• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where Have You Seen Nba Players?

Boomer

My dad also worked with Nique on some business things he was involved with last year. Thus how I have a bazillion shirts that say "Nique" and have his silhouette on them and an autographed ball. he said he was super nice and would bend over backwards for someone.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice Traceman, I run into VIP's all around the city but not many NBA players. I guess they don't hang out as much where I hang out (ie strip bars, free weight gyms, standard Buckhead restaurants, etc).

The NBA player that I used to see the most often is Kevin Willis. He'd show up at my gym, did curls with him once. Shannon Sharpe is there so much that sometimes I forget and just think he's some gym regular. But I don't see many NBA guys away from Phillips.

• Premium Member
Walter and I must be from the same neck of the woods...

I played little league ball with Jeff Malone's nephew. Met him a couple of times. I still have a personalized, signed poster of Jeff Malone somewhere.

Went to Sharone Wright's basketball camp one time. He brought a young Marcus Camby in as a guest.

I was working at a flower shop at the time that Wright got into the car accident that ended his career. I took an order that was to be delivered to his mother's house. I asked for the message for the card and got, "Thinking of you and your son. Best wishes, Isiah Thomas."

If you're ever out for a late dinner in Atlanta, you seem to stand a good chance of running into a drunk Charles Barkley. I've seen him quite a few times...

How did Sharone Wright get a basketball camp? I guess it's time for me to get one!

I saw Kareem Abdul-Jabbar when I was at LAX with a basketball tour in 1990. I was with a bunch of other kids about 14 years of age, and we all ended up taking photos of him as he unloaded his luggage from his car....he wasnt too impressed I dont think. He gave me a dirty stare after I took a photo with the flash on. From memory he had skiis, so he was obviously going somewhere with snow.

I also saw Wally Szczerbiak walking down the outdoor mall at Brisbane (Australia) with his girl. He was there to play for the US team at the Goodwill Games, and I was there to watch my mate play for Australia.

Thats about it for me, we dont get many NBA players down here.

Couple months ago (late March) I saw Shaq, Amare, and Barbosa in a White Castle at 3am up here in NYC. I think there was a Nets game the next day or the day before. Anyway, I was chilling with my girlfriend's brother and he asked them all for pictures. Barbosa seemed thrilled that we knew him. Shaq is always cool to fans so he took a picture. Amare wasn't having any of it.

Couple months ago (late March) I saw Shaq, Amare, and Barbosa in a White Castle at 3am up here in NYC. I think there was a Nets game the next day or the day before. Anyway, I was chilling with my girlfriend's brother and he asked them all for pictures. Barbosa seemed thrilled that we knew him. Shaq is always cool to fans so he took a picture. Amare wasn't having any of it.

I think this one takes the cake man. Awesome. So can we see these pictures? :angel19:

I once saw Marvin Williams at an IHOP in Sandy Springs, about a couple of years ago. He was by himself, and stopped only when he was walking out and the lady at the table next to mine asked if he was, indeed, Marvin. She was giving him a hard time since she was a Laker's fan, but he was nice and joked around with us for a few minutes before he left. He's really soft spoken and slouches a lot.

EDIT PS:

Not quite as exciting, but I went to high school with Mario West. He graduated in the same class as me. Not like we were friends or anything, but he knew who I was. Probably doesn't remember me at all. One of the best moments ever was when a group of us traveled to McEachern to watch the game (and this was when Josh Smith was with McEachern, so they were a powerhouse) and he had a triple double en route to a big win for us. He totally outplayed Smoove in that game.

Edited by bronnt

sure, don't know how to post them though

On every post there is a "browse"button just below the gray box where you are typing and you press that and choose the photo that you want and press the "upload" button next to it. You can upload several photos if you want.

I once saw Marvin Williams at an IHOP in Sandy Springs, about a couple of years ago. He was by himself, and stopped only when he was walking out and the lady at the table next to mine asked if he was, indeed, Marvin. She was giving him a hard time since she was a Laker's fan, but he was nice and joked around with us for a few minutes before he left. He's really soft spoken and slouches a lot.

He does look like he has terrible posture, which is probably related to him not having a strong core. He seems like a very nice guy though from all I have ever heard about him.

I’m from Pittsburgh, which is a small city. I have seen most of the Steelers football players up close and personal …Mean Joe, Franco, Mel Blount, Lynn Swan, Jack Lambert, etc. I even met Big Daddy Lipscomb, Bobby Lane and John Henry Johnson.

The only basketball players I’ve met are Maurice Lucas, Sihugo Green, Chuck Cooper (1st Black NBA player), Connie Hawkins, and (Hawksquawk’s favorite GM) Billy Knight.

One night, 20 years ago, Billy Knight (he’s a local boy and I used to work with his sister) was in town to play in a local tennis tournament. I was hanging with Connie Hawkins (one of the nicest guy I’ve ever met) and we ran into Billy. We followed Billy to a downtown nightclub. Billy was driving the latest craze (a new Jeep Wagoneer) and Connie had his usual ride (a 1970 era Oldsmobile with 8 track tapes spewed on the floor). Billy left the club after 20 minutes (he had to get some rest for the tournament). Connie finally dropped me off at my car a 3 a.m. He was going to hit an after hours joint before playing in the same tennis tournament as Billy.

On every post there is a "browse"button just below the gray box where you are typing and you press that and choose the photo that you want and press the "upload" button next to it. You can upload several photos if you want.

Please do!

I took the pictures on my phone, thats my girl's brother and his friend in the pictures.

White Castle is a strange place at that time of night.

Nice! I wonder how many white castle burgers that trio could put down. It probably takes 100 to even remotely fill Shaq up.

Nice! I wonder how many white castle burgers that trio could put down. It probably takes 100 to even remotely fill Shaq up.

Thats what I was wondering myself. Thats insane...Shaq/Amare at white castle?!?!?!

Barbosa looks small but Shaq is MASSIVE. However, Barbosa can run circles around most players. i would have traded him for chills in a nano second.

Thats what I was wondering myself. Thats insane...Shaq/Amare at white castle?!?!?!

Barbosa looks small but Shaq is MASSIVE. However, Barbosa can run circles around most players. i would have traded him for chills in a nano second.

GF's bro is about 6'1 himself so Leandro was a bit taller than him. Shaq stands out so much though, his hands are absolutely monstrous.

I took the pictures on my phone, thats my girl's brother and his friend in the pictures.

White Castle is a strange place at that time of night.

post-2023-1217897423_thumb.jpgpost-2023-1217897443_thumb.jpg

Shaq's lookin fresh with the vest and cap. I bet he orders about 15 white castles and 3 fries as a fair-sized meal...