• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Favre A Jet

NJHAWK

J E T S JETS JETS JETS WOW GO FIGURE

Jeez, guess Christmas came early for Coles, Cotchery, et al.

Ted Thompson's still an idiot. Now he has to go through the indignity of hoping that Favre has another MVP-caliber season to optimize that draft pick, which will make him look like even more of an idiot. I love it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=3522971

Also: The Jets were my dark horse team before this acquisition, so I'm not sure if they are now lol... they might actually give the Pats a run for their money.

And can we please stop spelling his name wrong? lol... the guy's a future hall of famer, and people are still spelling his name Farve instead of Favre. :P

Edited by Libid21

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=3522971

Also: The Jets were my dark horse team before this acquisition, so I'm not sure if they are now lol... they might actually give the Pats a run for their money.

And can we please stop spelling his name wrong? lol... the guy's a future hall of famer, and people are still spelling his name Farve instead of Favre. :P

Amen! I'm sick of people doing FARVE.

Mike McCarthy is totally full of it. So is Ted Thompson and Mark Murphy. They are getting destroyed by the press right now. They are dancing and back peddling, not answering. Favre is an honest man and one of the best football players to ever play the game. These guys actually trumped the ASG in ignorance.

Could anyone see Bobby talking about Smoltzie this way? The Packers are classless and I hope that stadium is half empty in about 10 years.

I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers. He's going to have a hard time filling the void left by Favre.

Yeah, it's a shame that he's gonna get flamed, but that comes with the territory (NFL QB).

Merril Hodge (by no means the end-all, be-all) showed a statistical progression on NFL Live. Rodgers has been fantastic eight yards and in, but on passes over eight yards his completion percentage drops to something ridiculous like 30% (could have been passer rating instead). Hodge was just killing him on downfield accuracy.

Mike McCarthy is totally full of it. So is Ted Thompson and Mark Murphy. They are getting destroyed by the press right now. They are dancing and back peddling, not answering. Favre is an honest man and one of the best football players to ever play the game. These guys actually trumped the ASG in ignorance.

Could anyone see Bobby talking about Smoltzie this way? The Packers are classless and I hope that stadium is half empty in about 10 years.

Yeah, just totally unbelievable. Goes to show why players shouldn't trust the FO to take care of them.

I'm simply stunned that people can support the Packers in this mess. "He retired, wah wah!" Give me an f-ing break. Almost as bad as the Vick bashers (pre-indictment).

He gave up his rights to be the starting QB. If he wanted to still QB the team he shouldn't have retired.

Yeah, just totally unbelievable. Goes to show why players shouldn't trust the FO to take care of them.

I'm simply stunned that people can support the Packers in this mess. "He retired, wah wah!" Give me an f-ing break. Almost as bad as the Vick bashers (pre-indictment).

He had no right to think he could just jump out of retirement and think he could just have his job back. Don't give me crap about what he did in the past. He was well paid for his service. Dude gave up and quit on his team. The team moved on. That's life. He has held the team hostage every offseason for the last 3 or 4 years and the team had the right to say enough is enough. It's sad that some **** gobbling fans can't accept that.

I would be more understanding of Brett's position if he hadn't been the attention seeker every offseason for the last 3 years or so.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Thats his families fault for spelling it all phucked up, thats not my fault. I didnt spell my handle NJ HAKW did I?

He had no right to think he could just jump out of retirement and think he could just have his job back. Don't give me crap about what he did in the past. He was well paid for his service. Dude gave up and quit on his team. The team moved on. That's life. He has held the team hostage every offseason for the last 3 or 4 years and the team had the right to say enough is enough. It's sad that some **** gobbling fans can't accept that.

I would be more understanding of Brett's position if he hadn't been the attention seeker every offseason for the last 3 years or so.

You, sir, are an idiot. Why on earth are you talking about rights?

The NFL is about winning, plain and simple. Green Bay now enters the season with zero quarterbacks who have ever started an NFL game. Zero is that number that you get when you subtract one from one, usually notated as 1-1=0. In other news, that means that GB may well miss the playoffs just a year removed from participating in the NFC championship game. You know, when Favre finished second in the MVP voting. That's called backsliding.

