• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Little League World Series

DJlaysitup

As a LLWS officianado I'll give all an update on what I have seen so far:

The U.S. favorites are usually from the Southeast and Southwest regionals...occasionally the West. Internationally, It's usually Japan, Curacao, possibly Mexico, and Saudi Arabia has been improving (with primaily the kids of American Oil workers).

S.A. only lost to Japan 5-0 but Japan still looks the best from the Intl. contigent. Their pitcher nearly threw a no-hitter and he wasn't their best one. Mexico could be a sleeper this year since they beat Curacao (no small feat). But I would still make Japan the favorites internationally.

As far as the U.S. - it's kind of up for grabs. Of course the Midwest, Great Lakes, and N.E. regions are dead on arrival as usual. Washington did give Louisianna a good game tonight - but LA's pitcher was dominant ant the WA hitters couldn't catch up to the speed of the ball. Florida is dominant as usaul from the S.E. region and won handily in reduced innings. My guess is that it will come down to FLA vs. LA on the American side and Tokyo (Japan) vs. ?? on the other side. I haven't got to see FLA yet so I can't judge them against LA - but they did beat out Warner Robbins in a close game to get there and I know Warner Robbins was very good this year. The SE and SW regions are always very strong.

LA's primary pitcher is totally dominant...but I don't know much about their pitching depth...they have very good hitters though - they caught up to the 78 mph pitcher from Wash today.

Ooops...PS - Venezuela is also very good on the Intl. side...I haven't been able to see them yet but they could contend.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Well so far it's been pretty much according to Hoyle. Hawaii beat Wash in the 1st American Semi. Louisianna will play Florida tomorrow. L has their pitching set up and should win but you never know. On the Intl. side Japan won 11-4 over Curasao.

Two big games tomorrow - Mexico vs Venezuela and LA vs Florida. Venezuela had Japan beat in a pool game except a runner left the base early from second base on a gapper - dumb mistake - but they are twelve and don't get paid.

Little League World Series is one of the best things to watch at this time of the year. It's interesting to watch all these kids with such fire in their heart, and you see more emotion in their games than in any professional league baseball game. It's pretty fun to watch IMO.

Well so far it's been pretty much according to Hoyle. Hawaii beat Wash in the 1st American Semi. Louisianna will play Florida tomorrow. L has their pitching set up and should win but you never know. On the Intl. side Japan won 11-4 over Curasao.

Two big games tomorrow - Mexico vs Venezuela and LA vs Florida. Venezuela had Japan beat in a pool game except a runner left the base early from second base on a gapper - dumb mistake - but they are twelve and don't get paid.

Mexico beat Venezuela pretty smoothly and that tells me something. Since Venezuela had Japan beat except for a baserunning error...Japan isn't invinceable this year. I think any team in the Semis could win it all. I still give LA the favorite spot....but Mexico is strong...and Hawaii is strong and undefeated. Lousianna has the pitchers set up though. Two 76-80 mile an hour dudes. Both have decent off speed stuff and both have no-hitters in pool/playoff play.

I think both games will be great tomorrow...better than listening to Bob Costas tell me more about M. Phelps for the 15th time.....honestly....who cares about swimmers?

Edited by DJlaysitup

Well missed the early news - but:

Hawaii beat Louisianna in what I would call an upset. The second best pitcher for LA (who had thrown a no-hitter the game before and threw 75-78 mph) got nailed for some runs. Hawaii and most of the good teams have good coaching. They cut down on the swings (shortened them) and make contact on the high velocity pitches. Then Hawaii beat Mexico handily for the LLWS Championship - a major upset IMO. Hawaii did have some pretty big kids though.

Glad the USA won again - but it was kind of a bummer that it wasn't FLA or LA.