• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why Overpay For Smoove...

Buzzard

Actually I've watched many games where Smoove outjumps everybody for any rebound that basically doesn't go straight down and takes over. He rebounds with athleticism. While Smoove doesn't currently have the offensive skillset of a SF - he would be great rebounding-wise in a 3/4 position (3 in the power lineup and 4 in the smaller lineup).

As far as Horford goes - I have been very impressed at how AH improved his FT shooting and inside moves in the 2nd half of the year. I think AH will be a great PF IF we run some plays for him and allow him to work on scoring in a game situation. We are far too much of a perimeter oriented team as it is. Woody has to develop a real offense with real options.

Woody needs to realize that you can't just run a perimeter oriented offense and expect the big guys to do all the dirty work...you also have to feed the beasts to make them happy.

Don't forget about Smith length, it's helps him on the boards as well. This disscusion is about the now vs. the future. The excitement vs. the classic. This disscusion is more based on personal opinion more then real info and always will be.

At the end of the day, this is ASG and Sund team and they have the final decision since their spending their money and not ours.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a building block, he a solid player, better suited a 3rd option role player, not a #2 thrusted in a star role. Your right, take him out of the lineup and we will lose a lot more but our depth and lack of talent is the answer to that problem more then the lost of Smith himself. I wouldn't shed a tear for no ATH. That's just pathetic, he's not my brother. As for trading him, I only want to trade him for the right pieces. A very good player and a budding talent. No scrubs, we have Zaza and Speedy no need for more.

Good post. He is a 3rd option and we need him at that type of price. Smoove needs to sign and get this over with. We cannot afford to sign Smoove at all cost. If all he does is continue to be a solid 3rd option, he will be virtually untradeable until the final year or two of his contract....

As far as i know neither of them played 48 minutes in any game.

Horford was guarding Bogut when they were both in the game. Obviously Horford couldn't guard Bogut when one of them was on the bench.

In 06/07 Bogut averaged 13 against us and Howard averaged 14.

I remember when we had Deke and ppl used to say Deke a good defender but not on great level becuase he can't outscore some of his counterparts. What I always said was, look at the player and look and his role. If Deke is our 2nd and 3th option and other is 1st not to mention Deke isn't good on offense then how would say he's not as good when defensively he impact the game the whole time.

With Deke he make timely blocks, excellent helpside D maybe best ever, good man defender but not vs. Shaq, lol. blocks out better then anyone not named Rodman. He was a rare player. Yet ppl didn't like him like they liked Zo and hated on everything he did. Deke was goofy and other trash. But sometimes things go a lot deeper then the pad is what I'm saying.

Funny, I watch the Cavs games that season, Bron wasn't as good Miles that season.

I guess that's why James scored twice as many points as Miles while they played together (he also had more assists, rebounds and shot a better percentage while Miles was still starting), but hey I believe you, after all you're a scout.

10 boards a game for a rookie is unheard of. It is sacred ground; and if you don't understand this now, you will in three years...

You might want to get your ears checked. Okafor averaged 10.9 rebounds a game as a rookie compared to Horford's 9.7. Okafor has yet to make an All-Star game in spite of treading on "sacred ground".

and if he isn't, he needs to find some to help him with his dementia. Darius Miles ?! Are you for real ? He averaged like 9 points a game that year.

Did you watch Cavs games that season? I watched him and even Silas loved Miles. It was the trade that started the Silas/Cavs/Bron problem till Silas was fired. I don't recall stats that season but I do recall Miles play that season and the season later in PTL where I taught was the next coming till making it rain and injuries decimated him.

Good post. He is a 3rd option and we need him at that type of price. Smoove needs to sign and get this over with. We cannot afford to sign Smoove at all cost. If all he does is continue to be a solid 3rd option, he will be virtually untradeable until the final year or two of his contract....

Then you should have no problem with Smoove signing the QO...and moving on, since he's just a third option. They do come a dime a dozen....

I guess that's why James scored twice as many points as Miles while they played together (he also had more assists, rebounds and shot a better percentage while Miles was still starting), but hey I believe you, after all you're a scout.

Miles played like 30-40 games with them along with R. Davis. As for stats, everyone know Bron puts up stats from the way he plays. That's like saying Bibby impact wasn't much higher then Lue and AJ when it clearly was when you watched the games. No one made silly insults in here then a as- clown does becuase his boyfriend is talked about. Grow one bro. Your mangina is offending others on this site.

Wait...? What ?!

You mean Boys' scout ?

Then you should have no problem with Smoove signing the QO...and moving on, since he's just a third option. They do come a dime a dozen....

That would suck no doubt. I doubt he would do that. It's not a insult being a 3rd option. It's a major role, ask Odom, Battier, Okur and others. It's only when your getting big bucks and the team lacks a core/direction. Then there's a problem.

Miles played like 30-40 games with them along with R. Davis. As for stats, everyone know Bron puts up stats from the way he plays. That's like saying Bibby impact wasn't much higher then Lue and AJ when it clearly was when you watched the games.

So Bibby had worse stats than Lue and AJ, interesting. :laughing5:

I have been consistent this whole FA period that we need to sign Smoove or SNT. I would much rather have him than not; but he is not worth 72 mill to be our 3rd option. Not even close...

I have been consistent this whole FA period that we need to sign Smoove or SNT. I would much rather have him than not; but he is not worth 72 mill to be our 3rd option. Not even close...

So who is the mystery man that is our second option?

And who are the other NBA players in the top 10 in steals and blocks?

Edited by exodus

You might want to get your ears checked. Okafor averaged 10.9 rebounds a game as a rookie compared to Horford's 9.7. Okafor has yet to make an All-Star game in spite of treading on "sacred ground".

I do not know why you are an a**hole; but so be it...You just named one other player who averaged 10 boards agame. Do you know how many there have been in the history of the NBA? I think it is 6 total. Now if 9.7 and being in the top ten for rookies in the history of the league is not good enough for you; then you should have no problem at all trading Smoove who has only averaged 7.4 for his career....

I know you love Smoove and that is cool; but please quit it with these dumbass aurguments that Smoove is a better PF than Horford. There probably is not a GM in the world that would rather have Smoove at the 4 over Horford. Just does not make any logical sense at all....

u have no clue. There's only one Joe Johnson on the team because if it was two that would be the ONLY way Smoove was our 3rd option. He's easily or 2nd best player and scorer.