• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

New Navigation Bar

Admin

Better or worse?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you guys think of the new navigation bar? It really bugged me having 2 bars so I have been working on cleaning this thing up as much as possible. Everything is still there, just some of it has moved to the "IPB" drop down menu to save space.

I don't remember what it looked like before you changed it, but it serves the same function as the last so I enjoy it. I probably wouldn't have noticed the change if you didn't make a post to it, so clearly it is not worse. I would consider it to be better if anything.

I don't remember what it looked like before you changed it, but it serves the same function as the last so I enjoy it. I probably wouldn't have noticed the change if you didn't make a post to it, so clearly it is not worse. I would consider it to be better if anything.

Well it was basically the blue bar like it is now, plus a blue-gray bar beneath is with more links so it was 2 rows of links which looked very cluttered, plus I hated that color at the top. Perhaps I'm just a little more picky about these types of things than I should be LOL.

I like it alot. This site has a great scheme.

On an unrelated note, does the word ass have to be banned? It kills my favorite emoticon. No biggie!

Glad that you like it :)

Yeah that one was kinda silly, it was just part of a big list of words that I imported to keep it as PC as possible around here.

I really like it, but those with Firefox and Adblock PLUS I think would have one small complaint, and it's where the mail icon is (where you click to quickly access your PMs) and the little 'Block' button that Adblock PLUS puts under all FLASH applications coincide. You can't see my mouse pointer in the screenshot, but it's over the mail button.

88151453uq0.jpg

As you can see, it's quite trick to get to it, but it's definitely accessible, but just a little tricky and will probably need a getting used to.

That's the only thing bad, if you can even call it that, about the new navigation bar. Overall, it looks cleaner, matches the forum better, and overall better than the previous one.

EDIT: The AdBlock is coming from the banner not the icon.

I really like it, but those with Firefox and Adblock PLUS I think would have one small complaint, and it's where the mail icon is (where you click to quickly access your PMs) and the little 'Block' button that Adblock PLUS puts under all FLASH applications coincide. You can't see my mouse pointer in the screenshot, but it's over the mail button.

88151453uq0.jpg

As you can see, it's quite trick to get to it, but it's definitely accessible, but just a little tricky and will probably need a getting used to.

That's the only thing bad, if you can even call it that, about the new navigation bar. Overall, it looks cleaner, matches the forum better, and overall better than the previous one.

EDIT: The AdBlock is coming from the banner not the icon.

Yeah that would definitely be coming from the Flash since the PM icon is just a jpg. That's a shame that Adblock PLUS puts the "block" button right there. I don't use ABP so I would have never noticed it. I'll probably add a link to your message center in the IPB menu then just as a fail-safe. Good catch and glad that you like the new look.

LOL, I was looking for about five minutes for the User CP. Then I found out it's under IPB. Somewhat hard to find, but still there. I feel comfortable with this navigation bar. Thanks!

I renamed it to "My Controls", hopefully that will help people find it. "IPB" probably didn't make a lot of sense to most people.

You didn't need to move the mail icon to the left. I fixed the problem, so it looks fine with it being on the right. I preferred it there, but I guess it works either way. Nice new home icon too. :)

LOL I didn't move it because of that, I moved it because I wanted to group the icons together on the board. Glad that you like the home icon. I thought about doing one for chat and search but didn't want to confuse people.