• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why Overpay For Smoove...

Buzzard

• Premium Member
If you do not see Smoove standing near the 3pt line in our half court sets; we are not watching the same game...

Agreed. And there's no point in arguing with such a wide disagreement. Smith is not a post player. He can certainly get to the line, but he's no post player.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horford got all his points almost exclusively in the paint.

Horford scored 3.3 ppg on jumpers compared to 4.1 ppg for Smith.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL12A.HTM

Smoove did get a lot of layups and dunks off fast breaks because he was out on the wing when the rebound was gathered.

Smith scored only 2.7 ppg on dunks. Childress scored 2.1 on dunks and Horford scored 1.7 on dunks. I am not seeing a big disparity there.

37% of Smith's attempts were in the 1st 10 seconds of the clock (fast breaks and putbacks).

38% of Horford's attempts were in the 1st 10 seconds of the clock.

You just like to make stuff up and pretend it is true. In reality you are pulling your "facts" from www.jc'sbunghole.com.

Agreed. And there's no point in arguing with such a wide disagreement. Smith is not a post player. He can certainly get to the line, but he's no post player.

I must have missed the post where someone called Smith a post player. Could you point it out for me?

Horford scored 3.3 ppg on jumpers compared to 4.1 ppg for Smith.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL12A.HTM

Smith scored only 2.7 ppg on dunks. Childress scored 2.1 on dunks and Horford scored 1.7 on dunks. I am not seeing a big disparity there.

37% of Smith's attempts were in the 1st 10 seconds of the clock (fast breaks and putbacks).

38% of Horford's attempts were in the 1st 10 seconds of the clock.

You just like to make stuff up and pretend it is true. In reality you are pulling your "facts" from www.jc'sbunghole.com.

At what distance where Horford's jumpers? Smoove's jumpers? You really think I am that stupid to think Horford's 10 to 15ft jumpers are bad shots when compared to Smoove's prayers outside of 18 ft....

Shots within 10 seconds of the game clock. Hmm, a fast break takes less than four seconds. Not all those shots inside 10 seconds where putbacks and fast breaks. Unless of course you want me to beleive it takes Horf and Smoove 9 seconds to run down the court....

You are the one pulling facts out your bunghole...every shot inside of ten seconds is a fast break or putback and there is no such thing as a bad % jumpshot in EX's book....Smoove on EX and end of discussion.

Edited by jamesdcrockett

You mean other than you and 14 saying he posted up rather frequently?

Saying he posted up far more than he has in the past (when he virtually never posted up) is a far cry from calling him a post player.

He posted up virtually every game but the results were obviously mixed. But he was certainly far better in the post than on the perimeter.

You have said Smith takes jumpers rather frequently so i guess you are saying he is a shooter, right?

Edited by exodus

...everyshot inside of ten seconds is a fast break or putback and

Looks like your reading comprehension is on par with your game observations.

Not all shots within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock are fast breaks or putbacks. However every fast break point and every putback does happen within the first 10 seconds of the clock.

there is no such thing as a bad % jumpshot in EX's book

Again you are just making stuff up. Virtually every jump shot Smith takes is a bad on in my book.

Horford is a better jump shooter than Smith and i have no problem with him taking them. But saying Horford scores almost exclusively down low (like you did) is just flat wrong.

Looks like your reading comprehension is on par with your game observations.

Not all shots within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock are fast breaks or putbacks. However every fast break point and every putback does happen within the first 10 seconds of the clock.

Again you are just making stuff up. Virtually every jump shot Smith takes is a bad on in my book.

Horford is a better jump shooter than Smith and i have no problem with him taking them. But saying Horford scores almost exclusively down low (like you did) is just flat wrong.

So what was your point in comparing shots within 10 seconds? Or was it just pointless? If we do not know which ones are fastbreak, putbacks, or just quick scores in the halfcourt set what is your point?

So what was your point in comparing shots within 10 seconds? Or was it just pointless? If we do not know which ones are fastbreak, putbacks, or just quick scores in the halfcourt set what is your point?

Because if Smith was getting an unusual amount of points on fast breaks or putbacks it would show up there.

For example 56% of Childress' attempts came within the first 10 seconds of the clock. He is the guy that was leaking out early on the break, not Smith. Smith was hanging back near the rim challenging shots.

If Smith was leaking out early it would be hard for him to be second in the NBA in blocks at a generously listed 6'9".

Because you were saying that all of Smith's points that aren't jumpers come off break away stuff. Fast break points would have to come in the first 10 seconds right? Smith and Horford get the same percentage of their points coming in that first ten seconds so its not like Smith is getting all his points on the break and Al is getting them by posting up.

Facts are facts man, its not getting emotional, its just using facts to come to a conclusion. Josh score more points in the paint than anyone on our team by a fairly significant margin. He gets the same proportion of his shots in transition as the other "inside" player. He gets more than twice as many FTs because he is more aggressive than our other "inside" player. Some how you can have all these facts in front of you and still think that he only gets his points on the break or from his terrible jump shot.

Plus, Josh gets 3 block a game. He is near the rim on D, not leaking out.

Because he can't shoot.

yep but when we need them he makes them alot of the time. We don't have near as much success as we did at the end of the season if it weren't for his jumpers. Everbody knows the guy can't shoot but he comes through for us alot.

MrH. you seem to value facts, do you, along with crockett, seriously think anyone gets more points inside in the half court than Smith? If so who?

Wow. What a revelation. Um....Ex....people who can't shoot are posting on Hawksquawk. Not playing in the NBA.

not really I can shoot really well. just can't do much of anything else lol. I'm still young anyway,i'm not one of the old geezers on here.

yep but when we need them he makes them alot of the time. We don't have near as much success as we did at the end of the season if it weren't for his jumpers. Everbody knows the guy can't shoot but he comes through for us alot.

There is a lot of truth in that statement. Smoove CLEARLY shoots 3's better in the clutch than he does during the rest of the game. He shot a VERY respectable 39% from 3 pt land in the "clutch." In fact, he was the BEST clutch 3 point shooter on the team. Better than both JJ AND Bibby. After he made those two bombs versus TOR, I decided that I didn't care how many 3's he took in the clutch. I don't know why he makes them then but he does.

Wow. What a revelation. Um....Ex....people who can't shoot are posting on Hawksquawk. Not playing in the NBA.

Please i could shoot rings around Smith from the perimeter. It would be a slaughter. But i am not 6'9" with a 40" vertical.

Smith needs to focus on making 15 footers before he moves out to 18 feet or beyond. He has no excuse to shoot 3s. Sure he made them better in the clutch but still he is hurting the team more than helping when he shoots 3s. He isn't going to get fouled very often or get many offensive rebounds when he is standing at the 3 pt line.