• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Was Gone For 2 Days And Come Back To Get Great News

Admin

Been out fishing for the past 2 days in the gulf and got to come back to this and man I'm freaking ecstatic. Not only that we got Smith signed but that we got him for less than $12 million. I don't know if he would have for less than $12 million from us but it was clear we weren't going to offer that amount, so he got as good of a deal that he could get and we acted swiftly and I'm glad that the ASG kept their word and matched the deal and even more so that they matched it so quickly.

Also very happy to hear about Othello Hunter being signed. Hopefully he will get some minutes and get a chance to make an impact for us from the bench.

Now lets use that 3 million left in the MLE and get someone that can help immediately.

Been out fishing for the past 2 days in the gulf and got to come back to this and man I'm freaking ecstatic. Not only that we got Smith signed but that we got him for less than $12 million. I don't know if he would have for less than $12 million from us but it was clear we weren't going to offer that amount, so he got as good of a deal that he could get and we acted swiftly and I'm glad that the ASG kept their word and matched the deal and even more so that they matched it so quickly.

Also very happy to hear about Othello Hunter being signed. Hopefully he will get some minutes and get a chance to make an impact for us from the bench.

Now lets use that 3 million left in the MLE and get someone that can help immediately.

Well then GTF out of town and maybe we can land someone good with that 3 million.

Hey if I could spend every day out fishing I would and especially if it meant we'd get something done around here.

So did you catch anything noteworthy?

It is pretty strange that the Hawks signed Smith and Hunter while you were gone. I am sure you were like W T F.

So did you catch anything noteworthy?

It is pretty strange that the Hawks signed Smith and Hunter while you were gone. I am sure you were like W T F.

I caught several Amberjack, Kingfish, a huge Barracuda, some Snapper but had to throw back since they aren't in season right now, and some Mahi Mahi.

Yeah I was stunned because I checked ESPN first and saw that the Grizzlies had made the offer and it shocked me and then I come on here and someone had just posted that we matched so that was great to read. Perfect ending to a great fishing trip.

• Premium Member

lol, I've also been out of town for the past week and haven't even seen a computer since last Saturday. A friend called me and said that Memphis signed Smith to an offer sheet and I was like WTF the Spirit better match. I hadn't heard any news until I just recently got home. Now that I see we've matched, I'm in a great mood.

But honestly, I was SO happy when I heard they signed him to an offer sheet. Was just ready to get it over with, and if the ASG wouldn't match a deal like that for Smith, than we would truly know they don't care about winning. I'm glad they did, even though they should've never taken this long in the first place.

I always thought he was Sekou Smith, because of timing and occasional grammar missteps.

edit--hey dolfan can we get like a ticker/countdown type thing? i mean really tip against Orlando is October 29th, it will be here b4 we know it. I am psyched.

Edited by Swish