• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we use Jamal Tinsley.

Diesel

• Premium Member

While in Memphis, I read that Pacers owners wants Tinsley gone.

Usually, Owners that rich don't care about the players... really... but to have one come up and say he will be traded (not waived and not paid off) was shocking to me. So here's the question.

Can we use him?

I know he's immature.

I know he's got a bad contract.

But

He's a good PG.

I was trying to consider our roster and Indy's roster and what players if Any I would want from Indy as payment for taking on Tinsley's bad contract.

here's some names:

Murphy.

Dunleavy Jr.

TJ Ford

back to the question...

Let me put this in your mind:

Bibby/Speedy/Marvin = Ford/Tinsley/Dunleavy Jr./Hibbert.

Usually, Owners that rich don't care about the players... really... but to have one come up and say he will be traded (not waived and not paid off) was shocking to me. So here's the question.

Can we use him?

I know he's immature.

But

He's a good PG.

I was trying to consider our roster and Indy's roster and what players if Any I would want from Indy as payment for taking on Tinsley's bad contract.

here's some names:

Murphy.

Dunleavy Jr.

TJ Ford

back to the question...

Tinsley stinks.

I wouldnt mind Tinsley, but he's just as injury prone as our PGs. Zaza+Speedy for Foster+Tinsley+pick wouldnt be bad

Thats not a bad trade right there. Tinsley is a bad guy though, Knight did a good job keeping bad guys away from our young cats. We dont need Smoove getting shot hanging out with that clown.

Can we use him?

I know he's immature.

But

He's a good PG.

here's some names:

Murphy.

Dunleavy Jr.

TJ Ford

back to the question...

Nice try Mr. Transparency but the Pacers have their SF of the future and they have no need for Marv. They also just basically traded Jermaine O'Neal for Ford so I certainly don't see that sending him on for the likes of Bibby.

All that said, they are so depserate to get rid of Tinsley that they MIGHT trade him for Speedy straight up. Tinsley has 3 years left on his deal ($6.75M, $7.2M & $7.5M) to Speedy's two ($5.75M & $5.2M). Also, Speedy's contract DECLINES next year while Tinsley's increases. Basically, Speedy is due $11M over the next 2 years and Tinsley is due $21.5M over the next 3 years.

Tinsley is working out this summer and he looks to be in VERY good shape. I have seen him at the gym a LOT over the last few weeks including yesterday. He is slimmer than I've ever seen him. He should be a lot quicker than he has been and that could set him up to have a really good season. Dude still can't shoot though. I watched him practice shooting 3's for a while yesterday and he never really made more than a couple in a row. I think his shot is just a little too flat and he doesn't use his legs enough.

Bottom line, I MIGHT trade Speedy straight up for him if I could find a deal for Bibby's expiring contract that I REALLY liked or if I didn't think Acie was ready to take the primary BU minutes at the point. If we could acquire an available All Star caliber player for Bibby's expiring contract (Vince Carter?, AI?), a Speedy for Tinsley deal could make some sense.

Horford/Zaza

Smoove/Morris

JJ/Marvin

Vince Carter/Evans

Tinsley/Acie

or

Horford/Zaza

Smoove/Morris

Marvin/Evans

JJ/Acie

AI/Tinsley

Team One is more balanced but I'd take Team Two as well.

• Premium Member

Can we use him?

I know he's immature.

But

He's a good PG.

here's some names:

Murphy.

Dunleavy Jr.

TJ Ford

back to the question...

Earth to Diesel...........the Hawks are NOT trading Marvin. Get over it.