• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why Overpay For Smoove...

Buzzard

this is actually a kind of retarded thread. why pit them against each other? they compliment each other so well. imo, josh, joe and al should be the main 3 players we're concerned with. i think w/ josh next to him, al can play the 5 for the next decade. you've got the strong rebounder and the athletic shot blocker who can both put up big points on offense. 72 probably is a little too much but 60's probably a bargain. 11/yr would be perfect.

It is only retarded if you think the ASG sees it your way; and that Smoove is going to be one of our big three. I do not think they see it that way. I do not think they believe we can win a championship with Smoove, Horford, and JJ as the core.

I think they see JJ and Horford as a part of the core and we are in need of one more expensive peice. If they commit to much to Smoove, there is no way they can afford to pay JJ and Al, plus sign a big time free agent to put us over the top...

Edited by jamesdcrockett

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so based on the 89 games we saw these 2 play last year. somebody here truely believes that Horford is the better player. that's hard to understand. i know i watched every game (i may have missed 2), and i just didn't see it. Horford might have been better than smoove for 3 games last year (go ahead and bring me some box score stats that say different) but thats about it. would you even think about giving Horford 5yrs 60million, talk about overpaying. saying horford is better than smoove is like saying dennis rodman was better than scottie pippen on those bulls teams. dennis did his thang, but come on man.

Dude you need to go to the store and buy a clue. 21.8 was Boguts AVERAGE against us. Did you think Bogut scored 21.8 in one game WTF?

OK I am sorry, I apologize to your highness....

And so do you, if you think Horf guarded Bogut every minute of any of those games. How has Bogut done against us for his career? How has Howard done against us for his career. How has anyone not done against us for their career. You are trying to blame a rookie for one of the worst defenses in the league over the last 3 seasons....How in the hell is that more Horford's fault than Smoove's?

21.8/8.3 = 2.6 (Boguts average against us)/(Horfords average against the Bucks)

Hope that helps.

Ah, you are saying that Bogut scored twice as much as Horford did. I thought that you meant Bogut scored twice his average against the Hawks when you said he doubled him up. Being a little more clear originally might have helped.

so based on the 89 games we saw these 2 play last year. somebody here truely believes that Horford is the better player. that's hard to understand. i know i watched every game (i may have missed 2), and i just didn't see it. Horford might have been better than smoove for 3 games last year (go ahead and bring me some box score stats that say different) but thats about it. would you even think about giving Horford 5yrs 60million, talk about overpaying. saying horford is better than smoove is like saying dennis rodman was better than scottie pippen on those bulls teams. dennis did his thang, but come on man.

I would love to lock Horf up at 60 mill right here, right now. He will be demanding at least 75 to 85 mill once his rookie contract is up...

Another year or two after that people will forget that Josh Smith is the reason JJ left.

That depends on whether you believe the mystery player that Joe likes to call out is actually Josh Smith. It could be someone else, but I'd lay my money on it being Josh Smith. That could just be him trying to motivate Josh without actually using his name, or it could mean that he really doesn't like playing with him, I guess time will tell.

If it were up to me though I'd love to see JJ, Smoove, and Al stay together. I'm not sold on Marvin as our SF yet, but I'm hopeful that he'll finally break out this year.

I would love to lock Horf up at 60 mill right here, right now. He will be demanding at least 75 to 85 mill once his rookie contract is up...

are you serious, 75-85mill for 15 and 10. your saying he'll be in class with elton brand, carlos boozer, or tim duncan. i hope so, but i don't think so.

Horford will probably demand Bogut's and Okafor's type money. I don't see Horford being a better player than them.

Al and Emeka are already pretty close right now so that is a fair assumption to make but 2-3 years from now we have no idea who will be better. Al's probably not going to need that big of a contract right away because I can see him making lots of money in endorsements to offset that couple of million and he'll probably do what's good for the team.

That depends on whether you believe the mystery player that Joe likes to call out is actually Josh Smith. It could be someone else, but I'd lay my money on it being Josh Smith. That could just be him trying to motivate Josh without actually using his name, or it could mean that he really doesn't like playing with him, I guess time will tell.

If it were up to me though I'd love to see JJ, Smoove, and Al stay together. I'm not sold on Marvin as our SF yet, but I'm hopeful that he'll finally break out this year.

The only way that core works out is if we end up with a Piston like team that is totally unselfish. Though I am not sold on MWill as a all-star; I am sold on him knowing his role and being totally unselfish.

Smoove wants it all; and all I am saying is at this point and time his game does not deserve all the credit people want give him nor the contract people want to sign him to...some posters have stated sign at all cost like he is the 2nd coming of Garnett.

We are a starved fan base but reality bites.....18pts and 8 boards a game is not a superstar PF's stat line. Period end of discussion as far as I am concerned. 60mill is fair; if he wants more I am totally behind the ASG in their stance to not give him more....

The only way that core works out is if we end up with a Piston like team that is totally unselfish. Though I am not sold on MWill as a all-star; I am sold on him knowing his role and being totally unselfish.

Smoove wants it all; and all I am saying is at this point and time his game does not deserve all the credit people want give him nor the contract people want to sign him to...some posters have stated sign at all cost like he is the 2nd coming of Garnett.

We are a starved fan base but reality bites.....18pts and 8 boards a game is not a superstar PF's stat line. Period end of discussion as far as I am concerned. 60mill is fair; if he wants more I am totally behind the ASG in their stance to not give him more....

what about 19ppg 8.5rebs 4asst 3blk 2stl all of which are very attainable for smith. not many players EVER have put up numbers like that.

Talk to me when you come with a better comeback jackass.

Only a real genius could only come up with such a great one word reply as "OWNED" to a disscussion that has well over a thousand words in replies....

You really added a lot to this topic and I can see why you think so highly of your opinions. Work of art man....short, sweet, and pointless...

Only a real genius could only come up with such a great one word reply as "OWNED" to a disscussion that has well over a thousand words in replies....

You really added a lot to this topic and I can see why you think so highly of your opinions. Work of art man....short, sweet, and pointless...

OWNED!!! LOL