• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Awards-Deux

Swish

Hawksquawk Awards-Deux  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, with voting all but died down for round one of determining the most prestigious posters in the community, its time for the second and final round of voting.

Lets go over Round One's winners....

Diesel takes the favorite poster award handily, with Seano writing up a lovely ode to Diesel. He pretty much summed up all our feelings.

Dolfan23 absolutely destroyed the most helpful competetition, due to his unfailing help with all things basketball, technical, and forum related. Hawksfanatic drew second due to his great knowledge of the cap and salary issues.

In most annoying, Hotlanta1981 takes first for being our resident negative presence. Exodus and Diesel tie for second, probably because of their constant arguing. Yours truly gets an honorable mention for apparently rubbing three people the wrong way.

The new categories are MVP, Rookie, and Most Improved.. MVP has nothing to do with your fave, simply, who is the most valuable. The others are self explanatory.

Dolfan, feel free to sticky if you like.

As a side, should I write more power rankings?

Edited by Swish

Like every one else says, anyone else who thinks this forum is better off without Diesel is just fooling themselves. Even when he ridiculously gets on Marvin's chops, it's still entertaining to read. I'm a fan of exodus too, but then again, I'm a fan of pretty much every poster on this website. Diesel slightly edges every one else out though.

Hawksquawk ROTY definitely goes to crimedog. Swish, you make some nice topics here and there, but crimedog is very knowledgeable and always brings up good points.

Most improved member I just voted brotha2thanite. Besides his annoying red and bold font, he usually brings up good points as well. I don't know why I'm on that list though, since I don't know how I could already improve seeing that I'm the best poster on this site... (obviously kidding...) but really, I'm flattered. lol

Aww man wheres the most annoying poster one, i wanted to vote for you again.... :beat:

Imagine me as the dude with the club and imagine you as the dude getting hammered :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Someone forgot their Ritalin.

Maybe your Mom never let you have chocolate chip cookies. They're delicious.

I'll send you some of these

Edited by Swish

Hawksquawk ROTY definitely goes to crimedog. Swish, you make some nice topics here and there, but crimedog is very knowledgeable and always brings up good points.

I agree 100% here. I voted for 'dog too he is making this place better.

I have also taken note of Fred McGriff and always make a point to view his work. He is a fine addition to the board. It also helps that we agree on most issues.

Again I have to acknowledge that Diesel is the fuel (ha ha) that makes the Squawk go. Though he also is a strong contender for most annoying poster in my book, he really keeps things moving around here.

I voted for GTfan44 as most improved poster because he has actually brought some salient and knowledgeable arguments to the table of late. Though I often disagree with what he has to say, I can always respect a well-presented viewpoint. This is a noticeable improvement from his early work, which had me convinced that the guy knew absolutely nothing about basketball and was a scourge to the community. My apologies for some of my comments in response to your early posts GT (if you even remember).

As to my own nomination as most improved (4 votes so far!) I would say that I consider myself "most improved" only in the sense that I am now making my own modest contributions to the site, rather than just lurking (which is what I did for about 3 months prior to my join). I would contend, however, that my output has been fairly consistent since my join date - thanks to the new look HS I can see that I am averaging a touch over 4 posts per day, which I would estimate are pretty evenly distributed over the course of my stay.

I am honored to be recognized and subsequently voted "for" my efforts, however, as most people toil for years on end without any formal acknowledgement (then they get a plaque for 50 years of service and a gift certificate to blockbuster or some other meaningless trinket). Only the few get to enjoy a meteoric rise to the top - the Jeff Francoeurs and the Crimedogs of the world. Here's hoping Crimedog continues his top-notch production (whereas "Frenchy" has had a rough go of it post-SI cover.

Edited by jhay610

Nice write up jhay. I like it when y'all take the time to think things out...it contributes to the overall community atmosphere.

Man crimedog is crushing me! lol...justifiably so, of course!

Love the crimedog-Frenchy comp. Who am I then???

im only trying to help get your post numbers up

I LOVE the retraction after you get punked.

lol its cool dude; and I really don't mind if you have issues with me I'd rather know about it than not. I didn't realize you had joined this year or I would have put you on the Rookie of the Year instead of josh_pwns_newbs.