• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who Do We Finish The Roster With?

capstone21

Othello Hunter at least earned a chance to make this team in camp. I believe he will make it and have an impact probably later on in the season. The Bennett kids offensive potential may be to good to pass up I would rather see that young man make the team than Speedy. At least he has a chance to make the team. I would sign Dorrell Wright to an offer sheet with the remaining MLE money.

Bibby/Law/Bennett

JJ/Mo Evans/J Rich

MW/Dorell Wright/West

Smoove/ZaZa/Hunter

Horford/Morris/Solo

Bennett, J Rich, West or Hunter probably won't dress at the start of the season. Two of these players could also be allocated to the NBDL to get more game time.

I wouldn't mind Dike at all but just say no to Walker coming back here.

There's no need to keep that many players on the roster. IMO, our final DEPTH CHART should be:

Bibby/Law/Claxton

Johnson/Evans/Richardson

Williams/Jackson or West

Smith/Solo or Hunter(battle it out)

Horford/Pachulia or Morris (battle it out)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no need to keep that many players on the roster. IMO, our final DEPTH CHART should be:

Bibby/Law/Claxton

Johnson/Evans/Richardson

Williams/Jackson or West

Smith/Solo or Hunter(battle it out)

Horford/Pachulia or Morris (battle it out)

That was more or less the players whom I would like the Hawks to keep in some way. Of course some of them won't be on the active roster and two can be sent to the NBDL. Not a fan of Luke Jackson's. I will believe Craig is healthy when I see it and even when he was I wasn't a fan of his game.

Bennett and Hunter can start in the NBDL.

Another interesting guy could be Bonzi Wells off the bench.

Grizzlies renounced Casey Jacobsen... regarded as a shooter... and Andre Brown today.

Any interest in either?

Don't see these guys helping us out.

There is no question that we will have more depth this year than last. I just hope that we play more than 7 players.

Have Spurs Tendered Finley Offer?

Aug 09, 2008 6:45 PM EST

The Spurs have tendered an offer to Michael Finley worth the veteran's minimum of $1.3 million, according to The San Antonio Express-News.

If Finley doesn't remain with the Spurs, it's likely that he'll sign with a familiar team. The Mavericks are reportedly contacted the veteran about returning to Dallas.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...d_finley_offer/

Couldn't we offer 2M$ to him and sign him, he would be great from the bench playing SF, much better than Jackson and Richardson. I thought he would be making more money but that is a solid cheap solution

• Premium Member

Ya know, there remains a chance that Sund still has a trade on the table that was awaiting something to happen w/ Smoove. Mainly, there could be a Speedy trade out there somewhere, in a situation where a team valuing expiring contracts is in need of a backup PG.

Still, the recent injury history of Bibby and Law makes me nervous, so I'm not suggesting that I'd necessarily be anxious to see that happen. Besides, if Speedy's knee holds out, he becomes the only PG with true defensive credentials. It still irks me how Rondo was able to take Bibby wherever he wanted on the court... if we meet again in the playoffs, we have to have someone we can turn to, if only for 15-20 minutes who is better equipped to neutralize Rondo's speed.

I would do that fast. I too figured he would be making alot more than that. He could be a leader, and can still nail the three in the clutch. Imagine,

Al/Morris

Josh/Zaza/Hunter/Solo

Marvin/Finley

JJ/Evans

Bibby/Law/Speedy

NICE!

Zaza is no more a PF than Josh Smith is a point guard. I just don't get why people put Zaza as our main b-u at PF.

What the team needs:

A wing that moves without the ball and grabs rebounds (wait didn't we have one of those?)

A b-u PF. The Hawks are dangerously thin at PF. Neither Zaza nor Morris can guard or score from the PF position. What happens if Smith goes down? We could handle an injury to Marvin, Bibby, or even Horford. We really can't handle the loss of Smith at all.

• Admin
Zaza is no more a PF than Josh Smith is a point guard. I just don't get why people put Zaza as our main b-u at PF.

What the team needs:

A wing that moves without the ball and grabs rebounds (wait didn't we have one of those?)

A b-u PF. The Hawks are dangerously thin at PF. Neither Zaza nor Morris can guard or score from the PF position. What happens if Smith goes down? We could handle an injury to Marvin, Bibby, or even Horford. We really can't handle the loss of Smith at all.

I think when Zaza comes in and if Smith goes out then Horford slides to PF.

I think when Zaza comes in and if Smith goes out then Horford slides to PF.

That's something that I will admit I am concerned about Cap. We have a guy who came into this league as a rookie and did more than any other recent rookies and we are talking about "sliding him around". A.H. MAY have the stuff to be a Karl Malone level PF and we aren't even giving him his spot. Granted he's a second year guy but he was noticed enough to be taken to practice against our dream team as a rook.

Everybody and their grandmother knows that he is/could be a top notch PF. We gotta see REAL potential and stop "sliding him around". Give him the ball. :newspaper:

WTF are we worried about Zaza's minutes for? Zaza plays center - or you or me - make A.H. a full time PF and we might advance. Put JS at SF and shoot Marvin.....or better yet...trade him....or even better since he is now 6'9'-245 - make him the center......I know you think I'm joking but what the hay....he is better than Zaza. If he really is 245lbs he can muscle up and JS and AL would have his backside. He could draw out other centers because - if there is ONE THING Marvin can do - it's hit a mid range jump shot

I'm a Flocking Genius :-)

Edited by DJlaysitup

What the team needs:

Not a lot of team can handle their 2nd best player and best defensive player being out...at the same time. You can also say what happens if JJ goes out? Both pointed to ---> the Hawks being screwed.

Solomon/Hunter at backup PF will probably alternate at being backup scoring vs defense/rebounding... I tend to sway toward the defense/rebounding but potato head have to give Solo better than 4 mins/game.