• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

New Staind Album

Admin

I am a huge fan of Staind and just got done listening to their new album "The Illusion of Progress", which is really good! It's pretty much what you would expect from these guys, some slow songs, some a little harder, and lots of great lyrics!

I am a huge fan of Staind and just got done listening to their new album "The Illusion of Progress", which is really good! It's pretty much what you would expect from these guys, some slow songs, some a little harder, and lots of great lyrics!

Who?

Edit:

Just looked. Not big on Alt Rock.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Who?

Edit:

Just looked. Not big on Alt Rock.

Staind is among the best in Alt. Rock but if you don't like that genre then you probably won't like them. Staind is unique in that they usually do quite a few acoustic solo's and covers and some of them are really good. They do a great cover of Tool's Sober.

Staind is among the best in Alt. Rock but if you don't like that genre then you probably won't like them. Staind is unique in that they usually do quite a few acoustic solo's and covers and some of them are really good. They do a great cover of Tool's Sober.

As far as newer guys go, this is what works for me:

• Premium Member

I got into Staind around 2000. Honestly, I think they make great music...but the albums since Dysfunction have really disappointed me. They just went mainstream, soft, and mushy...

Dysfunction...? It's so hard and full of hate, anger, and just raw emotion. Aaron's screaming left and right and bleeding his heart all over the vocals... Damn they used to throw down:

That's some REAL s#!t right there... Man, I can listen to that album from front to back. I haven't listened to them much since they crossed over. Are all of their tracks still mellowed out?

I got into Staind around 2000. Honestly, I think they make great music...but the albums since Dysfunction have really disappointed me. They just went mainstream, soft, and mushy...

Dysfunction...? It's so hard and full of hate, anger, and just raw emotion. Aaron's screaming left and right and bleeding his heart all over the vocals... Damn they used to throw down:

That's some REAL s#!t right there... Man, I can listen to that album from front to back. I haven't listened to them much since they crossed over. Are all of their tracks still mellowed out?

Yeah this album is pretty mellow so if you aren't into that type of Staind then I wouldn't recommend that you get this one. I think you can preview the tracks on Amazon.com if you want to find out for sure though.