• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who Do We Finish The Roster With?

capstone21

• Admin
Show Deke the money !!!!!! I doubt PJ Brown or Finley would come here. Maybe Ratliff or Scott Pollard?

1. Either Deke, Ratliff or Pollard in that order.

2. A shooter like that kid we had in summer league or Richardson or even Piatkowski.

3. Josh Duncun

The shooter ... do you mean Luke Jackson? If so I agree give him a chance.

Ratliff might not be a bad option if his knees hold up. I didn't think of him. Although I like the idea of Powell more.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about Solo. After 2 full seasons he still seems like a project. With Morris already signed I think we have our big man project for the next couple of years. I want a big guy that can step out and hit an 18 footer or a bruiser.

How about someone that can defend the paint, rebound and block some shots? Solomon can be a that player and more with his athleticism... receives a few ally oop here and there (love the way Bibby use the pick and rolls and just lob it up to him last season)... some garbage buckets here and there and he can be a similar player to Maxielle.

The shooter ... do you mean Luke Jackson? If so I agree give him a chance.

Ratliff might not be a bad option if his knees hold up. I didn't think of him. Although I like the idea of Powell more.

I was talking about that Othello guy Sekou talked about in his blog. Forgive me but I was on vaca and didnt see any of the rebroadcast of the Hawks summer league games. Jackson is a big man isnt he? I was being serious about DEKE and Antoine Walker. Deke can give us 10-15 minutes off the bench. Walker can be a double figure scorer off the bench. Then again Woody may strangle him 1st, lol.

I think Solo has some talent and you don't just throw big guys away. Especially ones like him that are so cheap.

Normally I would agree with ya Cap...but I think Solo was done a dis-service by not playing in the NBDL his first year. He basically got screwed out of a year of development. Still, the Hawks aren't a "save Solo" organization - so - off you go.

I'd say Luke Jackson and Othello Hunter....i scoured the free agent list and honestly there's not much that i would choose over othello hunter...he played well in the summer league..is smooth, plays calmly, not jittery like some summer leaguers...scored and rebounded.....seems to be able to play big and small.

I was talking about that Othello guy Sekou talked about in his blog. Forgive me but I was on vaca and didnt see any of the rebroadcast of the Hawks summer league games. Jackson is a big man isnt he? I was being serious about DEKE and Antoine Walker. Deke can give us 10-15 minutes off the bench. Walker can be a double figure scorer off the bench. Then again Woody may strangle him 1st, lol.

here are 3 archived games just in case

Hawks-Jazz

Jazz-Hawks

Warriors-Hawks

I'd say Luke Jackson and Othello Hunter....i scoured the free agent list and honestly there's not much that i would choose over othello hunter...he played well in the summer league..is smooth, plays calmly, not jittery like some summer leaguers...scored and rebounded.....seems to be able to play big and small.

Othello Hunter at least earned a chance to make this team in camp. I believe he will make it and have an impact probably later on in the season. The Bennett kids offensive potential may be to good to pass up I would rather see that young man make the team than Speedy. At least he has a chance to make the team. I would sign Dorrell Wright to an offer sheet with the remaining MLE money.

Bibby/Law/Bennett

JJ/Mo Evans/J Rich

MW/Dorell Wright/West

Smoove/ZaZa/Hunter

Horford/Morris/Solo

Bennett, J Rich, West or Hunter probably won't dress at the start of the season. Two of these players could also be allocated to the NBDL to get more game time.

I wouldn't mind Dike at all but just say no to Walker coming back here.

Currently

Bibby/Law/Claxton

JJ/Evans

Marvin

Smith/Solo

Horford/Zaza/Morris

If we resign Richardson and West we still have 2 spots. Who do we go after?

I like Luke Jackson with his shooting and defense.

There are no big men out there now. Do we consider Jamal Magloire for cheap or look elsewhere?

I have no clue, but at least we didn't lose JS for nothing if there is anything positive about matching the contract.

Luke Jackson is a sharpshooter who isn't quite so sharp.

Othello Hunter at least earned a chance to make this team in camp. I believe he will make it and have an impact probably later on in the season. The Bennett kids offensive potential may be to good to pass up I would rather see that young man make the team than Speedy. At least he has a chance to make the team. I would sign Dorrell Wright to an offer sheet with the remaining MLE money.

Bibby/Law/Bennett

JJ/Mo Evans/J Rich

MW/Dorell Wright/West

Smoove/ZaZa/Hunter

Horford/Morris/Solo

Bennett, J Rich, West or Hunter probably won't dress at the start of the season. Two of these players could also be allocated to the NBDL to get more game time.

I wouldn't mind Dike at all but just say no to Walker coming back here.

Bennett is a SG and there's no reason to keep him and Richardson.

+I think we need to make a commitment to Al being the guy and then make decsions about what we need. We dont need a center who does a lot of things offensively. He needs to play a role so Al can exapand his game and grown.

I think have Smoove at the 3, Al 4 and a big presnets a lot of problems for teams and we need to capitolize on that.

I think signing Pargo would be huge for his shooting but also to be a big part of the second unit.

We have kept our starting unit intact, even though we lost Chill. And they didn't have a full year to play together. I think that is a huge issue and chemistry could really be one of the things that sets us apart. All the pieces are there and now the question is whether the sum is greater than the individual pieces . . . . . and everyone needs to do their part.

