• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Favre

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I used to be a Favre fan but I've had it. He pulls this crap on the Packers every single year. I am tired of heaing about it and hopoe he falls on his face in NY and Aaron Rodgers wins the division.

Anybody else feel this way or am I just and old fart?

Nah. I don't. It's obvious from this whole "scandal" that GB's Front Office is very much retarded. I'll take a little extra publicity for a Future Hall of Famer and one of the best quarterbacks in the history of football. If you couple that with the fact that he had one of his best years and led his team to an NFC championship, you've got to be foolish to pre-determine that Aaron Rodgers, who hasn't started a game in his injury-riddled career, will be the starter and your franchise player (hell, Favre was Green Bay) will be on the bench.

• Premium Member
Nah. I don't. It's obvious from this whole "scandal" that GB's Front Office is very much retarded. I'll take a little extra publicity for a Future Hall of Famer and one of the best quarterbacks in the history of football. If you couple that with the fact that he had one of his best years and led his team to an NFC championship, you've got to be foolish to pre-determine that Aaron Rodgers, who hasn't started a game in his injury-riddled career, will be the starter and your franchise player (hell, Favre was Green Bay) will be on the bench.

Well I guess being older than most on the board and a member of management I have a different perspective with Favre. My problem is after ever season he is not sure if he's coming back or wants to play any longer. That type of attitude put the Packers in a tough situation, they have to plan thinking maybe Brent won't be back. Teams have to be on their toes at all times, you just don't pluck players at the last minute, so they have to prepare every off season that he might not be back. There is no doubt that brent is one of the great QBs of all time, but don't be so arrogant about it.

Lets see how he performs in NY city this year. If he struggles, this is not Green Bay Brent, NY fans and press will not hesitate to hammer you.

My .02