• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why Overpay For Smoove...

Buzzard

So who is the mystery man that is our second option?

And who are the other NBA players in the top 10 in steals and blocks?

Maybe you haven't paid attention to his post but he said next yr FA's can help us a lot. No one think Marvin or Al should be 2nd option on a playoff calibur team but either should Smith be. We played v. a team in the playoffs that were older and couldn't contend with our speed and athletcism and Smith was key to that. But only two or three playoff teams who would have trouble v. us. Celtics, Mavs, and that's it. J.S can guard both KG and Dirk and give them trouble from their style of play. Any other playoff team wouldn't have stuggle as much.

As for steals, I explained that awhile back, he gets most of those from off ball D and silly passes that happen often in the duration of the NBA league. He becoming a lot better blocker but still jumps at most shots and take himself out of position on defense.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know why you are an a**hole; but so be it...You just named one other player who averaged 10 boards agame. Do you know how many there have been in the history of the NBA? I think it is 6 total. Now if 9.7 and being in the top ten for rookies in the history of the league is not good enough for you; then you should have no problem at all trading Smoove who has only averaged 7.4 for his career....

I know you love Smoove and that is cool; but please quit it with these dumbass aurguments that Smoove is a better PF than Horford. There probably is not a GM in the world that would rather have Smoove at the 4 over Horford. Just does not make any logical sense at all....

But, you have only provided your opinion...to back that claim, nothing else.

And anybody that watches the Hawks...knows why Smoove's rebound averages, are what they are.

I do not know why you are an a**hole; but so be it...You just named one other player who averaged 10 boards agame. Do you know how many there have been in the history of the NBA? I think it is 6 total. Now if 9.7 and being in the top ten for rookies in the history of the league is not good enough for you; then you should have no problem at all trading Smoove who has only averaged 7.4 for his career....

I know you love Smoove and that is cool; but please quit it with these dumbass aurguments that Smoove is a better PF than Horford. There probably is not a GM in the world that would rather have Smoove at the 4 over Horford. Just does not make any logical sense at all....

Smith is better than Horford by any statistical measure you want to use, ppg, +/-, Roland Rating, PER.... anything. That is why the Clippers were willing to pay him $13 million/yr andthe Sixers would have paid 12.

Smith is only 7 months older than Horford and completely punks him. You talk about how great Horfords rebounding is but he averaged 6.6 defensive rebounds compared to 6.2 for Smith. Excuse me if i am not blown away by that.

The hawksquawk rule: When all else fails, just insult others and scream your not a Hawk fan. Logic and Josh Smith fans are antonyms. I like the kid to be honest, it might not seem that way but I do. Some of you guys just make being logically seems irrational when it comes to Smith.

But, you have only provided your opinion...to back that claim, nothing else.

And anybody that watches the Hawks...knows why Smoove's rebound averages, are what they are.

He did make good points the first couple of pages. After that he was going back and fore with others but read the first couple of pages.

Maybe you haven't paid attention to his post but he said next yr FA's can help us a lot.

How is that? the only way we will have a lot of cap space is if we renounce the rights to our own free agents.

Assuming we offer Childress the QO his cap hold will be $11 million. Marvin's cap hold will be around $14 million, Bibby's over $20 million.

Blocks <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Rebounds

And with that, I exit this thread. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

you say that as if horford averaged 10 more rebounds a game than smith. he played center and average 2 more rebounds than smith. can you imagine smoove at 26? when his mind finally starts matching his talent. if we choose horford over smith we're dead as a franchise. horford will be good but smoove (barring injury) will be otherworldly. smoove is doing things that NO other player in the league is doing. he's doing things that no one is the HISTORY of the league has done, and he's only 22. if that doesn't bring you to your senses, nothing will

He made opinions....

Your right, he did...

The hawksquawk rule: When all else fails, just insult others and scream your not a Hawk fan. Logic and Josh Smith fans are antonyms. I like the kid to be honest, it might not seem that way but I do. Some of you guys just make being logically seems irrational when it comes to Smith.

His whole line of reasoning is "Horford is better because i say so". That's it.

The fact that Horford didn't score for crap and got punk'd on defense doesn't seem to register with him.

Horford got outscored 21.8 to 8.3 by Andrew Friggin Bogut for chrissakes. When Smith got in foul trouble against Charlotte Okafor dropped 20/20 on Horford. Boozer, Bosh and Garnett all torched Horford.

How is that? the only way we will have a lot of cap space is if we renounce the rights to our own free agents.

Assuming we offer Childress the QO his cap hold will be $11 million. Marvin's cap hold will be around $14 million, Bibby's over $20 million.

Being that we will have 1 yr left of Chillz QO, if he doesn't want to come back, he probably will be reneg on the offer. Bibby won't get that offer, we all can agree on that. As for Marvin, even with his QO, we would still have a lot of money not to mention future moves. If we sign J.S. back were still looking at having 9-12 mil. You can get a quality FA with that type of money.

• Premium Member
Smith is better than Horford by any statistical measure you want to use

Per36, at age 21:

TS% - Horford

eFG% - Horford

FT% - Horford

OReb% - Horford

Dreb% - Horford

Ast% - Smith

Stl% - Smith

Blk% - Smith

Tov% - Horford

PF - Smith

ORtg - Horford

DRtg - Horford

OWS - Horford

DWS - Smith

WSAA - Horford

His whole line of reasoning is "Horford is better because i say so". That's it.

The fact that Horford didn't score for crap and got punk'd on defense doesn't seem to register with him.

Horford got outscored 21.8 to 8.3 by Andrew Friggin Bogut for chrissakes. When Smith got in foul trouble against Charlotte Okafor dropped 20/20 on Horford. Boozer, Bosh and Garnett all torched Horford.

I wasn't calling you out, there are others defending Smith in here other then you. You made reasonable points and I can't say otherwise.

Once again read my point, you can't compare Bogut and Horford stats v each other. Different roles and both wasn't always guarding each other. Marvin would guard PF's at times in the season. I remember KG torching Al and everyone else during the season. I also remember Boozer and Bosh torching everyone as well during the season. I wouldn't put that all on Al. He was a rookie, no rookie is on those players level cept for Tim Duncan. Let's be realistic. I see you point too, you are saying if Al better then Josh here's X and X reason why he's not. So I understand your point but it's flawed is mines.

Edited by nbasuperstar40