• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2008 Bench

ATLBob

Back of the Bench  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For 2008 we've got:

Horford, Zaza, Morris at C.

Smoove, Horford, and ______ at PF.

Who's the other big gonna be?

Do we keep the guy we've been working on?

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

The guy who tore the SL up?

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Or neither?

I say we just let Solo and Othello battle it out during training camp and whoever does the best wins the job.

I don't think there is any other way to do it. We haven't seen them head to head. And the fact that Solo did not play in SL means it will come down to tarining campe. I'm just glad we have some choices this year. In the past we were taking in strays.

I say we just let Solo and Othello battle it out during training camp and whoever does the best wins the job.

I agree with this point. I predicted Othello to be the Hawks Carl Landry this season. The biggest difference is that Hunter isn't as strong as Landry. He will be undersized but his athletisizm can be useful. Solo has the experience, length, and shot blocking(although Hunter can as well) over Hunter right now. Training camp and preseason will seperate the two as Chris stated.

I'm actually looking forward to some of the bench battles:

Can Mario West and J Rich fend off whomever the Hawks bring in to compete with them?(Jackson? J.White? T.Gardner?)

Will Solo be passed up in the line up by Morris and Hunter?

Can Speedy regain his health and push Acie for minutes?

Is Bennett the new Salim(the sniper)?

The starting lineup is set but the rest of the team has to earn there way and I like that over being given a roster spot.

I agree with this point. I predicted Othello to be the Hawks Carl Landry this season. The biggest difference is that Hunter isn't as strong as Landry. He will be undersized but his athletisizm can be useful. Solo has the experience, length, and shot blocking(although Hunter can as well) over Hunter right now. Training camp and preseason will seperate the two as Chris stated.

I'm actually looking forward to some of the bench battles:

Can Mario West and J Rich fend off whomever the Hawks bring in to compete with them?(Jackson? J.White? T.Gardner?)

Will Solo be passed up in the line up by Morris and Hunter?

Can Speedy regain his health and push Acie for minutes?

Is Bennett the new Salim(the sniper)?

The starting lineup is set but the rest of the team has to earn there way and I like that over being given a roster spot.

I wouldn't be so sure... Smith hasn't resigned yet, and with the front office that we have, I'll have my worries.

You're right. I was assuming that the ASG will do the obvious thing and get Smoove resigned. I'm just tired of reading and typing negative things it was good to read this thread and think of something positive on this squad, competition.

Of course if Smoove isn't resigned to a long term deal there will be little to no excitement for me about Solo, Hunter and the other bench battles.

That's a good question, Dies. However, I highly doubt we'll trade Solo. We've put a lot of work into him already, and we've watched him slowly develop. Hopefully he'll develop more to become a solid back up at the PF or even Center position. He showed a lot of what he can do in the playoffs, and I think that will mean something to the front office.

Obviously camp is the place to settle this but I wouldn't be upset if we switched it up.

For whatever reason, Solo hasn't really developed like we'd hoped so I don't mind someone else getting his minutes (seconds) and trying to do something with them.

Hi guys! I'm new posting though I've been following the forum long time ago.

Just wanted to know your opinion about some guys I think could provide some help.

Sund has said he wanted to add two bigs. We already have Morris, what about Harrison? He is a legit 7footer center that has great upside and could become a good role player and I think he could be signed cheap 1,5M$?. On limited minutes he provided decent stats, now we lost Kwame I think he could provide more help than Zaza. Other bigs I would consider are Fazekas a PF with great size and good shot that provides something different to the frontcourt and Magloire that could be a defensive presence although I doubt we can sign Magloire cheap.

I would also like to give a opportunity to Gelabale, a athletic G/F that can provide scoring from the bench, defense and can shot the 3pt. He could also be signed cheap and on limited minutes he proved his worth on Seattle

Thoughts?

Hi guys! I'm new posting though I've been following the forum long time ago.

Just wanted to know your opinion about some guys I think could provide some help.

Sund has said he wanted to add two bigs. We already have Morris, what about Harrison? He is a legit 7footer center that has great upside and could become a good role player and I think he could be signed cheap 1,5M$?. On limited minutes he provided decent stats, now we lost Kwame I think he could provide more help than Zaza. Other bigs I would consider are Fazekas a PF with great size and good shot that provides something different to the frontcourt and Magloire that could be a defensive presence although I doubt we can sign Magloire cheap.

I would also like to give a opportunity to Gelabale, a athletic G/F that can provide scoring from the bench, defense and can shot the 3pt. He could also be signed cheap and on limited minutes he proved his worth on Seattle

Thoughts?

I'd definitely consider offering Magloire the remainder of our MLE and then using the LLE on Gelabale. There's always the hope that this will be the year that Mags finally starts playing like the Mags of old. At worst he would provider another big body to eat up some minutes.