• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Shockley Getting Ripped off!

Vesper

With Harrington as the quarterback, the offense does go downfield. He knows this offense pretty well, and Shockley's football IQ is still suspect. I'd rather have Shockley for sure, but you guys are talking like Shockley has shown that he's the next coming of Michael Vick and significantly better than Harrington. Both aren't really that good of quarterbacks. Shockley just has more upside...

How exactly does Shockley have any upside, let alone more than someone who has started in the NFL? Shockley is terrible. Someone mentioned that he has the better arm. Says who? His mechanics are awful. He spreads his feet, drops his elbow and is just in general a slinger. Not a Favre like gunslinger, but a slinger. He has zero touch or anticipation. He's just not an NFL qb. To suggest that he has any upside is comical at best. Sadly, Harrington gives us the best chance to win, I feel.

How exactly does Shockley have any upside, let alone more than someone who has started in the NFL? Shockley is terrible. Someone mentioned that he has the better arm. Says who? His mechanics are awful. He spreads his feet, drops his elbow and is just in general a slinger. Not a Favre like gunslinger, but a slinger. He has zero touch or anticipation. He's just not an NFL qb. To suggest that he has any upside is comical at best. Sadly, Harrington gives us the best chance to win, I feel.

First off, I am a UGA alum and I want to see all UGA guys do great. That said, Troy hits the nail on the head. DJ is a good scrambler, but has very little intuitive feel for the game and his mechanics are horrid. I want a QB who understands the game of football AND can translate that knowledge to on field performance.

I disagree with Troy in that Check-down Joey gives us the best chance to win, Ryan gives the best chance to win. IMO, Ryan has looked the best of the 4 in pre-season. His decission making is good, and he doesn't seem to be rattled by much. That interception, of course, was bad, but ALL QBs make bad decissions from time to time. Let's see if Ryan does that again before throwing him under the bus for a SINGLE interception.

Oh, has anyone noticed that the starting O-line has not been that bad. In fact they look reasonable. Baker has performed very well for a LT, let alone a rookie LT. The weak spot appears to be Center. The rest of the line is solid, if not good at this point in time.

First of all, I bet you didn't even watch the games, but just got your info from the stat sheet... Tisk Tisk...

How exactly does Shockley have an upside? Mobility behind a suspect line would be considered "an upside" (if you were watching the 1st preseason game, you might have noticed the scrambling ability during the 4th down run).... He does have a better arm, if you fail to see that DJ has a better arm than everyone except maybe Ryan, you need to get a grip (in terms of downfield)... It's also funny how you judge his mechanics, saying that he has "zero touch or anticipation"? Let me ask you a question... If Weems would have made the game-winning catch (that went right through his hands) in the 1st preseason game, would you be whistling a different tune? Put some better recievers around DJ before you criticize him, and quit smoking whatever is making you believe that Joey "Checkdown or Take-the-sack" Harrington gives us the best chance to win... Talk about comical!

I think Shockly can be similar to that QB at Minnesota. Above average mobility and strong arm... I want to hold off judegement until I can see him play with the first unit offense and the opposing first unit defense.

I've seen enough of Harrington to know that the check-down method is not going to win you games. The point of checkdown is to go down the field... but alas, he got a noodle arm. (Anyone seen that throw where he put all his might and it goes like 30 yards?) But I haven't seen enough of Shockly to give an answer like most of you.