I'm not a Packers fan by any stretch of the imagination, but Favre is fun to watch. Not to mention that he's the single greatest Packers player ever. Held hostage? Really? They push him out the door and pull it closed real quick-like, and you say he held them hostage. He retired precisely so that he wouldn't be holding them hostage. He did what you apparently would have wanted him to do, and you trash the guy for it? Then he decides he wants to play football, and they tell him they don't want him, so he asks to be released, and they say no. And they refuse to trade him. So actually, Mr. Genius, GB's FO held Favre hostage. He applied for reinstatement, told them that he was coming to camp, that he wanted to play football, and they basically called him a liar and dared him to try it. So he did. And they freaked the f- out. But he's the villian?

There's a reason basically every breathing columnist is flaming GB. They should.

Like I wrote above, you, sir, are an idiot, and I'll assume from here out that you have zero football knowledge. Cheers!

Edited by ATLBob

There is the first sign you might have been hit with the retarded stick.

We should also remember that BF has blew 2 out of the last 3 years. He has no future in the NFL. The redneck retired just a few months ago. The Packers are plaining for the future. Who gives a f*ck about the MVP voting? Steve McNair won an MVP for god shakes and he is not anywhere near a great QB in his time in the NFL.

Held hostage? Really?

Every year it takes him forever to decide if he wants to play another season.

And they refuse to trade him.

They didn't want to trade him to a division rival for obvious reasons. Any halfwit knows this. Once Brett decided he would play for the Jets he got traded.

And you, sir, are one of those **** gobbling fanboy types that I was talking about.

GB had to finish getting ready for the future. There is no promise they'll be good this year if Brett was brought back. Chemistry could be terrible or last year could have been a fluke. Going by Brett's play overall the last 4 years, it might very well be that way. Brett hasn't got a team to the SB in a decade. It's not going to happen. It's over. He quit on the team and said he was done playing. The team did what they should have done and moved on. Get Brett's wenis out of your mouth and do the same.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

There is the first sign you might have been hit with the retarded stick.

We should also remember that BF has blew 2 out of the last 3 years. He has no future in the NFL. The redneck retired just a few months ago. The Packers are plaining for the future. Who gives a f*ck about the MVP voting? Steve McNair won an MVP for god shakes and he is not anywhere near a great QB in his time in the NFL.

Every year it takes him forever to decide if he wants to play another season.

They didn't want to trade him to a division rival for obvious reasons. Any halfwit knows this. Once Brett decided he would play for the Jets he got traded.

And you, sir, are one of those **** gobbling fanboy types that I was talking about.

GB had to finish getting ready for the future. There is no promise they'll be good this year if Brett was brought back. Chemistry could be terrible or last year could have been a fluke. Going by Brett's play overall the last 4 years, it might very well be that way. Brett hasn't got a team to the SB in a decade. It's not going to happen. It's over. He quit on the team and said he was done playing. The team did what they should have done and moved on. Get Brett's wenis out of your mouth and do the same.

Haha, I don't even have to come up with anything ... you managed to show us how ignorant you are all by your lonesome.

Oh, and now that I'm apparently gay, I may just come find you and give you a big kiss.

:mark:

Seriously, though, gay-bashing has no place on this board.

Although it is pretty funny that you felt so insecure about the lack of logic you were diplaying in your post that you had to resort completely unrelated name-calling in a lame attempt to bolster your lack of an argument.

Who gives a f*ck about the MVP voting? Steve McNair won an MVP for god shakes

Seriously, you want to belittle Steve Air McNair to try to make your point.

Dude threw 24 TDs to 7 INTs that year while racking up 229 passing yards per game and had a passer rating over 100 while leading his team to a 12-4 regular season record. They lost to the eventual Super Bowl winning Patriots in the Divisional round 17-14.

Again, you want to belittle that?

Additionally, the past four MVPs (ie, since Air McNair) follow, from most recent to least:

Tom Brady

LaDainian Tomlinson

Shaun Alexander

Peyton Manning

You're right, those guys are lousy, and none of them will ever be in the HOF.

Exhibit F