open? Is he talking about Johnson, Bibby, or even Josh Smith?

Read the rest of the article here

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For crying out load. Like any of the Hawks players outside of JJ is good enough to disrespect anyone.

If true, this evidences a lack of leadership and a poor environment created by management and the coaching staff as well as immaturity on the part of the players.

Corrected

If it's anyone that matters, I'm going with Josh Smith. Josh Smith has a tendency to hog the ball, and try to force ill-advised shots/passes instead of giving the ball up. Although he is a great competitor, he just doesn't strike me as a team player. It is what it is though, because that is what Josh Childress reduced himself too. If he would have took a few more of those open 3s or been more aggressive with the ball (like I knew he could), then maybe he wouldn't have gotten the "utility guy" label.

Edited by EazyRoc

Corrected

This is exactly why having strong leadership - both on court leadership in the form of veteran players and management/coaching that can instill the right atmosphere for development - is essential to the development of a young team, particularly one with lots of early entry candidates on its roster.

Either there is something rotten within the franchise or they are drafting/signing the wrong type of people.

There are a lot of problems in the locker room that just haven't made it out to the public, so it seems. You can tell when Joe is constantly calling out a "mystery player" who doesn't play within himself, so on and so forth. I'm kind of disappointed that Joe hasn't been able to reign his team in yet, and who knows..he could have publicly endorsed the Joshs and wanted them gone behind the scenes.

Jordan was the greatest of all time. He earned that right. I really don't recall a lot of team captains singling out a player, who appears to be the same player every time he mentions something or it's 2 players with the same problem. Perhaps you could give me an example ?

The problem on the team dis is that everyone on the roster respected Chillz and knew without a doubt he should have started over Marvin. Marvin on the inside was/is the most disappointing player on the roster. I got that from the mouth in the Administration.

Marvin should have been on the pine and/or moved some time ago. Marvin needs some strong strives to take the taste out of the mouths around Hawksland.

Edited by Swatguy

Well Chil is a 6'8 forward who grabbed 2.6 defensive rebounds in half an hour a game so I wouldn't call him "the rebound guy".

I know Chil and Smith have been real tight since they got here. I get the impression Chil and Marv are tight from reading Chil's little tech article in SLAM.

Chillz is a 6th man.

Chillz is a "energy" guy.

Chillz is not a starter.

Chillz never played good as a starter.

Chillz is nothing more then a 6th man.

Chillz cannot create his own shot.

Sure Chillz, you could go start for a championship team with 3 all stars b/c they don't need much out of their other 2 starters. They just need guys who play hard with energy and can play without the ball in their hands. News to Chillz...........a new team would see you the same way as the current Hawks do.

Chills can never be a go to scorer, a 2nd option, or even 3rd option. He is a "trash" guys and nothing more. He cleans up the trash on the offensive boards and is active without the ball. Therefor he is an energy guy and nothing more. Now those are important intangibles to have but you are what you are.

Chillz sees himself for what he is on the USA. Maybe in Greece he will be more then that and his ego can get srtroked. Smaller court and slower players should hide is lack of agility and the closer 3 point line should help his shooting. I still wish him the best. It seems like the kid just needs a hug.

The problem on the team dis is that everyone on the roster respected Chillz and knew without a doubt he should have started over Marvin. Marvin on the inside was/is the most disappointing player on the roster. I got that from the mouth in the Administration.

Marvin should have been on the pine and/or moved some time ago. Marvin needs some strong strives to take the taste out of the mouths around Hawksland.

No wonder certain players hardly ever passed him the ball. I'm curious, though, who in the Administration did you hear that from ?

Edited by EazyRoc

Chillz is a 6th man.

Chillz is a "energy" guy.

Chillz is not a starter.

Chillz never played good as a starter.

Chillz is nothing more then a 6th man.

Chillz cannot create his own shot.

Sure Chillz, you could go start for a championship team with 3 all stars b/c they don't need much out of their other 2 starters. They just need guys who play hard with energy and can play without the ball in their hands. News to Chillz...........a new team would see you the same way as the current Hawks do.

Chills can never be a go to scorer, a 2nd option, or even 3rd option. He is a "trash" guys and nothing more. He cleans up the trash on the offensive boards and is active without the ball. Therefor he is an energy guy and nothing more. Now those are important intangibles to have but you are what you are.

Chillz sees himself for what he is on the USA. Maybe in Greece he will be more then that and his ego can get srtroked. Smaller court and slower players should hide is lack of agility and the closer 3 point line should help his shooting. I still wish him the best. It seems like the kid just needs a hug.

If you believe Marvin is better than (the word is than not then) Chillz you are simple mistaken. I do believe as a starter or a 6th player Chillz is more worth than Marvin and the locker room knew too. My gosh Manu is a 6th guy, Havlecek was a 6th guy. You speak of Chillz with such disdain as a 6th player is trash.

I'll tell you some of your post are insightful and others are just horrible. Howmany of you post under the "coachx" name?

Why not ?

I want to believe, but I've learned not to believe everything you hear on the internet. I want to know if your source is really credible/real or if you just pulled that out your a**, considering I don't know you or anything about you.

Edited by EazyRoc

Why not ? I want to believe, but I've learned not to believe everything you here on the internet. I want to know if your source is really credible/real or if you just pulled that out your a**, considering I don't know you or know much about you.

You must be simple. If I do say who on this board, my communication stops. Comprende?