• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Realgm Says He Signed It

Swish

Finally an offer for Smoove for what he wanted. This better be match very soon. No need waiting it out. ASG got enough bad press for taking too long.

Don't expect to hear anything from the Hawks until the last minute. My guess is that Smith will be moved in an SnT but not necessarily to the Griz. The Griz have now set the price, the Hawks can now shop Smith at that rate and see what they can get. It seems to me that Gearon/Sund want to rid themselves of BK's players and re-tool the team on the fly.

Don't expect to hear anything from the Hawks until the last minute. My guess is that Smith will be moved in an SnT but not necessarily to the Griz. The Griz have now set the price, the Hawks can now shop Smith at that rate and see what they can get. It seems to me that Gearon/Sund want to rid themselves of BK's players and re-tool the team on the fly.

If he has indeed signed it, then it's all or nothing at this point. The Hawks can't SnT if he actually signed the sheet; they can only match or watch him Josh Childress.

If he is using the sheet as leverage and hasn't yet signed, that's a different ball of wax. We can expect to get some lame SnT offer in that situation.

Once he signs the sheet, you can't SnT him I don't think.

Once he signs the sheet, you can't SnT him I don't think.

That is correct. IF he signs the offer sheet, we can't do a sign and trade. We either match it or we lose him.

I HOPE he signs it. 5 yrs/$58M is within the range that I thought was fair for Smoove all along. The Hawks should be jumping for joy if they can get him signed for that amount.

I don't know that Smoove will sign this offer because I don't know what he has been asking for. If the Hawks could have signed him to a 5 yr/$58M deal weeks ago they are idiots for dragging it out. If indeed he does sign the offer and the Hawks don't match, I'm getting my season ticket money back. Period.

I HOPE he signs it. 5 yrs/$58M is within the range that I thought was fair for Smoove all along. The Hawks should be jumping for joy if they can get him signed for that amount.

I know very little about this process but:

If it is a 5-58 deal that would be great. I imagine it would be somewhat front-loaded (like 12-12-12-11-11) and would include a player option after 3 years and maybe a team option after 4. That would be great for Smoove since he would get his 12 per year and then be able to opt out and go for a bigger contract while still in his mid twenties.

I figure the Hawks will match that so it would work out well for all concerned.

Man...If Smoove stays healthy, plays well, and doesn't pull some sort of MV7...he's gonna be one RICH fella when he's 30 years old !

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member
I know very little about this process but:

If it is a 5-58 deal that would be great. I imagine it would be somewhat front-loaded (like 12-12-12-11-11) and would include a player option after 3 years and maybe a team option after 4. That would be great for Smoove since he would get his 12 per year and then be able to opt out and go for a bigger contract while still in his mid twenties.

I figure the Hawks will match that so it would work out well for all concerned.

Man...If Smoove stays healthy, plays well, and doesn't pull some sort of MV7...he's gonna be one RICH fella when he's 30 years old !

Wait a minute, this is the ASG your talking about.