• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

James White To Hawks?

TruJerz

I might be late and this may have been posted already but i will still put it out there. James White is working out for the Hawks. He was a good college player at Cinncinati...very athletic and runs the floor well..probably more athletic the JSmooth. He played with the Spurs and Pacers i think but played in Turkey last yr. Anyway, i think he will fit in if he does indeed get signed.

link:

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/sierra/20...-look-at-white/

and check out his youtube link:

Wow !

That kid is unbelievable. I had forgotten all about him. Cincinati was kind of beginning to fall off the radar when he was there.

We could especially use his explosiveness if we lose Smoove.

Great highlights. Wonder if he has actual game. He sure as heck can dunk.

I might be late and this may have been posted already but i will still put it out there. James White is working out for the Hawks. He was a good college player at Cinncinati...very athletic and runs the floor well..probably more athletic the JSmooth. He played with the Spurs and Pacers i think but played in Turkey last yr. Anyway, i think he will fit in if he does indeed get signed.

link:

So we've already had "The Human Highlight Film" and now we're working out "The Human Flight". I'd love to see a dunk off with him and JSmoove. I don't think we have a spot on our roster for him unless Mario or JRich isn't brought back though.

So we've already had "The Human Highlight Film" and now we're working out "The Human Flight". I'd love to see a dunk off with him and JSmoove. I don't think we have a spot on our roster for him unless Mario or JRich isn't brought back though.

James White looks great with 0 defenders.

You would think we learned our lesson about evaluating talent based on 1 on none workouts with Marvin!

James White looks great with 0 defenders.

You would think we learned our lesson about evaluating talent based on 1 on none workouts with Marvin!

Good to see someone work in some Marvin hate into a thread that has nothing to do with Marvin.

Id love to sign this guy, just for the highlights. I dont think we need to sign him but it had be nice to have him as a player. I think he'd fit that 7 second plan we had in the playoffs but He is an open lane guy, maybe woody will realize that try some new plays that dont involve isolating JJ like in the whole reg season., then everybody wins. possibly bring some fans. I know id pay to watch him. get it done sund

link:

My hunch tells me that White hasn't stuck on these other squads because of something like poor work ethic, maturity, attititude or some such.

I have no basis for this (note "hunch") but why couldn't he stick on SAs roster? Don't we always hear about how they're trying to get more athletic?

Love to watch him dunk, though.

• Premium Member

The kid is extremely explosive. But what about Othella Hunter? Are we trying to bring him in as well? I thought he looked good during SL. How the heck is it possible for us to sign all of these free agents and still re-sign Smoove?

on why he isn't in the NBA:

He might not make plays, play defense, or whatever. Dunking is only a way to score 2 points, it's not a talent...

Someone made this post on youtube...could not have said it better myself.

Agree 100%. I am a Hawks fan living in Bearcat land and the fans up here love him...but then again they love all Bearcats and also think everyone that has ever put on a Buckeye, Wildcat, or Cardinal uni is just a part of the hype machine...oops forgot to mention Xavier in that sentence as well.

Seriously, up here they love White and are really rooting for his success; and now we have a few more Hawks fans in Cinci....

Edited by jamesdcrockett

• Premium Member
About 6'7

He's got the tools to be a nice player. I thought he played multiple positions at Cincy if I remember correctly. He's no PG, but I think he can be a nice swingman for us. He's a WORLD class athlete and I've always been a fan of his since he was a HS prospect. But I can't help but wonder why an athlete of his caliber hasn't "stuck" in the NBA yet. Heck, even Gerald Green still has job.