Bennett is a SG and there's no reason to keep him and Richardson.

Bennett may have been a SG in college but in the SL he was playing the point. That maybe the only way he can make it in the league. The last game he looked like a smaller Gilbert Arenas and he made some nice passes as well. He projects better at the point IMO.

He would be a good player to send to the Hawks NBDL affiliate as a just in case for Speedy. I know Speedy will make it over him if healthy but I would rather give the kid a shot.

Bennett may have been a SG in college but in the SL he was playing the point. That maybe the only way he can make it in the league. The last game he looked like a smaller Gilbert Arenas and he made some nice passes as well. He projects better at the point IMO.

He would be a good player to send to the Hawks NBDL affiliate as a just in case for Speedy. I know Speedy will make it over him if healthy but I would rather give the kid a shot.

my bad I was thinking of Thomas Gardner. simple mistake. Bennett wasn't that good besides that last game.That was the only game he scored the whole summer league.I'd prefer Gardner but not Bennett,he didn't show much. Gardner can shoot the heck out of the ball.

Edited by Cwell

• Premium Member

Sund said his goal was to gain a shooter and two big men. At the time, he didn't know that Childress wouldn't be around.

Is Evans the shooter? Capable, but I'm not sure he's the pure shooter Sund had in mind.

Is Luke Jackson the shooter? More of a pure shooter, but can you really bank on a guy who has had such an injury history, and wasn't even able to get back into the league last year.

Are we still looking? I think we have to be.

Morris obviously fills one of the big guy slots.

Definitely still looking there, unless you seriously consider O-Hunter to be what Sund had in mind. Seems more likely to be ticketed for D-league competition.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of Justin Williams... is he still available? Never did catch why he was originally on the Summer League roster but got dropped at the last minute.

And, as Sekou suggested earlier, we still haven't really filled the loss of Childress skill set.

Edited by sturt

• Admin
Sund said his goal was to gain a shooter and two big men. At the time, he didn't know that Childress wouldn't be around.

Is Evans the shooter? Capable, but I'm not sure he's the pure shooter Sund had in mind.

Is Luke Jackson the shooter? More of a pure shooter, but can you really bank on a guy who has had such an injury history, and wasn't even able to get back into the league last year.

Are we still looking? I think we have to be.

Morris obviously fills one of the big guy slots.

Definitely still looking there, unless you seriously consider O-Hunter to be what Sund had in mind. Seems more likely to be ticketed for D-league competition.

And, as Sekou suggested earlier, we still haven't really filled the loss of Childress skill set.

I agree the Hunter is not NBA ready. I am not convinced that Morris is a contributer either. He came cheap and has some experience so I am good with his signing. If Elson is still out there we need to go after him now. I thought the Bucks got him but if not, he is the best big man out there right now and he can play.

Meanwhile, the Spurs’ pursuit of another free-agent guard drags on as well.

Jannero Pargo, the primary backup to All-Star point guard Chris Paul in New Orleans last season, is considering an offer from the Spurs believed to start at $2 million. That figure represents roughly the remainder of the Spurs’ mid-level exception, most of which went to sign Mason.

It is said Pargo is seeking a deal that would push him past the $2 million threshold. Pargo’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, declined to say what other teams are interested in the 28-year-old guard.

“We’re just trying to work through the process and come to a decision,” Bartelstein said Friday. “It’s whenever Jannero decides what he wants to do. That could be in a week, it could be a month, or it could be just a few days.”

Currently we clearly need a backup SF and perhaps another big, I don't know after signing Hunter if we are still searching for one.

For SF I would definately consider Gelabale, he is the best FA available right now. I think we can sign him cheap and can do all we would require, defend, shot 3's. Another option could be Dorrel Wright but he is restricted and probably Miami will match and an intriguing prospect would be Kasib Powell. This guy really can play and showed some flashes last year and on summer league. I doubt if Miami signs Dorrell he would also sign Kasib.

For the big some options we could consider is Fazekas, Solo Jones, Magloire, Elson and Harrington. My take would be Fazekas or Magloire depens of what the coach wants. Currently we have 3 centers so I think probably is better to sign a backup PF than another Center so I would go with Fazekas a PF with size and nice shot, he complements Josh very well.

And if you want a shooter forget of Richardson or Luke Jackson. The guy that showed can shot was Thomas Gardner he was deadly from downtown and in limited minutes he outplayed both Richardson and Jackson.

So the lineup would be:

Bibby/Law/Claxton

JJ/Evans/Gardner

Marvin/Gelabale

Smith/Fazekas/Hunter

Horford/Zaza/Morris

About Bennet he only played well one game but he did so well playing the point that he deserves to be followed, he came wild and won the match alone. Probably Richardson also so I say sign and send them to the NBDL.

Another option I would consider and is not such a strange thing if you consider the situation is Shaun Livingston. The guy can play, has a lot of talent and plays PG one of our weakest position. We coul sign him also cheap as nobody is offering him a contract and we have to take into account that next year Bibby ends contract, Claxton probably will not play much and and Law is unproven. Imagine we sign him 3 years 9M$ and he manages to stay healthy 60 games, he could very well average 12ppg, 5rpg, 6apg if given the minutes. I say is low risk at that money and the reward can be HUGE!! Next year we would not have to worry about our starting PG and will have 15M$ of cap space. I say PLEASE SIGN HIM!!!