• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Remember Shawn Kemp

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

in his younger years? I was thinking about this thing with Smoove last night. There could be some different things going on here, like:

1. Sund could be a hard line negotiator

2. Maybe Sund and Woody are on the same page and don't think Smoove is the player to throw that much money at and if Smoove doesn't like it they will trade him.

3. I remember (showing my age) when S. Kemp came in the league out of HS and he was a terrific talent. The problem was he would not get in line with the team philosophy and had trouble with the coaches, players, and management staff. Do we have that problem with Smoove? Smoove played a great series against the Celtics no doubt.

4. I believe there may be some issues with JJ and Smoove. I beleive that JJ may have some problem with the immaturity of Smoove.

Just some random thoughts that many of you amy have been thinking about.

I would like to have Smoove back but I now don't think it is the end of the world if he doesn't come back.

I am a local school board member in the county that I live in and have been in hard negotiations the past week with school bus drivers/owners. I have heard and seen a lot, and in this process have thought more about the Smoove and Hawks issues. Our school baord has been called "cheap" (does that ring a bell?).

Just random thought s from a different perspective.

There are HUGE personality differences between Smith and Kemp. Kemp's problems were mainly that he was a jerk in real life, most everyone that meets Smith has nothing but positive things to say (guys like Sekou and Whitaker love him).

The interaction between Smith and Joe on the court is always positive, Joe isn't one to hide his displeasure either. If you've ever seen anything that makes you think Joe doesn't like Smith on the team, please do share. If you just think that Joe doesn't like Smith because he said the "young guys" didn't have "**** clue", you are reading into it. By the way, Marvin Williams got ejected in that game for a flagrant foul and I've NEVER heard anyone posit that Joe was talking about him.

• Premium Member
Shawn might have been the laziest dude ever. My god, after the strike he got so fat from not lifting a finger. Pretty much all he did was knock up groupies.

Not to mention that he was a raging alcoholic/drug addict. There is no comparison between these two guys/players besides the fact that they both entered the NBA out of HS. Pay Smoove already.