• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Uga Is The Preseason No. 1 In Coaches' Poll

Admin

Georgia was widely considered the hottest team in college football at the end of the 2007 season.

A panel of Division I-A coaches remembered, voting the Bulldogs the preseason No. 1 in the USA Today Top 25 coaches' poll, released Friday.

Georgia garnered 22 first-place votes in the poll, with No. 2 USC and No. 3 Ohio State each receiving 14 first-place votes. Oklahoma, with three first-place votes, and Florida, with five first-place votes and returning Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow, were fourth and fifth, respectively.

Georgia finished No. 2 in the final Associated Press writers' poll and No. 3 in the final coaches' poll last season.

The Bulldogs and Gators, SEC East and regional rivals, meet Nov. 1 at a neutral site in Jacksonville, Fla., while Ohio State and USC meet Sept. 13 in Los Angeles.

Georgia's schedule also includes visits to No. 16 Arizona State on Sept. 20; defending BCS champion No. 6 LSU; No. 11 Auburn; and South Carolina.

LSU, Missouri, West Virginia, Clemson and Texas rounded out the top 10, giving the SEC and Big 12 three teams each in the first 10 poll positions.

Auburn was ranked 11th, followed by Wisconsin, Kansas, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, Arizona State, BYU, Tennessee, Illinois and Oregon.

South Florida, Penn State, Wake Forest, Michigan and Fresno State rounded out the top 25.

The SEC, Big 12 and Big Ten each had five teams represented in the poll. BYU of the Mountain West was the highest-ranked team from a non-BCS conference.

The AP preseason Top 25 poll is scheduled to be released Aug. 16.

I think Stafford is over hyped. I've seen him play and he doesn't look all that great.

When did you see him?

On this year's second CFL (two Tuesdays ago) Herbstreet said that Stafford's mechanics look impeccable and then picked him to win the Heisman.

I know that's a lot of hype, but Herbie isn't exactly Jay Bilas.

In other words, he looks outstanding this summer.

He's finally got some top flight receivers too. AJ Green and my distant cousin and homeboy Tavarres (T.K.) King are the two most talented receivers he has had since he's been there. There are some older guys around like Massoqui, Goodman, Harris and Bryant who may make it difficult for them to play early but just wait until Green and TK get a chance to shine.

He's finally got some top flight receivers too. AJ Green and my distant cousin and homeboy Tavarres (T.K.) King are the two most talented receivers he has had since he's been there. There are some older guys around like Massoqui, Goodman, Harris and Bryant who may make it difficult for them to play early but just wait until Green and TK get a chance to shine.

The cupboard is full and the future is bright.

First off I am a UGA grad (class of 91), so I am a bit biased, but the Bulldogs are loaded for this title run.

They really don't have any significant weaknesses. What they do have is an extremely difficult schedule. There is simply no way this team goes undefeted. What they have to hope for is that their only loss comes early, Az. State? UT? and that they beat the snot out of Fla and Auburn. This will set them right back on the path to the national title game. Hopefully the pollsters will realize this year that weak sister teams like Hawaii don't belong playing with the big conferences. Those weak sister teams just take away from the bowl games.

In all it will be hard for UGA to meet the hype this season, but if they do, then this will be a sweat time to be a UGA grad. GO DAWGS, SICK 'EM, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF!

First off I am a UGA grad (class of 91), so I am a bit biased, but the Bulldogs are loaded for this title run.

They really don't have any significant weaknesses. What they do have is an extremely difficult schedule. There is simply no way this team goes undefeted. What they have to hope for is that their only loss comes early, Az. State? UT? and that they beat the snot out of Fla and Auburn. This will set them right back on the path to the national title game. Hopefully the pollsters will realize this year that weak sister teams like Hawaii don't belong playing with the big conferences. Those weak sister teams just take away from the bowl games.

In all it will be hard for UGA to meet the hype this season, but if they do, then this will be a sweat time to be a UGA grad. GO DAWGS, SICK 'EM, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF!

Yeah, I graduated in '04, and after a few years just had to come back (grad school), so I feel ya on the bias.

If we can get through this murderer's row with only one loss we'll be playing for a championship. I think our best bet for a loss would be LSU or AU. Both games are away against strong opponents, and neither hurts us in the East race. I just can't see us losing to ASU. Tempe's a cool place, and that desert will actually feel cooler than Athens (Humidity. I promise. I've been there.) With our line rotation set by that game, we outta carve their D up like Thanksgiving turkey and crush them in TOP.

The cupboard is full enough to get your butt kicked by UT three years running! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wow, I was in Knox last year, and ... just a complete gut punch.

Expect a completely different game this season, though.

Heavyweight slugfest.

Fulmer's boys are gonna turn some heads this year. Great O-line, Eric Berry's a beast, McCoy's a tackling machine, Foster's back for his seventh year. If Crompton can play worth a damn, UT will make it a three-team race in the East.

(I hate UT, by the way. Kville is pretty fun, though).

From what I saw Massoqui (sp?) was easily a top-knotch receiver. I don't think UGA has added anyone who will perform better than him this year. Another thing! Matthew Stafford will probably not be a heisman candidate. If he is, I think Knowshown will win it before he does. However, I don't see Georgia keeping that No. 1 ranking all year, and I still think they might lose 2 games.