• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Deleting a post...?

Would it be a good idea to be able to delete posts that you've made in the past? Maybe delete posts that you've made within a certain amount of time. I realize that the negative side of this is if you're referring to what someone said in the past, they can just delete the post and pretend like they never said it. That's why I suggest that you be able to delete a post only within a certain amount of [short] time.

Would it be a good idea to be able to delete posts that you've made in the past? Maybe delete posts that you've made within a certain amount of time. I realize that the negative side of this is if you're referring to what someone said in the past, they can just delete the post and pretend like they never said it. That's why I suggest that you be able to delete a post only within a certain amount of [short] time.

I could maybe see allowing that, but it would have to be a very short time period, like 1, maybe 2 minutes. The problem is that if someone deletes a topic that they start and someone has replied to it, it will also delete that persons reply. I'm just not sure if that's a good idea or not.

That's the problem I was speaking of. However, 1 or 2 minutes is a bit short. If you're going to allow us to delete posts for that amount of time, well then might as well leave that out cause it would kinda make it useless. I was thinking about maybe having the same amount of time to edit our posts in the previous forum software.

Actually... now that I think about it, isn't it possible to allow users to delete replies and not topics they've created?

That's the problem I was speaking of. However, 1 or 2 minutes is a bit short. If you're going to allow us to delete posts for that amount of time, well then might as well leave that out cause it would kinda make it useless. I was thinking about maybe having the same amount of time to edit our posts in the previous forum software.

Actually... now that I think about it, isn't it possible to allow users to delete replies and not topics they've created?

There is no way to only allow users to delete posts and not topics, it will give them the option and honestly that's not something I'm interested in doing because although 99% of the guys here wouldn't abuse it, inevitably there would be someone that would end up deleting an entire topic just because they didn't like how it turned out.

We've been fine for years without users being able to delete posts and I really don't see any need to change that now.